IA Story (Five Stars!)

wishihadaname

The Imperial Agent is not for everyone, but for those of you who don't mind staying out of the spotlight it is absolutely amazing. I just finished act 3 and, the insane difficutly of actually playing the class aside, it was one long epic win.

The Pros

The story unfolds quest by quest, with plot twists that you should have seen coming, but didn't, around almost every other turn.

The companions are edgy and multilayered. I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them, but figuring out what makes people tick is half the appeal of the agent.

There is alot to think about. Seriusly. Concepts of right and wrong simply do not exist. you have a job and an enginuity to rival Mecgyiver himself, but how you go about applying these things is entirely up to you.

Decisions come back with a vengence.... sometimes literally..... Word of advice, DO NOT kill the insane jedi, no matter how much you really really want to, trust me it will save you a very nasty encounter towards the end.

Mouthing off, British style. "Never lie to a professional liar". "Ohh you POOR thing".

The man of many faces. No other class gets to be a pirate, gangster, terrorist, traitor, droid, tripple agent smartmouth gambler.

The Cons (If you'de call them that)

If you like epic combat scenes ala the trooper story, they are in very short supply here.

Its very easy to screw yourself over by not thinking about your decisions.

You really can't be the good guy. An Agent knows he has to get his hands dirty.

You can't actually switch sides (I know its a tall order but it would have been awesome and until a certain development with a certain word I was concidering it)

All of you Bond fans out there should definatly give the agent a try. Its not glamorous work, but it will have you laughing, thinking, plotting, stabbing, shooting, infiltrating, smartmouthing, seducing, blackmailing, and scratching your head all the way until the end.

First chapter was pretty good imo and especially the ending. After that I feel it's just missed potential. There are several things in the following two chapters that could be amazing, but honestly, only

mind control

made it the least bit interesting.

I was planning to play SI and get IA as my alt. When Beta came I created only IA toon to see if it's worth to have this class as an alt and to avoid spoilers for SI so I can enjoy it in full when the game will be released...

And, well, I felt in love with IA from the very first dialog - I made it my main when SWTOR released and I really enjoy playing this class, forgot about SI :p

Yeah, sure, there are some downtimes, sometimes I think that some part of the story could be done in a bit different way, or maybe they should be a bit deeper - but in overall, it's just great and very involving :)

I got a few alts, but so far, no other class story can be a match IA for me :)