Maintenance: July 13th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, July 13th in order to apply Game Update 5.3a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:

DATE: 13 July 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 5.3a

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned changes are:

• Operations fixed in Group Finder.
  • Crew Skills once again giving Influence.
  • Adjusting Prototype Missile Silos and Grenadiership cooldown/damage.
  • The currently unavailable decos which are showing incorrect sources (such as the Manaan bundle) being removed from the Decorations UI.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Thanks for the update Eric. Will Gods of the Machine be the day's operation? I ask because if it is you will probably get a lot of reports on it still being broken since everyone will be locked out by then... Edited by LordTurin

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, July 13th in order to apply Game Update 5.3a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned changes are:

• Adjusting Prototype Missile Silos and Genadiership cooldown/damage.
  • The currently unavailable decos which are showing incorrect sources (such as the Manaan bundle) being removed from the Decorations UI.

-eric

I feel like a lot of things are going wrong due to pushing out content on your new basis. Releasing new bosses every other month / FP / SH blah blah... Especially all these sudden typos too.

Care to comment? Are things being rushed or are you aware of these things before they go live?

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

And still no one has commented on the nexu cartel market miscommunication. Did you guys screw it up? Did you mean to say the companion and not the mount?

It's been a full 24 hours and you're still advertising the mount and the companion is for sale?

Like, I don't get it. All we want is to know what the deal is. It's not rocket science.

And still no one has commented on the nexu cartel market miscommunication. Did you guys screw it up? Did you mean to say the companion and not the mount?

It's been a full 24 hours and you're still advertising the mount and the companion is for sale?

Like, I don't get it. All we want is to know what the deal is. It's not rocket science.

Hey, is this true??? I was just about to buy it. DOH!

What will be the ops scheduled be for the rest of the week? Will you pick back up where you left off friday, start with machine gods (in which case many of us have toons already locked out), or start at where it was supposed to be for tomorrow, which I believe was EV.

What about all the random/naked companions that keep showing up in my new stronghold? Tell them to start paying rent or ****!

old bug that happens in EVERY stronghold. i had it several times. i had players bleed into my FP phases too. just pointing out :) (the other players also seen me)

Edited by MotherCrusher

it seems they will fix this, eric replied in other thread

Trolling right?

You "emergency" patch for a UI issue with decorations but do nothing about the people who have collection unlocked tunings and crystals that have to now spend credits to use them as designed?

Bit of a dick move.

Hey everyone!

[*]Adjusting Prototype Missile Silos and Genadiership cooldown/damage.

-eric

you're absolutely don't know what you're doing..you change capacity without any sense and you try to change it one day after.

so you'll nerf AP. you're pathetic, no more word to explain. you don't play your game you don't know what you are doing.

pathetic really

Trolling right?

You "emergency" patch for a UI issue with decorations but do nothing about the people who have collection unlocked tunings and crystals that have to now spend credits to use them as designed?

Bit of a dick move.

Actually, Keith explained his reasoning in a post somewhere in that thread about cartel crystals and tunings. (EDIT: Ah; my bad; you've already replied to that thread. I wasn't aware of that when I posted here. :o)

Hey all,

Let’s review today’s Crystals and Weapon Tuning change and what caused it. With Patch 5.2.2, we made a change so everyone could take advantage of the Weapon Tunings across their account. We did that by adding them into Collections. This is the same process we use for Flairs, Armor Sets, Mounts, Crystals, Weapons, Pets, and more. This appeared to be a very welcomed change, but over the past month we found out players were subverting the collection system by using an exploit related to Legacy Weapons. Sure, you can argue it’s been that way for a long time, but Weapon Tunings were new and being able to use them across your entire account is a cool benefit.

What happened is some players would add the Tuning to a legacy weapon, send to an Alt, remove it on that Alt, re-add it to the weapon, which would then incorrectly unlock it in Collections on that toon. They would then send that weapon to all of their toons and perform the same process. Thus circumventing the entire collection system and obtaining Weapon Tunings for their legacy without having to pay for it. As everyone has pointed out, Crystals sold via the Cartel Market could also be collection unlocked this way, and in fact, as players have clearly stated in this thread, they’ve been doing that for a very long time.

We did not impact the ability to use Crystals and Tunings in Legacy Weapons and we did not prevent you transferring mods, hilts, barrels, augments, or enhancements, through your legacy weapons (which I do all the time). This change did create a situation for all of us who are using Collections properly where there is an added step (and credit cost) to moving weapons. Our plan with Patch 5.4 in August is to resolve this new issue by allowing Collection Unlocked Crystals and Tunings to be transferred using your legacy weapons as you did previously (no cost/no removing of the items first).

As most of you already know, we do not communicate details about exploits and typically only acknowledge their existence after a fix has been deployed. In this case, we included it with our Patch Notes yesterday so you knew ahead of time what we were doing today. I also know this makes some of you unhappy, but the loophole needed to be closed and we did that in today’s patch.

---Keith

you're absolutely don't know what you're doing..you change capacity without any sense and you try to change it one day after.

so you'll nerf AP. you're pathetic, no more word to explain. you don't play your game you don't know what you are doing.

pathetic really

You did read the bug report about that change, right? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927064

It was a glitch that slipped through in the first place.

Edited by Jagaimee

You did read the bug report about that change, right? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927064

It was a glitch that slipped through in the first place.

i wrote it in another part of the forum much earlier tbh :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9354944&postcount=23

so i maintain my sentence, they do'nt know and see what they're doing and they didn't read all part of the forum. it's beyond amateurism.

Edited by Thaladan

Actually, Keith explained his reasoning in a post somewhere in that thread about cartel crystals and tunings. (EDIT: Ah; my bad; you've already replied to that thread. I wasn't aware of that when I posted here. :o)

Yes but I'm a bit disappointed a quick measure couldn't be applied to address those legitimate concerns for those who had unlocked the crystals/tunings.

Removing the cost would be fair imo.

Again not sure how easy it is but I'm quite disappointed there isn't a reasoning being given behind why ANY action has to wait until 5.4

Our plan with Patch 5.4 in August is to resolve this new issue by allowing Collection Unlocked Crystals and Tunings to be transferred using your legacy weapons as you did previously (no cost/no removing of the items first).

Please add this to the today's patch as well... As this should have been implemented in 5.3 already and should have priority.

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

So the cooldowns reduced by how much? and damage by how much? the reason I ask is it seems you are holding your cards to chest pretty tightly atm with that information.