"ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error

FallguySoldier

AFTER updating the game to today's patch, I started receiving this error. The first time it happened, I closed the game thinking it was some random fluke. After restarting the game, it happened again. The error takes place within a few minutes after logging onto the game, it runs in the background and so it doesn't crash the game or cause any noticeable issues as far as I know. I never had this issue until AFTER I installed the latest patch.

Screenshot:

https://i.imgsafe.org/411d316.png

I would post my dxdiag file but it exceeds the character limit for the post.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

Also launcher.exe loads one CPU core at 100% all the time. After we come out of the game, this app is not closed and continues to load one core at 100%.

Win7 x64 SP1 + updated and I run launcher.exe as Administrator.

After about 5 minutes or more, I'll have this window with "ABORT: Pointer is NULL", after hitting OK, the launcher.exe will close.

Edited by PadawanLemon

Same error message, although game was patched and runs fine. No idea how to send the requested info since I can't add it in a pm.

I used pastebin.com

Should work fine unless they have something against third-party sites :)

Edited by Yoozy

Edit : noticed that the launcher stays in background and uses some of my CPU. THen this error appears and the process disappears. Any info would be good. Red Eclipse - Easternsun. When I close the launcher before entering game just to check what happens, the process stays in background and uses cpu. Have to manually stop the process. Edited by ExarSun

Hey folks!

If you're seeing this, please send me your DxDiag and MSInfo so the team can investigate!

-Tait

Hey, glad you can respond to this issue... Now can you give that thread with 3 pages of people who can't download the patch some attention? Thanks. :)

I am getting this error showing up when I try to close the launcher after getting the lovely 308 network error that fails to patch. I posted the requested log files in that thread. I will PM these files. I'm also having issues with the launcher running even after a restart. It takes about 30% of my CPU even when I haven't actually launched the game. It is (obviously) not in my startup list.

Hey folks!

If you're seeing this, please send me your DxDiag and MSInfo so the team can investigate!

-Tait

I just send you a report log from an attempt at a fresh new installation of the game.

The launcher start, i can fill in my infos, then i have about 3min of waiting, and the error Unable to retreive data 308 appear.

have successfully; flushed dns, stopped launcher32, restarted have confirmed 39ms connection 0% loss while the launcher was thinking about it and 308 error returns.

PM'd Tait with diag info earlier, NO reply from SWTOR at this time.

Sad.

:(

I also now get the Abort pointer null error.

Fun!

Edited by Subzz
update to errors

Hey folks!

-Tait

I've never done that before, how do I do that? I've also got the "Abort: Pointer is NULL ((.\sharedzhastbl.c/128)" error.

just noticed that the launcher is now downloading 56% so far.

Just had it running in the background after 308 error.

see what happens.

:rolleyes:

308 error returned.

sad,sad

Edited by Subzz

just noticed that the launcher is now downloading 56% so far.

Just had it running in the background after 308 error.

see what happens.

:rolleyes:

You left it on the 308 patch error launcher? Or did you close it out, then reopen it to find it downloading?