Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Weird... legacy name issue? (guild interface)

Aldaroshka

I don't even know what this is and where should I write about it. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but it gave me quite a spook.

So, my legacy name is Malkavian and I've never changed it. Today I log in, open my guild and what do I see? All of my characters have their legacy name displayed as some random crap like "Cetnik". First, I screamed like a banshee. Then, I started thinking. My account is protected with security key, so... probably not just some guy changing my legacy name, right? Then I noticed the character that was online at that moment still had his legacy name displayed as Malkavian. All of the currently offline - nah. I figured it's not possible to change legacy name for all characters except one poor fecker, so I stopped panicking and thought it could just be guild interface bug.

So, I logged out and loaded one of those characters who got affected... and well, that character became Malkavian once again. Everyone else, including the character who was previously fine, still have the wrong legacy name in the guild window. Except now it's not "Cetnik", it's "Shadowses".

The actual Legacy window is fine btw. "Display legacy surname" also displays the correct one. It's just guild interface.

(this whole thing happened on the Imperial side, Republic seems fine)

Whaaa?

EDIT: It's back to normal now for some reason. Got my Malkavian clan back, yay. Still, whaaaaaat was that and why?

Edited by Aldaroshka

It's one of the many 5.10 bugs. Once everyone character logs in, it seems to sort itself out. Maybe it'll get fixed with the mid Feb patch, but don't hold your breath since there does seem to be a work around for it.

That didn't help for mine. Interesting point though.. the legacy names are correct until I try to sort by legacy.. then they go haywire. ATM. more than half the guild displays the same legacy.. which isn't the actual case.

It also frequently changes which legacy name it will display for the same characters.. mine have been shown as at least 5 different legacies. It is different every time I change characters.

That didn't help for mine. Interesting point though.. the legacy names are correct until I try to sort by legacy.. then they go haywire. ATM. more than half the guild displays the same legacy.. which isn't the actual case.

It also frequently changes which legacy name it will display for the same characters.. mine have been shown as at least 5 different legacies. It is different every time I change characters.

Not really surprised it's still happening to people. For my personal guilds of only 3 and 4 accounts, it was wonky for a few days, then sorted out once all characters were logged in.

Their new guild interface has several display bugs. Maybe we'll get some fixes before the next content release that'll introduce a whole new slew of bugs.