Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guard in PvP (DPS Specs)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guard in PvP (DPS Specs)

JediMasterAlex
08.05.2020 , 12:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Is force bound really that effective? When I was playing last, it wasn't a thing. I did have grit teeth, and (ugh here come the you suck learn to play comments) under decent focus wasnt getting a second grit off (and as I mentioned, the scaling of FD is still back to being a not a heal to full).

I keep reiterating this point because I really feel its getting overlooked in the midst of all my other points: I really do not care what they do with dps guard. I'll be pissed if it goes away for tank specs, ill be pissed if it gets tied to tank stats without making tank stats useful, but if dps lose guard I do not care.

That said, there is irony in the continuous mentioning of guarding and not taunting.

and additionally, any kind of what if you have 3 guards/3 stealthers/ whatever is a matchmaking issue. Maybe BW should make that a consideration. If you have 2 guards, maybe they get split between the two teams. Heck if these things are really that big an issue, maybe you should have to wait for an identical team comp to face you. Because whats more important? Stealth? Guard? Should it put a dps over on a team with a dps sin against a merc and a jugg because that splits the guards? Then what about stealth? The point being, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and class balance problems will probably always exist.

And to reiterate yet again: i do not care if they get rid of dps guard. I just feel there are bigger issues
I understand what you're saying. The problem with force bound isn't necessarily that it's super powerful, though it is very good. It's that it's so annoying to play against. Most people don't like not being able to do damage for such a long time. Not to mention it makes pt and sin tanks even worse than they already are compared to jugg tanks.

As for the matchmaking, we all want them to prevent class stacking, which would ideally help in splitting up the offguards. But still, as a mechanic, dps offguard should have a bigger downside or it should be removed from them, that's all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
I am done talking to kendra....like talking to a wall.

But Alex, I get it. So instead of nuking one player down within seconds there has to be thought involved? A plan? OMG...must be really wearing on you all having to work for wins now!

A single dps can guard swap, not die now, and dps in a match....I have done it.
Offguard is deciding matches when one team gets multiple offguards and the other team gets only 1 or none. It's that simple. If you could somehow have the matchmaking guarantee the exact same number of offguards on each team, theoretically that could solve the problem I suppose, but I don't know if they can do that.

Nickodemous
08.08.2020 , 05:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I understand what you're saying. The problem with force bound isn't necessarily that it's super powerful, though it is very good. It's that it's so annoying to play against. Most people don't like not being able to do damage for such a long time. Not to mention it makes pt and sin tanks even worse than they already are compared to jugg tanks.

As for the matchmaking, we all want them to prevent class stacking, which would ideally help in splitting up the offguards. But still, as a mechanic, dps offguard should have a bigger downside or it should be removed from them, that's all.

Offguard is deciding matches when one team gets multiple offguards and the other team gets only 1 or none. It's that simple. If you could somehow have the matchmaking guarantee the exact same number of offguards on each team, theoreticallyu that could solve the problem I suppose, but I don't know if they can do that.
It is you....lol...amazing how that topic was danced around....
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE

Nickodemous
08.08.2020 , 05:41 PM | #23
Please Alex, tell me how great ranked is on SF again please....

I will enjoy it so much!
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE

cflems
08.09.2020 , 12:45 AM | #24
I'm going to deliberately ignore the couple of forums warriors being deliberately antagonistic on this thread, and try and make this issue plain and simple.

Forcebound, crossguard (when two or more offguarders get a healer and alternate guard between each other so no one on their team can be bursted), and stealth (maras included due to their infinite vanish tactical) have made solo ranked 80% composition roullette, and 20% skill-based gameplay. Composition roullette is not fun for anyone. Playing a class without access to any of these autowin features puts you at a severe disadvantage because by just being in the match you are automatically decreasing the odds that these features are on your team. All three of them need to be severely rebalanced. You can play your class perfectly and you will still lose more than you win when teams full of these things are in queue.

In my opinion, forcebound should either be removed or be exclusive to dps juggernauts (as it was meant to make them viable not give a power-up to maras and tanks), guard should be disabled for dps specs in solo ranked arenas, defel spliced genes should be tied to a longer cooldown (such as saber ward maybe?), and the powerlode tactical for AP PTs, which forcebound exists to counter, should be replaced with a purely defensive tactical similar to Two Cloaks or Grit Teeth.

omaan
08.09.2020 , 05:56 AM | #25
Force bound must be available for tank juggs only because only tanks must be able to save their team mates. When dps spec can both do dps and save his team mate from death with so many abilities (force bound debuff, guard, taunts) it gives this spec a huge and unfair advantage over other specs. It is NOT normal when you fight 2 juggs and 2 marauders and all 4 of them using force bound because 90% of the fight all your team can't do any dps. You get force bound, then obfuscate then force bound then another obfuscate then another force bound etc which results into 90% of all fight your team just misses lol. Don't forget about class stacking in ranked which only makes things worse.
Force bound must be locked only for tanks whose role is to defend their team mates
Dps cross-guard must be nerfed too since guarding dps aren't that squishy as they were before which results into one-sided matches where team with cross guard will always win a team with no cross guard
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls