The constant mentioning of Autism in PVP

EmanoWanga

Nothing random about it. If you're pvping to a minimal extent

... which I've also seen as "not playing at top-10 ranked level in a warzone."

(aka not afk, calling out when defending, and at least somewhat playing objectives) then you're fine.

You think when I call out

"Call out" is... vague.

I've seen "Call incoming"

I've seen "Call incoming or we lose"

I've seen "Kill yourself."

M****ode for going afk for the umpteenth time, it's me thinking I have a safe space? When she replies that I'm famous for never playing objectives (I almost always have the top 1 or 2 objective points) and says I'm only in it for the kills (literally, while I'm defending nodes in tank gear) that I'm feeling safe?

You're obviously feeling safe enough to say something.

If you're being intentionally nasty, you're feeling too safe.

Calling out these people is ugly, because it's always a toxic response. That's because they're already behaving with a high degree of toxicity.

And... a complete failure to understand why they're not bothering.

The simplest explanations for why people AFK in these supposedly competitive places are:

They want the mission rewards, but have learned that actually trying to play in this competitive place isn't fun. Trash-talking these just makes it less fun.

They're bots.

They're trolls, and are laughing at you because you took the lowest of low-effort bait.

Nothing about calling out bad behavior in pvp is safe. I accept that. Why is it that I can deal with that, but a fragile snowflake gets offended at the one thing that offends them and it's an issue. There should be a short list of words that are always interpreted as genuinely hurtful, and those can be forbidden. Autism shouldn't be on that list.

There are two groups of people in this thread: those who understand that it's become a lazy slur at the expense of people with actual autism, and those who haven't yet figured it out. Protip: you look smarter as part of the first group.

Cultures are difficult to manipulate/change by a single individual, group, or even a generation. Cultures have momentum, and you're either working within that, or you're wasting your time. Gaming culture is exactly the same way. Accept it or don't play team games on the internet.

There are multiple "gaming cultures." The loudest are the do-u-even-lift-bro crowd and stereotypical neckbearded nerds. If they actually were the Gaming Culture, PvP would be a lot more active and BW wouldn't have to bribe people with mats to get them to even touch ranked, or the game would be totally dead. The stench of their BO is strong enough you can smell it over an Internet connection after a while.

You're going to get trash talk if you're really really bad. You're going to get trash talk if you're really really good. You'll also get trash talk, from me, when I catch you afking, or not calling out when your node gets attacked. If you can't deal with that, put me on ignore.

Awww, look at the cute little egotistical leet PvPer, thinking I'm supposed to care what he thinks about how I play <3

In the words of the typical premade apologist, it's not my job to make sure you're having fun. It's my job to make sure I'm having fun.

Just be aware everyone in ops chat is going to know about it.

Your plan for causing a person who doesn't care about a match to care about a match is... public shaming?

It's a good thing you've been doing this the whole time, because you've single-handedly saved PvP! Owait...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason there are two separate arguments here:

1. No one denies bad language is bad but nothing should be enforced because the suffering site should grow a backbone. [This is what I was mostly responding to, at least recently]

2. Bad language and all forms of toxicity in general are a logical and normal response to (intended or unintended) bad performance in PVP.

I don't even see why is number #2 being discussed. Let's stay true to ourselves here: There is no kind of badly-performing player (troll / noob / bot / whatever) who will take toxic/angry feedback and improve his gameplay who wouldn't take non-toxic calm objective feedback and improve his gameplay just as well. Every bad player falls in either of the categories: the ones who don't care to play well or don't care to win, who will ignore any kind of feedback and never improve their way, or the ones who want to win and try to win but simply aren't good enough, in which case, any feedback which includes helpful tips and not only random profanity will help them improve. Some of the 2nd group might get mad at toxic feedback and temporarily switch to the first group, but there is simply no sense in thinking that a nice constructive feedback will ever have less success than an offensive constructive feedback (and most offensive feedback is so passionate that it leaves no room for any constructive element anyway).

That is all there is to number 2. There simply exists no scenario that benefits from toxicity that wouldn't benefit the same or better without it.

About the "I will spread bad word about them in the group" part: unless they are doing something reportable, there is no benefit in making someone's badness a public topic (if it IS reportable like hacking or explicitly wintrading, by all means carefully spread the word to increase the number of reports). You only risk them reporting the chat and getting the most active participants squelched. Nothing will change simply due to the fact that more people talk toxic about them.

want to know irony?

when you become an adult you learn how singling out people and purposely attacking them emotionaly with insults is antisocial aka poor social skills.

the most common refrence of the insult "you are autistic" is refrence to aspergers, which is defined in most cases as the highest functioning form of autism however suffers from poor social skills.

you purposely use poor social skill to call someone else someone with poor social skills. the IRONY

want to know irony?

when you become an adult you learn how singling out people and purposely attacking them emotionaly with insults is antisocial aka poor social skills.

the most common refrence of the insult "you are autistic" is refrence to aspergers, which is defined in most cases as the highest functioning form of autism however suffers from poor social skills.

you purposely use poor social skill to call someone else someone with poor social skills. the IRONY

You don't understand: the insult is that autists have poor social skills because of things outside of their control, while the insulters are superior because they willingly ignore their supposedly fully functional social skills and choose to act anti-socially. In other words: Being an autist is an insult because unlike the insulters, the autist's situation is NOT his fault. OHHHH waaaaiit... :rolleyes:

are you sure they have willing control over being anti social? think about it... think hard.. Im sure youll get it.

Not really, but I am sure THEY believe so. If they considered themselves as people with any kind of "anti-social skills" they wouldn't use it as an insult against others.

For some reason there are two separate arguments here:

1. No one denies bad language is bad but nothing should be enforced because the suffering site should grow a backbone. [This is what I was mostly responding to, at least recently]

2. Bad language and all forms of toxicity in general are a logical and normal response to (intended or unintended) bad performance in PVP.

I don't even see why is number #2 being discussed. Let's stay true to ourselves here: There is no kind of badly-performing player (troll / noob / bot / whatever) who will take toxic/angry feedback and improve his gameplay who wouldn't take non-toxic calm objective feedback and improve his gameplay just as well. Every bad player falls in either of the categories: the ones who don't care to play well or don't care to win, who will ignore any kind of feedback and never improve their way, or the ones who want to win and try to win but simply aren't good enough, in which case, any feedback which includes helpful tips and not only random profanity will help them improve. Some of the 2nd group might get mad at toxic feedback and temporarily switch to the first group, but there is simply no sense in thinking that a nice constructive feedback will ever have less success than an offensive constructive feedback (and most offensive feedback is so passionate that it leaves no room for any constructive element anyway).

That is all there is to number 2. There simply exists no scenario that benefits from toxicity that wouldn't benefit the same or better without it.

About the "I will spread bad word about them in the group" part: unless they are doing something reportable, there is no benefit in making someone's badness a public topic (if it IS reportable like hacking or explicitly wintrading, by all means carefully spread the word to increase the number of reports). You only risk them reporting the chat and getting the most active participants squelched. Nothing will change simply due to the fact that more people talk toxic about them.

Dale Carnegie once wrote that no one in the history of the world has won an argument. That's a human truth, and won't change anytime soon. As soon as you confront them, they get defensive.

So what's the point of arguing on a forum? So that anyone else reading the posts can see the arguments and make up their own mind.

Take that logic and apply it to me calling out people who are sabotaging out WZ team. I'm not doing it to convince them to be a respectful person or pvper. I'm not trying to "fix" them. I'm showing everyone else that things get ugly when you intentionally throw a game.

All of this starts with a simple "Vote kick X, they're afk under mid". How do you think it gets toxic from there?

Like I said earlier, as long as you're not afk, and callout when you're defending, and even slightly play objectives, you're fine. Clearly you interpret that as "You're not leet so were're going to bully you" . But if you see someone constantly throwing games, and you don't say anything, I'd say you're a part of the problem why pvp and swtor in general isn't as popular or as fun as it could be.

