I hate the Republic now more than ever...

Gankstah

Playing a Sith Warrior developed in me a genuine dislike for the Republic.

But that was nothing compared to how much I loathe them now that I've played a Trooper. I hate, truly truly hate, every Senator in the Republic. No exceptions. I would happily slit each and every one of their throats and send their children to labor camps if it were an option given in the game. Use Havoc Squad as an HONOR GUARD? The only thing keeping me from blowing your brains all over the console behind you is the fact that BioWare neglected to program that option into the game.

The Trooper story line, from start to finish, is just one giant excercise in discovering just how much exactly can the Republic **** on their armed forces.

• The original Havoc Squad? Betrayed and left behind to fend for themselves.
  • The Dead Eyes? Used as bait and then left to rot in Imperial prison camps.
  • Dagger Wing? Given bad intel then sacrificed up on the altar of political bull ****.

It seems to me the most dangerous place to be is in a Elite squad within the republic. And not because you might get your face blown off or possibly tortured. No, it's because you are very nearly guaranteed to get stabbed right in the proverbial back by the very same people who are supposed to be WATCHING your back. You spend very nearly 1/2 of your story quest saving the Republic's elite of the elite from--Can you guess who?--THE REPUBLIC!

The biggest difference between the Empire and the Republic is that at least the Empire is honest and upfront about your lot in life.

The republic is far more sinister than anything the Empire has to offer up. I genuinely, genuinely, hope that in future expansions Troopers are given the option to go rogue just like Tavus did. Watching Aric asphyxiate as I throw him out the nearest air lock would be a dream come true. Getting to cackle madly as I make Garza run from Coruscant to Belsavis and then back over and over and over again until she dies from the strain would be an ironic yet fitting end to that hag.

Then finally, at the end, given the opportunity to wipe my *** with the Republic flag as I dropped the original ZR57 right on top of the Senate tower and watch as every one of those scheming bastards burn... would be nothing less than sublime.

The single best moment of the Trooper story line was when I got to leave that sniveling worm of a senator strapped to that bomb and listen with relish as he detonated all over the compound walls. My only regret? Not being able to take a piece with me as a souvenir.

I really *really* hate the Republic now. I feel no sympathy for any of the atrocities they are forced, or have been forced, to endure. You deserve(d) every minute of it.

Edited by Gankstah

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point is not even close to valid. Want a tip? Go roll a Jedi knight, you will quickly find out how terrible your bunny love Empire truly is.

Also, most of those things that happend to the trooper may seem bad on the surface. But were done to save thousands. Ever heard the saying sacrifice 1 to save 100?

I sence much fear in you.

Your point is not even close to valid.

Someone doesn't know the definition of "valid".

Want a tip?

No, but I got one for you whether you want it or not: pick up a dictionary.

I sense much ignorance in you.

Edited by Gankstah

It truly is amazing how people will stretch for reasons to think the side committing genocide and practicing slavery is the lesser of two evils. I won't say that Republic is all Friendship is Magic with golden halos above everyone's head, but the relative levels of corruption, evil and greed are nowhere near equal. The Empire is led by evil maniacs and commits atrocities that dwarf anything that can be brought up against the Republic.

It truly is amazing how people will stretch for reasons to think the side committing genocide and practicing slavery is the lesser of two evils. I won't say that Republic is all Friendship is Magic with golden halos above everyone's head, but the relative levels of corruption, evil and greed are nowhere near equal. The Empire is led by evil maniacs and commits atrocities that dwarf anything that can be brought up against the Republic.

This. What this person just posted ends this pointless thread. While both sides make poor or considered evil choices from time to time, the scale the empire weighs in on is far far outweighing the republic.

This. What this person just posted ends this pointless thread. While both sides make poor or considered evil choices from time to time, the scale the empire weighs in on is far far outweighing the republic.

I'm not going to argue that the Empire isn't evil, they are. However, the Republic has done some of those same things. They tried, but failed, to exterminate the entire Sith race. So comes some of the animosity the Empire has towards the Republic.

You know that you are elite special forces yea? With that title, means you should, by now, know you are expendable. You will be sent on missions that are more dangerous than most troopers will be sent on but that isn't the worst of it. You'll be sent on politically sticky missions where there is a high chance you get disavowed if the politics change or things go bad and you can and will be discarded for the sake of the bigger picture.

More than regular army (troopers), you are a political tool which means you are a political liability. All spec operatives should understand this. If you don't you are not or should not be a special operative.

