Augments?

Acidictadpole

Used to modify exceptional crafted armor and weapons.

So, to confirm. If you crit (what % is that.. like 10?) a crafted item, weapon or armor, it will get the augmentation slot. Yet a fair amount of slicing missions will return this augment. So in short the market will be FLOODED with these things?

Come end game, I see them being useful. I use synthweaving, and will crit and make some gear with the slot. Our guild leader is slicer and will send me the augments when he has them. So it can add a +3 to strength, which is not bad. So try putting them up on the GTN and see what happens. *shrug*

There is also the potential to *crit when crafting an orange (custom) schematic..

That would be a nice place for an augment.. essentially giving you a free mod slot, in addition to the normal 3 in armor.

Orange crafts don't crit. Right now it seems the use of augments is nonexistent. But it may change in the future.

Orange crafts don't crit. Right now it seems the use of augments is nonexistent. But it may change in the future.

I make blue earpiece with agument slot for level 19, put there agument with 14 str. 15 levels later, it's comparable with green/blue earpiecie.

So no, there is use. Crafted gear with slots can get far better than your orange gear with mods for same level.

Only issue - people don't put slotted gear on GTN.

I make blue earpiece with agument slot for level 19, put there agument with 14 str. 15 levels later, it's comparable with green/blue earpiecie.

So no, there is use. Crafted gear with slots can get far better than your orange gear with mods for same level.

Only issue - people don't put slotted gear on GTN.

Very nice.

What are augments used for? I get them with slicing, but can't find a use for them.

They mention upgrading items and armor, but they're not usable, and none of the items with modslots I've found (multiple oranges) have an augmentation slot. What do I do with them?

I cant quite remember which, but I either crafted something yesterday that came out blue, or I got a blue item out of treasure hunting lockbox, but gave it to my companion. It had 1 aug slot, so thanks for letting me know how to fill it.

When I get back home on Monday I'll check what item it was and post back

• 2 weeks later...
I've repeatedly attempted to GTN augments for the last week at all levels at base price and have yet to sell a single one. Considering the high cost of the mission to get them, I'm flat out done doing any missions that generate augments.

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldnt say that the augments are useless. I sell the purple ones on the GM for good credits. Some of your purple ones will bring around 80k sometimes. The blue ones dont seem to sell well. Ive tried bringing the prices down low, but people really only want the purple ones. I can blame them. Thats all I would really look for. However, I can never find crafted crit gear to use my own with. I have been saving a purple +28 cunning for my smuggler for 15 levels and havnt found any worthy gear to use it with. ( no gear at all to use it with ) The GM has been baren on my server. Mandalore the Indominable.

I wouldnt say that the augments are useless. I sell the purple ones on the GM for good credits. Some of your purple ones will bring around 80k sometimes. The blue ones dont seem to sell well. Ive tried bringing the prices down low, but people really only want the purple ones. I can blame them. Thats all I would really look for. However, I can never find crafted crit gear to use my own with. I have been saving a purple +28 cunning for my smuggler for 15 levels and havnt found any worthy gear to use it with. ( no gear at all to use it with ) The GM has been baren on my server. Mandalore the Indominable.

Look for implants.. JK companion doc crits pretty often on biochem crafting.. I'm wearing purple crafted implants, with purple augments, make them myself, and found the augments too. :p

• 4 weeks later...

I see most people are a bit baffled by what to do with augments. Guys/Gals GTN them please! I've got Biochem maxed out and i'm starting to knock out some sweet implants for level 45/50 with an augment spot available, down side, no augments on GTN so cant get max potential from my implants.

Craft, Sell make money!