Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 infiltration pvp questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
2.0 infiltration pvp questions

Kurvv
03.14.2013 , 07:25 PM | #1
Unfortunately I can't download the pts client to test things out myself, but I have a few skill tree questions to anyone there playing infiltration in pvp:

Expertise vs. psychokinesis/force synergy - Is the 18% dmg on shadow technique worth taking over the force cost reduction on cs and project + losing 3% crit from melee attacks? On live the answer would definitely be "no" but I'm not sure how hard shadow technique hits now/how much of our dmg it makes up.

Nerve wracking vs. judgement - Which of these is better? Neither is amazing but to me it seems like nerve wracking has the edge because of how important spinning kick is in our opening rotation. I rarely have trouble finishing off anyone below 30% with 1 spinning strike now, but with the changes to shields making them more attractive, 30% on a tank could actually require more than 1-2 attacks to remove.
My preferred method of cc is death

DaftVaduhhh
03.14.2013 , 08:41 PM | #2
The sub 30% aspect of the talent is really worth the investment 90% of the time in PvP, but the cheap execute move is. That makes your shadow strike proc & spinning strike 1 force point short of being force neutral (assuming you take Psychokinesis).

Yes, Psychokinesis is a must. Force Synergy will become more attractive as crit rates rise, however I don't think it would be wise initially, especially given the higher damage (and lower rate) of Shadow Technique's proc could be boosted by Battle Readiness (that +16% becomes +32%, and also triggers on Project if you're using CS).

For 36 infil, I would just go with:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

or

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger