Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!

CourtneyWoods

I pre-ordered and got 100 cartel coins when it went free. Only reason I know is because the day before I noticed I needed 1 cartel coin to buy speeder level 2. I was going to wait for the stipend but even that seemed to have come about 5 days early.

A positive spin on this development is that they actually seem to want subs now. Maybe, just maybe, it will lead to good things.

Unless they need the subs or they have to close the game which makes me glad I am on my last character storyline just in case.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered and got 100 cartel coins when it went free. Only reason I know is because the day before I noticed I needed 1 cartel coin to buy speeder level 2. I was going to wait for the stipend but even that seemed to have come about 5 days early.

Unless they need the subs or they have to close the game which makes me glad I am on my last character storyline just in case.

Yes, they need the subs or they have to close the game. That's how it is for every MMO and how it will be for every MMO forever. Subs pay for the game.

The 1050 CC was not a bonus, it was a store credit refund for last 30 day purchasers..

This 500 just for reactivation makes ZERO sense. Well, yes, it's an INCENTIVE for old subs, but it's also a bit like saying "You shoulda gone f2p and came back now instead of subbing all the time." Weird. So it's very understandable for old subs to be invited back, but...

I mean, does it make any sense for the current subscribers? Hell no.

I subbed since launch for god's sake, and so far, only bonus I've seen is an extra 30 days they granted back in Feb 2012 or something. Aside from that, it's been "shaft the subber, stroke the freebie" all the way.

Would I unsub? No, coz I love this game and it's currently best all around MMO on the market, but sure as hell not happy to get whipped all the time.

Bioware's dear community managers, take notice of this fact:

We of those who supported and understood the 1050 CC refund and old buyers of RotHC not getting anything, ARE getting angry over this.

That should show your marketing department that this latest 500 bonus to resubbing players is a BAD BAD move.

Real bad. Like, totally, really bad.

This is about how I feel about this. Once you piss off enough of your long term players, they will leave though, and then where will we be.

Thanks for Title though I guess. :(

Edited by Xedis

Great commercial, trying to reel in new subscribers (non gamers) by using a Live commercial is smart marketing. Worked for the COD franchise.

For anyone upset about the free xpac with a new subscription is just silly. The xpac is 6 months old was only $9.99 for suscribers and does not feature enough content to warrant more than the initial cost amount. Let alone being free now. Also could it be that they are ramping up for a new mini xpac or full blown xpac in the future hence the marketing to get subscribers. The game will not die at least not until they have milked every last dollar out of it. Worse MMOs have survived and are still alive to date. This game will be around at least until another Star Wars MMO comes about.

Why would you? Seriously?

If you pre-ordered RotHC you got a Markrin Seedling pet, a Scourge of the Hutts title, a Dr Oggrurobb statue so you can train your skills anywhere you like, all on every character you make now and in the future.

I didn't preorder and got these items. Pre-order only got you early access.

Why not? They own the copyright. :D

My granddaughter does the same thing. She makes a drawing.. then prints copies.. then uses crayons to skin the finished version of her art. :) Clever. Patrick Nagel does it with his lithos of his original art too. Nagel is clever too. :D

So are you saying the devs at BioWare are at the same level of creativity and design as a child? Sounds accurate to me.

Awesome trailer!

And as for everyone else, quit complaining? The discussion forums alone are worth 8.99 a month. :p

So your complaining about everyone complaining?The forums worth 8.99 a month?Ok...this is where I back away slowly...:eek::eek::eek:If is to you more power to you.It isn't to me.That said getting to craft 156 gear is.Also the 140 for comms.

So for being a loyal subscriber I get:

No Cartel Coins for my pre purchase of RoTHC

No Bonus coins that returning subs are getting.

Unclear if we get the pet/speeder?

Ok, so you would think they would want to keep their subscribers happy but they are doing the same thing SOE did with Starwas Galaxies. Alienating their current player base in hopes of attracting a new source of income from players who already left the game because they didn't want to pay for it in the first place?

Reality of this situation is almost laughable. Players pay 15$ to come back and sub for a month and then let it lapse again because they only did it for the fluff. While the alienated loyal customers are now seeing the benefit for only subscribing when the fluff happens.

I don't know who your marketing genius's are, but I would 'advise' them to give any of the fluff gifts you are giving to returning players to your loyal subscribers, because the lack of interest you show in your loyal subscribers is disturbing.

Yes I enjoy the content updates (when they happen) no, I do not benefit from your gambling packs, Yes I enjoy the bug fixes.

However all of your fluff subscribers are getting what I am getting, only they stop paying for it one month later.

Edited by yoshua

So, we payed for the expansion, something that's given for free now and all we get is a title? is this a joke? How does this make sense?

I don't know who comes up with these things but that person doesn't understand how to maintain their costumer base happy. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice or insult your current subscribers who have proven to be loyal, just to take a chance on gaining some new players, who you don't know if they'll stick around like we subs do.

it's surprising that a company like Bioware/EA employs people who are this clueless. When you give away an expansion for free and don't reward subs who had to pay for it, why would they buy the next expansion? why not wait until it's given away for free and then get it then?

If all you're going to give subs is a "title" which is meaningless and doesn't improve your experience of the game, it's better not to give us anything. it's insulting.

I'm embarrased to wear the title on my toon, makes me look like an idiot, a moron who payed money for the expansion instead of getting it for free.

Previous Subscribers: To qualify for the Previous Subscriber in-game item rewards, the JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet, the JA-3 Subversive Speeder, and 500 Bonus Cartel Coins, your subscription must have been continually inactive since June 14, 2013.*

What if someone's subscription expired AFTER June 14th. Lets say a player subscription expired September 6th and they decided to subscribe again during this promo event. Does this mean that they will be ineligible for the items simply because their subscription expiration date was just shy of June 14th? Surely I cannot be the only one facing such a predicament. I would very much appreciate some clarification on this, as I would hate to be screwed over simply because of barely missing the date.

Previous Subscribers: To qualify for the Previous Subscriber in-game item rewards, the JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet, the JA-3 Subversive Speeder, and 500 Bonus Cartel Coins, your subscription must have been continually inactive since June 14, 2013.*

What if someone's subscription expired AFTER June 14th. Lets say a player subscription expired September 6th and they decided to subscribe again during this promo event. Does this mean that they will be ineligible for the items simply because their subscription expiration date was just shy of June 14th? Surely I cannot be the only one facing such a predicament. I would very much appreciate some clarification on this, as I would hate to be screwed over simply because of barely missing the date.

Reading it over, it sounds like you would then fall into category 3, "Current Players" because, at least as I understand it, everybody who plays has a chance to get these items on October 20th, there is just different ways to do so.

I do think with all the different ways it's kind of confusing...

Oh and also it looks like nobody even gets the droid and speeder until October 20th.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

how they make it sound where i saw it. that you would get it when you signed back up. so i gotta wait till the 20th now to get it. well that sucks.

Yeah, it's confusing but if they did it the way you think that would me NEW and RETURNING subscribers would get it now, but those who have been subbed since the beginning would have to wait... which would be weird.

The Rewards (Title, Pet, Speeder, Etc.) will be provided On or Before September 25th. I missed that part at 1st too. Was expecting my rewards yesterday, but when i reread the add i noticed that part.

I got nothing but a title. When is the rest of it supposed to be delivered?

Oh, and the video was silly, and a waste of money to make.

Edited by Hambunctious

BW to the players:

~If you pre-odered you got 3 things nobody else in the game can get,

~If you sub up in the month prior to October 12 we'll give you 1000 CC for you're purchase of the RotTC,

~if you are in the group between those,SFTU

That's how I feel anyway.

The 500 CC for returning subs, active subs get that every month anyway.

Agreed! While the expansion is pretty cool selling it to us and then making it free for all and NOT granting the cartel coin bonus to ALL who purchased it is pretty much screwing over those of us who purchased it prior to August 11th. Yes IIRC those who preordered did get some credits as a preorder perk but the cartel coins should be another perk - an additional 1050 credits. Greedy you say? Not really, not when it's the subscribers and the ones who preorder that are supporting this game. I'm good with a F2P option, I'm good with the expansion being free as long as some love is being shown to those who subscribe. THAT should not be too much to ask.

By pre-ordering it, your $10 got you .. what ... half a year of playing it ahead of everyone waiting for it to go free? Wouldn't you pay $10 to play fresh content ahead of all your f2p friends? Well, I did. Even if they guaranteed every expansion would be free after six months, I would still be paying the $10 to play them six months ahead with everyone else. Now, if the expansions were $100 I might wait. If the "free" wait time was just a week, I'd wait. But it's just $10, and six months is a long time not enjoying something that's available.

I'm guessing there's a large number of f2p that just won't purchase the expansion, and EA/Bioware thinks this is the solution to them dropping out after they're bored at lvl 50. I am not a game designer / producer, so my opinion that it won't change anything might be completely wrong, and doesn't count. But I see no point complaining about your hurt feelings you didn't get the expansion for free, you get something extra when you bought it, either as a sub or f2p: Being able to play it sooner.

KB

By pre-ordering it, your $10 got you .. what ... half a year of playing it ahead of everyone waiting for it to go free? Wouldn't you pay $10 to play fresh content ahead of all your f2p friends? Well, I did. Even if they guaranteed every expansion would be free after six months, I would still be paying the $10 to play them six months ahead with everyone else. Now, if the expansions were $100 I might wait. If the "free" wait time was just a week, I'd wait. But it's just $10, and six months is a long time not enjoying something that's available.

I'm guessing there's a large number of f2p that just won't purchase the expansion, and EA/Bioware thinks this is the solution to them dropping out after they're bored at lvl 50. I am not a game designer / producer, so my opinion that it won't change anything might be completely wrong, and doesn't count. But I see no point complaining about your hurt feelings you didn't get the expansion for free, you get something extra when you bought it, either as a sub or f2p: Being able to play it sooner.

KB

I've given up on trying to explain it to them, Kenn. This and at least 3 other threads about it. The fact is, if Bioware gave them all the 1050 cartel coins, they'd just find something else to complain about. 1050 Cartel Coins? We don't want to buy your worthless pay to win crap...

If you pre-ordered RotHC you got a Markrin Seedling pet, a Scourge of the Hutts title, a Dr Oggrurobb statue so you can train your skills anywhere you like, all on every character you make now and in the future.

In addition you got early access to the content which you have been playing for the last six months.

Where do I get that stuff? I purchased the expansion and never received any of that. All I got was a title "The Risen" and a debit on my credit card. I haven't even gotten to the planet yet, since none of my characters are level 50 yet. How do I get the pet and the statue?