Sith Warrior's "pureblood"

Noobishlord

I know it's brought up here and there in the Prologue, but after that, how much does it "come into play."

I ask because I'm really getting the urge to make a Rattataki Sith Warrior / Marauder, and while I can "head-canon" somethings away and ignore others, if it's going to be rubbed in my face the entire time, I'd settle for something more fitting.

It doesn't come up after Korriban.

It does on Corellia when a certain npc you are after says something like "At least my life will be ended by another pureblood". Not that it excludes all other races as non-canon. But everyone except human, pureblood and cyborg (which is just another human) make little sence story-wise. Overseer Tremel keeps talking about how your opponent on Korriban is a "mixed blood" and a stain on the Sith order, and how you are different from him, and how only the purest should be allowed to become sith, blah-blah-blah. That mixed blood kid isn't even alien, and he is still treated like garbage. Why the heck would Tremel place an alien above him?

Also, SW can mention in one of the sidequests that he is of noble origin and comes from a very respected imperial family. I doubt there are such alien families in the Empire.

But if you can somehow headcanon around those things, sure, why not.

Edited by Yria

Also, SW can mention in one of the sidequests that he is of noble origin and comes from a very respected imperial family. I doubt there are such alien families in the Empire.

Ah, but they never say "In the Empire"... :D

So, all my characters are headcanoned as being from Corellia until I find a planet I like better :p

Yeah no but having a sith pure blood will get you positive responses on korriban and it is the "canon" race for the warrior like a human is the "canon" for the Jedi Knight

But its your game your choice

What makes you say human is "canon" for the JK?

What makes you say that Sith Pureblood is "canon" for the Warrior for that matter?

It does on Corellia when a certain npc you are after says something like "At least my life will be ended by another pureblood". Not that it excludes all other races as non-canon. But everyone except human, pureblood and cyborg (which is just another human) make little sence story-wise. Overseer Tremel keeps talking about how your opponent on Korriban is a "mixed blood" and a stain on the Sith order, and how you are different from him, and how only the purest should be allowed to become sith, blah-blah-blah. That mixed blood kid isn't even alien, and he is still treated like garbage. Why the heck would Tremel place an alien above him?

Vemrin looked completely human to me, but knowing the Sith Empire, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a DNA test done on him and found that he had an alien ancestor centuries ago or something. Hence Tremel's comments about him and how they basically treated him like filth. If they treat someone who probably only has 5% alien ancestry, then you can imagine how they'd treat an actual alien. The Sith warrior story is obviously about someone who is from a Sith nobility, so there is no doubt they would either be human or "pureblood". Also for the inquisitor story, I chose to play human as well, because at the end when your character becomes a member of the Dark Council, it's just hard to believe that people like Ravage or Mortis would accept an alien on the Council and ever promote him/her to that position. The only ones I can think of that would accept it are Darth Marr and Malgus. The others seem highly racist like typical Sith, and would go out of their minds if a "lowly and inferior" alien ascended to their rank. They seem to have enough of a problem with aliens being allowed to be Sith as it is, much less in such a high-ranking position.

Edited by galaxiesbeyond

Vemrin's problem was that he wasn't mixed blood. That he didn't have alien ancestry. Almost all Imperial humans had sith ancestry, but Vemrin wasn't an Imperial.

Well, actually Tremel said that Vemrin is "mixed blood", which is something that's taken to mean he has some non-human ancestry. Tremel also goes on to say that people like Vemrin are therefore an "invisible rot eating at the Empire"...I took this to mean that because Vemrin looks 100% human, you can't tell that he isn't like you would with someone who looked clearly looked alien. This racist mentality is that it slowly dilutes the "superior" race without anyone knowing since people like Vemrin can blend in easily with other humans and therefore a Sith would be likely to marry him, while she wouldn't marry someone who she could tell was alien just by looking at him.

This is the Sith Empire's way of thinking, and it reminds me of Nazi Germany and how they would have probably said something about someone who has Jewish ancestry but has blonde hair/blue eyes, etc. They feel it's a threat since they appear to be a member of the "master race", but they carry DNA that isn't and that DNA can spread...as terrible as this whole logic sounds, it just goes to show what the Empire is and how they feel about non-humans.

As for the "pureblood" Sith, or red Sith species, I don't really understand their inclusion in the game, and their status either. From what I understand, the Dark Jedi exiles that came to Korriban saw them as an inferior race and subjugated them, over time, they intermarried and had children with them to the point that now all "purebloods" have heavy human ancestry. Yet in the game, at times it makes it seem like having some of the "pureblood" ancestry is something to be proud of, while at the same time the game is constantly showing that the Empire is heavily humanocentric, and that the exalted master race are humans.

This is why Ashara says in a conversation how she doesn't understand why the Empire is so racist when the original Sith species they named themselves after weren't even human. There are also the quite racist lines that a warrior can say to the Sith apprentice in the Nar Shaddaa bonus series, or in the line that the inquistior can say to the female "pureblood" officer on Voss, where she remarks "I can't help but notice your complexion"...while it sounds better than what the warrior says "you make my skin crawl", it' still is still racist in a curious sort of way like seeing someone and saying "wow, you look odd, don't you, I've never seen one like you", basically that "exotic other" trope.