Oh, and the afker I used as an example from earlier? Hasn't popped up once on my friends list once since I did the ops chat shaming.

So no, you're wrong. Your #2 issue fails to consider the wider implications of a gaming culture that enforces a tiny mote of responsibility for team activities.

Dale Carnegie once wrote that no one in the history of the world has won an argument. That's a human truth, and won't change anytime soon. As soon as you confront them, they get defensive.

So what's the point of arguing on a forum? So that anyone else reading the posts can see the arguments and make up their own mind.

Take that logic and apply it to me calling out people who are sabotaging out WZ team. I'm not doing it to convince them to be a respectful person or pvper. I'm not trying to "fix" them. I'm showing everyone else that things get ugly when you intentionally throw a game.

All of this starts with a simple "Vote kick X, they're afk under mid". How do you think it gets toxic from there?

Like I said earlier, as long as you're not afk, and callout when you're defending, and even slightly play objectives, you're fine. Clearly you interpret that as "You're not leet so were're going to bully you" . But if you see someone constantly throwing games, and you don't say anything, I'd say you're a part of the problem why pvp and swtor in general isn't as popular or as fun as it could be.

Oh, and the afker I used as an example from earlier? Hasn't popped up once on my friends list once since I did the ops chat shaming.

So no, you're wrong. Your #2 issue fails to consider the wider implications of a gaming culture that enforces a tiny mote of responsibility for team activities.

I never said to stay quiet about intentional throwers. I think this phenomenon is cancer and the main problem in all PVP. Calling them out and raising awareness of them to make it hard for them to keep playing without constant kicks and reports is exactly what you should keep doing to get rid of them.

Also in the cases that they aren't throwers but are simply bads or DPS farmers who don't call inc before they die (and are sometimes to ashamed to call after). You should let the, be aware that they can and should do better.

What I am talking about is the form of your calls. You can say, as you said: "vote kick X, they are afk", which is totally fine, and you can say "kick X, this <profanity><mental condition><reproductive organ> is afk", which isn't fine. I don't think most sane people start from this low level but, as you said for some reason it "gets toxic from there", and it shouldn't.

I said the following about the person himself receiving feedback but it is also true about the other teammates getting aware of him: Everyone who would regard and act upon a toxic "attention: this guy is ruining our game" will regard and act upon this kind of message even when it is not toxic. When toxicity is added to the equation, you only risk some "chat sensitives" to side with him against you or try to "calm you down" because you are toxic.

I had this warzone not long ago. Someone was AFK in the corner stealthy, and a team member of mine noticed it before I did, so he called him out very toxically (it involved death wishes and some bad words that are used to insult dark skinned people). I was deep in combat so I didn't have time to chat myself at the exact time it happened, but among the few who did respond, only one more joined in calling out against the AFKer's while the rest was "chill dude, it just a game", "death wishes are off limits" and counter-profanity from an actual dark-skinned player who really didn't appreciate the N word. It ended quite fast because the guy who called the AFKer out quit the match. At this point it just didn't feel right to call the AFKer out properly, so he just stayed there till the end. In the end, I reported both him (as I report any AFKer) and the one who called him out with profanity. Only the caller got banned so far.

So fine, I was mistaken in understanding you. You didn't mean you call to correct the ones being called, you meant you call to make the rest of the group notice. I still don't see how does using swears and profanity make it more effective. I CAN see it can be counterproductive...

I don't think everyone would start a whole thread complaining about people who objectively complain about others who ruin games, do you? ;)

I never said to stay quiet about intentional throwers. I think this phenomenon is cancer and the main problem in all PVP. Calling them out and raising awareness of them to make it hard for them to keep playing without constant kicks and reports is exactly what you should keep doing to get rid of them.

Also in the cases that they aren't throwers but are simply bads or DPS farmers who don't call inc before they die (and are sometimes to ashamed to call after). You should let the, be aware that they can and should do better.

What I am talking about is the form of your calls. You can say, as you said: "vote kick X, they are afk", which is totally fine, and you can say "kick X, this <profanity><mental condition><reproductive organ> is afk", which isn't fine. I don't think most sane people start from this low level but, as you said for some reason it "gets toxic from there", and it shouldn't.

I said the following about the person himself receiving feedback but it is also true about the other teammates getting aware of him: Everyone who would regard and act upon a toxic "attention: this guy is ruining our game" will regard and act upon this kind of message even when it is not toxic. When toxicity is added to the equation, you only risk some "chat sensitives" to side with him against you or try to "calm you down" because you are toxic.

I had this warzone not long ago. Someone was AFK in the corner stealthy, and a team member of mine noticed it before I did, so he called him out very toxically (it involved death wishes and some bad words that are used to insult dark skinned people). I was deep in combat so I didn't have time to chat myself at the exact time it happened, but among the few who did respond, only one more joined in calling out against the AFKer's while the rest was "chill dude, it just a game", "death wishes are off limits" and counter-profanity from an actual dark-skinned player who really didn't appreciate the N word. It ended quite fast because the guy who called the AFKer out quit the match. At this point it just didn't feel right to call the AFKer out properly, so he just stayed there till the end. In the end, I reported both him (as I report any AFKer) and the one who called him out with profanity. Only the caller got banned so far.

So fine, I was mistaken in understanding you. You didn't mean you call to correct the ones being called, you meant you call to make the rest of the group notice. I still don't see how does using swears and profanity make it more effective. I CAN see it can be counterproductive...

I don't think everyone would start a whole thread complaining about people who objectively complain about others who ruin games, do you? ;)

I'd first state that positive reinforcement is useless in encouraging people who afk/throw games to behave better. Even with the best intentions, positive reinforcement at best comes off as sarcastic in that context, and at worst (and closer to the truth) you're just proving to them you're willing to put up with it.

That leaves negative reinforcement. You show a negative outcome as a result of their behavior, in the hopes that other people (and maybe even the afker/thrower) avoid that outcome in the future.

This isn't really about "letting the group know the current situation" as much as it is creating a culture that doesn't tolerate the situation to begin with. You jump down that rabbit hole, and you drag the afker/thrower with you, and you turn a quiet, ugly situation into a loud and ugly situation. Things should get heated, and messy, and a bit personal. That's the point.

The first time I heard an autism joke in swtor pvp was maybe 4 years ago. It was in NC, and the person guarding east lost the node, with no call outs. He lost it in a 1v1. When someone in chat asked him "why didn't you call out?" his response was "I was stunned". In then became a joke in ops chat that stuns disabled keyboards, and getting stunned in the game gets you stunned in real life. But the defender, the guy who had lost us the game, kept giving excuses, and finally someone said "The autism is strong with this one".

I have a personal, lifetime experience with autism. Additionally, my first job out of college was a temp position at a middle school helping special needs kids keep up in their integrated classes. Despite this, I laughed out loud and spilled my coke when I heard that joke. I know a lot of special needs individuals who would of thought that joke was funny too. The joke fit perfectly in the situation, in it's context to its subtext.

Autism as an insult seems to matter a lot more to white knights and SJWs then actual people with actual autism. When I was in high school, the art wing and the special needs wing of the school shared the same hallway. I have never heard as many "r-bombs" in my life as I did in that hallway, and it wasn't from the art students. Those special needs kids had normalized it into a mild insult you tease your friends with.

They don't need you "defending" them on the internet, because this didn't actually involve them until someone white knighted and then made it about them. They weren't "victims" until someone decided to be offended for them.

So what does that have to do with insulting people in pvp? I want the list of "forbidden" words to be extremely short, because any word added to "the list" devalues the list. If it's ten words, that's pretty ironclad and enforceable. If it's a thousand words, it's meaningless and unenforceable.

Even if I agreed that autism is a disease, (and I don't) can it and every other genetic condition that can be shaped into an insult, be added to "the list"?

No.