You've misidentified what the master race is in the Empire. It's not humans. It's sith. Humans are only elevated above the other races because imperial humans have sith heritage. The more "sith blood" you have the better.

So when they talk about "purity" they don't actually mean it. Vemrin, who was indicated to have come from Balmorra, would have almost certainly had no sith ancestry.

Edited by Senrie

You've misidentified what the master race is in the Empire. It's not humans. It's sith. Humans are only elevated above the other races because imperial humans have sith heritage. The more "sith blood" you have the better.

So when they talk about "purity" they don't actually mean it. Vemrin, who was indicated to have come from Balmorra, would have almost certainly had no sith ancestry.

See, the game does make it seem like humans are the master race, but at the same time it also places red Sith species at the top of hierarchy as well...it doesn't seem consistent, as humans are clearly seen as the superior species, and I even went back and watched a video of early states of warrior story where Tremel talks about Vemrin, and he definitely says "he is mixed blood", which can only mean that he's not fully human, and if he is from Balmorra, makes sense since there are a lot of aliens who've lived on Balmorra for many generations. Lots of humans from there would have at least one or two alien ancestors. I personally find it confusing what they did with the "pureblood" species in this game. It is clear that the current race of "purebloods" all have heavy human ancestry, as the original species that lived on Korriban was less humanoid looking. It's also clear that Ajunta Pall and the other dark Jedi exiles subjugated and enslaved the race because they thought them to primitive. Then over time, it seems like the hybrid descendants gained a good status within the Empire. There are times when they make it seem like it's a great thing to have some of their ancestry, like that quest some guy at the Korriban Academy sends you on to scan other Sith lords. But at every turn, humans in the Empire constantly put down non-humans, and talk about how humans are the master race. If you play as "pureblood" character, which my first warrior was, no mention is made about his race, and there was absolutely no difference between playing him and playing a human in the Empire.

See, the game does make it seem like humans are the master race, but at the same time it also places red Sith species at the top of hierarchy as well...it doesn't seem consistent.

It's a bit confusing for sure, but something like 99% of Empire humans have some Sith ancestry. Not enough to have any visible signs of it, but it could manifest if two humans with enough of the right genes mate. And it also means it's less distasteful for "true Sith" to take a human as a mate. Which means Empire Humans are almost as good as the remaining red-skinned Sith, and at the same time probably means that today they see other humans as almost as good as them. Not because of Sith blood but at least they could breed with Sith, and most of them are at least "pure humans". And the so-called Sith purebloods are becoming increasingly rare.

Maybe a bit like if the Nazis had found a remnant population of "true Aryans"... They'd be the real master race, but due to their rarity the loyal Nazis would take up their mantle and try to live up to their heritage. And the German Nazis too saw people with the right looks as better than others - blonde and blue-eyed Swedes, Danes, Norse, Dutch were seen as far superior to most other europeans because at least they often looked like what the party wanted.

Let me be more clear about purity: it's not that they're lying about wanting purity, it's that their notion of purity is both biased(the minimum threshold conveniently includes them) and geared in another direction. That direction being sith. What mixed blood actually means is that the "sith blood" is getting mixed with non-sith blood and and becoming diluted.

The status of purebloods is elite and exalted. You hear imperial humans talk of aliens as lesser and think they're including sith too, because to us they're aliens. But as far as they're concerned they're sith themselves, or as close as it gets. At least until a pureblood comes along. Or something even more pure than a pureblood:

Quinn: There are carvings of the Massassi in the Heritage Museum in Kaas City. Their savagery is great, but their blood is far purer than mine.

After the Exiles subjugated the sith they also came to respect their power and culture. That's why they bred with them. And the Exiles were few in number, humans or the hybrids didn't overtake the sith population until later. As recently as 300 years ago humans were still a minority on the Dark Council.

Edited by Senrie

It's a bit confusing for sure, but something like 99% of Empire humans have some Sith ancestry. Not enough to have any visible signs of it, but it could manifest if two humans with enough of the right genes mate.

97.5% of all Imperials have Sith ancestry is what our lord and savior HK-47 tells us.

Funnily enough, in a quest on Korriban you scan overseers for their Sith ancestry and only 1 of 4 has it.

Edited by Darkelefantos

It wasn't that only one of four had sith blood, it was that only one overseer had "red marks". Not of the four, either, since none of them did. He was talking about the whole of the Academy so I think you're supposed to conclude all of them were scanned, you just had to do four for the quest objective. There is only one pureblood overseer at the Academy.

He did say there was little sith blood among them, though. But little isn't none.

Edited by Senrie

Also for the inquisitor story, I chose to play human as well, because at the end when your character becomes a member of the Dark Council, it's just hard to believe that people like Ravage or Mortis would accept an alien on the Council and ever promote him/her to that position.

Well, in 'Annihilation' they do promote an alien, Darth Karrid, but it takes a great deal of pressure, nothing like what you see in the SI's ending (where Mortis offers you a position without any hesitation).

Mortis(and the rest of them) approved of Karrid after she bested her rival. Same as with the Inquisitor.

Unlike with Gravus, though, Thanaton was a Dark Council member. Mortis wasn't offering the Inquisitor the seat. By defeating Thanaton it was already theirs by right.

Hadra was killed by the Republic which is why her position wasn't inherited and had to be appointed. I guess she had no worthy apprentices either.

Edited by Senrie