The OP doesn't like autism as an insult because the OP feels that their life is negatively impacted by their autistic child. That's it. It's not about morals, it's not about equality, it's about a personal trigger an individual has, and this individual doesn't even have autism.

I personally like to push the buttons of the afkers/throwers without swearing or petty insults, but I don't want to restrict other people. If they're trying to construct that "negative outcome" then I think it's best that both sides know that they are not immune to some pretty ugly language. As long as that short list of forbidden words isn't opened, the rest should be fair game.

It's the potential of how ugly the situation can get that prevents the situation in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, but the servers are down, so meh.

Im going to put this out here, regardless of what I think of severiths approach on skank tanks.

I have autism, I've had it for all 28 years of my life. Tbh, I was never ashamed of it, my particular type is called aspergers which means my socials skills were learned through trial and error instead of observation. Would my life have been easier with friends in my childhood? Probably, but I gained a large empathy for others and my exp with bullies and my own lack of social skills has given me a wide array of tools and methods for helping others as an adult. I could not have done what I do without my autism, and for me, after 28 year of autistic, it was never more than something to overcome and grow better.

It is not an insult, it is a term of "you are acting stupid right now"

Im going to put this out here, regardless of what I think of severiths approach on skank tanks.

I have autism, I've had it for all 28 years of my life. Tbh, I was never ashamed of it, my particular type is called aspergers which means my socials skills were learned through trial and error instead of observation. Would my life have been easier with friends in my childhood? Probably, but I gained a large empathy for others and my exp with bullies and my own lack of social skills has given me a wide array of tools and methods for helping others as an adult. I could not have done what I do without my autism, and for me, after 28 year of autistic, it was never more than something to overcome and grow better.

It is not an insult, it is a term of "you are acting stupid right now"

I've got a fireplace in my bedroom. On the mantle is all the personal and professional awards I've earned. I've got the floor plan of a cathedral I drew by hand, from when I was in high school. My degrees. Poetry contest awards from when I was in college. None of these things are participation awards. They're awards for being better than other people, for having talents they don't have. Wish I could say more, but I don't want to dox myself.

I honestly doubt if I'd have half of those things if I were "normal". If you offered me a cure, I'd decline. It's literally a huge part of who I am, and how I function as a person. It's not always been easy, and people will as often misread you as much as you misread them, but it's worth being proud of.

Glad you posted. You know I don't hold grudges from thread to thread, right? We can just dislike each other in the skank tank ones, if that works for you.

And to be frank, I am very happy I don't. I pity those who have to constantly tolerate that attitude. Your kind is exactly what thiis thread is all about.

Just for example, your current sig:

Offensive Superstar, Richer than you, PvP Regs Superstar, Ranked PvP Lover, PvE God (If I feel like it), Pro dabber, 40k PvP Crit hit for Madness/Lightning class. And Kinda hard to kill because me and my friends hit a lot harder than you.

Is probably the greatest concentration of arrogance, conceit, taking pride in things you either never earned or don't mean anything (such as the big crit. Every idiot with a calculator can reach this number if he gears wrongly with 0 alacrity) in a few sentences.

Good thing your existence (at least in this form) is currently restricted to the internet... So, I won't bother saying "no offense" but your kind is exactly what people here want to see moderated out of the in-game chat.

You just stay In your lane because you can’t beat me in game that’s for sure but Incase you want to try come see me in my server I’m not that hard to find and people in my server who PvP all know me. Bring friends do a challenge let’s put credits on it to make it worth while in fact that’s to anyone here with that problem.

Edited by dabbinwax

You just stay In your lane because you can’t beat me in game that’s for sure but Incase you want to try come see me in my server I’m not that hard to find and people in my server who PvP all know me. Bring friends do a challenge let’s put credits on it to make it worth while in fact that’s to anyone here with that problem.

It's a common mistake these days. "Let's settle this like men" means to most people "let's settle these like primitive apes and fight". I am not gonna spend a single CC to move over just to make a point.

In addition, you fail to understand your failure as a human being (being as toxic and self-important as you are), which is the cause of the topic of this thread (=bad language and behavior) is not at all compensated by your in-game skills, even if you do have such.

But by all means, keep telling everyone how better you are and how terrible they are if this is the only way to stabilize your self-image.

P.S: We never tested who is better in the game, but you may wish to improve a bit when it comes to the thing that is called "punctuation" if you ever want to compete with literally anyone else here. This competition does not require server transfer :D

Edited by Rafiknoll

I'd first state that positive reinforcement is useless in encouraging people who afk/throw games to behave better. Even with the best intentions, positive reinforcement at best comes off as sarcastic in that context, and at worst (and closer to the truth) you're just proving to them you're willing to put up with it.

That leaves negative reinforcement. You show a negative outcome as a result of their behavior, in the hopes that other people (and maybe even the afker/thrower) avoid that outcome in the future.

This isn't really about "letting the group know the current situation" as much as it is creating a culture that doesn't tolerate the situation to begin with. You jump down that rabbit hole, and you drag the afker/thrower with you, and you turn a quiet, ugly situation into a loud and ugly situation. Things should get heated, and messy, and a bit personal. That's the point.

The first time I heard an autism joke in swtor pvp was maybe 4 years ago. It was in NC, and the person guarding east lost the node, with no call outs. He lost it in a 1v1. When someone in chat asked him "why didn't you call out?" his response was "I was stunned". In then became a joke in ops chat that stuns disabled keyboards, and getting stunned in the game gets you stunned in real life. But the defender, the guy who had lost us the game, kept giving excuses, and finally someone said "The autism is strong with this one".

I have a personal, lifetime experience with autism. Additionally, my first job out of college was a temp position at a middle school helping special needs kids keep up in their integrated classes. Despite this, I laughed out loud and spilled my coke when I heard that joke. I know a lot of special needs individuals who would of thought that joke was funny too. The joke fit perfectly in the situation, in it's context to its subtext.

Autism as an insult seems to matter a lot more to white knights and SJWs then actual people with actual autism. When I was in high school, the art wing and the special needs wing of the school shared the same hallway. I have never heard as many "r-bombs" in my life as I did in that hallway, and it wasn't from the art students. Those special needs kids had normalized it into a mild insult you tease your friends with.

They don't need you "defending" them on the internet, because this didn't actually involve them until someone white knighted and then made it about them. They weren't "victims" until someone decided to be offended for them.

So what does that have to do with insulting people in pvp? I want the list of "forbidden" words to be extremely short, because any word added to "the list" devalues the list. If it's ten words, that's pretty ironclad and enforceable. If it's a thousand words, it's meaningless and unenforceable.

Even if I agreed that autism is a disease, (and I don't) can it and every other genetic condition that can be shaped into an insult, be added to "the list"?

No.

The OP doesn't like autism as an insult because the OP feels that their life is negatively impacted by their autistic child. That's it. It's not about morals, it's not about equality, it's about a personal trigger an individual has, and this individual doesn't even have autism.

I personally like to push the buttons of the afkers/throwers without swearing or petty insults, but I don't want to restrict other people. If they're trying to construct that "negative outcome" then I think it's best that both sides know that they are not immune to some pretty ugly language. As long as that short list of forbidden words isn't opened, the rest should be fair game.

It's the potential of how ugly the situation can get that prevents the situation in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, but the servers are down, so meh.

There are 2 subject here mainly (correct me if I am wrong):

1. Is using toxicity / insults a good way to keep PVPers in line in terms of not ruining matches.

2. Which insults should be considered "beyond the line" and which not.

About the 2nd topic, it is a matter of perspective. I agree that making a too long list of bad words will devalue it, but think a general rule of "do not use any title that a group of people might identify themselves with" could work. This included races, genders and conditions. This does not include "imbecile, moron" or even "motherfu.cker" because no one identifies himself as such and can be offended because it is used as an insult (Unlike "autist", "jew", "N" etc.)

My point there is, it is not how terrible is the word that is said, and I don't really mind what people call their target. My concern is about people ("bystanders") who aren't the target and are offended because their group's name is used as an insult. They have done nothing to deserve any offense, after all.

Specifically, in this case, I care less about an autist who doesn't care about being one, or a non-autist being called "Autist", than I care about the other autists who do feel bad about their conditions and might see the message. [say whatever you want in /whisper. The red line there is absolutely further away]

By the way, it is very mature of those who belong to a certain group to take no offense when it is used as an insult, but it still is very normal (and not to childish) to take offense from such things. This is why I think that despite mature people like Setarade who are "immune" to these things, it still is sensible to protect those who aren't.

About the first topic, I see where you are coming from and it IS an effective deterrent against people who would ruining matches "casually" (not for the sake of trolling and annoying, but for laziness maybe). It will demotivate such people effectively when they see how bad things escalate if they do that.

However, it actually encourages those who do it for the sake of annoying and angering. The number 1 troll killer is lack of attention. Since we can't have it here in a match because he keeps impacting our team negatively, the next best deterrent is if the entire team keeps it nonchalant "let's kick and report him" and express no further anger than merely stating the fact that he is a pest. If anger is expressed than his goal is achieved, and in his twisted way (every troll is somewhat twisted) he enjoys it, especially as I mentioned that sometimes people side with him simply because the offense go too far to their taste, such as when death wishes or racist comment start piling.

Now the question is which group of game ruiners is bigger. My experience is that the troll group is bigger, so I support the calm reaction. If you experience is different, I can see where you are coming from.

[ideally, the best way to is to try and evaluate what kind of ruiner is it and respond in the most effective tone accordingly. But this is quite hard to do during the match if you still want a chance to win. Also, you can't decide the tone of the whole group, only your own]

/popcorn

the salt is strong in the force.

I was hoping this is a good show. I am demonstrating how to use salt without offending any self-recognizing group :D

(Except for "number farmers", because I actually do think being members of this group is a problematic feature :p)

The real irony is that this is the most popular thread in the pvp section.

And the forum pvp here is better than the in game pvp.

rofl. ^

Honestly, it's not complicated. You got people who can interact respectfully with anonymity, and you got people that cannot.

The reasons some fail or interact poorly with others with the cloak of anonymity on SWTOR fall within an immense list of reasons why.

Whether they use "autism" as an insult or any other derogatory word, it is all the same though. It's written by someone that simply is incapable of operating in a system of communication with total anonymity respectfully.

For me I have never read one insult that was written on the internet by someone unknown to me that stirred my emotions up. I refuse to give that kind of power to some unknown person who aims to anger or upset me.

For people incapable of handling such stuff, they offer ignore and a petition on most games to stop trolls that enjoy causing other discomfort so just use those tools if you need to.

I’ve been here already killed you you’re not even that good

1. I am not even going to try to guess where were the commas supposed to be here. Too many options. Maybe install some auto-spelling add-on?

2. interesting, I respond to your invite to fight with an invite to fight and you are suddenly being evasive. We have a word for people like you. It’s called “female puppies”. [Female readers, don't take this seriously, it's a reference. Look at the previous posts]

3. Let's assume you did kill me (and I don't. See number 4): far as I care I was luring you and all your friends away from the node so we can win the match, and even during my death I was thinking "hehe, stupid enemies. I can't believe this simple trick worked on so many". You are so unfit for objective mindset so I will tell you: If my death serves the victory of the team, I will let this happen. You should do the same if you realize the realized the real goal in the game.

4. You killed me, eh? Humor us all and do tell me what is my legacy name, character name, and the class I was playing, and also when, please. Even better, post a video as proof if you have one. Ignoring this request will expose you as the lying kid that you are being now...

5. You literally (the real meaning of "literally") ignored everything I said for the lack of a good response, didn't you? Too bad I am able to respond to what you say AND say new things in the same post. A very useful skill for any human conversation ;)

Edited by Rafiknoll

• 2 years later...