That thing with Tavus; all I could do the whole story was think about how much of snivelling whiney little girls they were. They knew the risks. It comes with the job and title.

That's politics. It works like that in the RL also. I don't know where you came up with this notion that your country would back you no matter what.

You know the US Delta Force is not even formally recognised as existing even though everyone knows they exist. IF sheet hits the fan, they're on their own. If a sniper is sent into the field and can't extricate himself and the military has their hands tied with political BS, he is expected to wait it out, find his own way out or die trying. That's what they are trained for.

So even if you get dumped on, remember an important part of special operations training is how to evade capture and arrest; how to use the land; how to work with local populace; you also have money on you at all times when you need to go through civilian territory.

In short, you are special forces. You're trained to do the toughest missions. You're trained to survive the most fubar situations. When they drop you into the field, it's with the full knowledge that you are on your own.

Whining like Tavus & Co... that crap doesn't cut it.

Look at the Squadron who got bad intel and got disavowed. They were pissed off but they held their act together even going so far as to operate as an active unit even in prison with the same goal and intention. They just wanted to clear their name and get back to doing what they do best.

So you enjoy working for an Emperor who wants to kill everyone, including the Sith, just to absorb their power?

Edited by Culhaven
typo

So you enjoy working for an Emperor who wants to kill everyone, including the Sith, just to absorb their power?

Does he know that? The Sith as a general rule do not support that end. It was postulated by a Jedi Master charged in the continuity with researching the roots of their conflict with the empire that the old Sith Lords did not in fact support the Emperor at all. This was postulated because Marka Ragnos, the Dark Lord who appointed the Emperor Lord Vitiate or whatever, crowned another Dark Lord of the Sith at the same time the Emperor was ruling those who had survived the Republics purge.

But that was nothing compared to how much I loathe them now that I've played a Trooper. I hate, truly truly hate, every Senator in the Republic. No exceptions. I would happily slit each and every one of their throats and send their children to labor camps if it were an option given in the game. Use Havoc Squad as an HONOR GUARD? The only thing keeping me from blowing your brains all over the console behind you is the fact that BioWare neglected to program that option into the game.

The Trooper story line, from start to finish, is just one giant excercise in discovering just how much exactly can the Republic **** on their armed forces.

• Dagger Wing? Given bad intel then sacrificed up on the altar of political bull ****.

It seems to me the most dangerous place to be is in a Elite squad within the republic. And not because you might get your face blown off or possibly tortured. No, it's because you are very nearly guaranteed to get stabbed right in the proverbial back by the very same people who are supposed to be WATCHING your back. You spend very nearly 1/2 of your story quest saving the Republic's elite of the elite from--Can you guess who?--THE REPUBLIC!

The biggest difference between the Empire and the Republic is that at least the Empire is honest and upfront about your lot in life.

The republic is far more sinister than anything the Empire has to offer up. I genuinely, genuinely, hope that in future expansions Troopers are given the option to go rogue just like Tavus did. Watching Aric asphyxiate as I throw him out the nearest air lock would be a dream come true. Getting to cackle madly as I make Garza run from Coruscant to Belsavis and then back over and over and over again until she dies from the strain would be an ironic yet fitting end to that hag.

Then finally, at the end, given the opportunity to wipe my *** with the Republic flag as I dropped the original ZR57 right on top of the Senate tower and watch as every one of those scheming bastards burn... would be nothing less than sublime.

The single best moment of the Trooper story line was when I got to leave that sniveling worm of a senator strapped to that bomb and listen with relish as he detonated all over the compound walls. My only regret? Not being able to take a piece with me as a souvenir.

I really *really* hate the Republic now. I feel no sympathy for any of the atrocities they are forced, or have been forced, to endure. You deserve(d) every minute of it.

Yeah, and that's why I delight in every chance I get to kill a senator. I'm up to 2 or 3 direct killings. One in broad daylight, in the middle of an official hearing, where I was directly ordered to just comply and cooperate, in front of other senators and the guards, and I walked out with a talking to.

If there was a title "Senator Killer" I'd use it and never look back.

Edited by HazardOOI

Yeah but they survived it.

The problem is they weren't up to the job, and went Sith. That's when they started crying about oh how terrible it was that they were "left for dead". (Odd to see the living complain about that isn't it?)

I enjoyed killing every last one of them ... especially the ones who "changed their minds" when they had a closeup view of my Assault Cannon.

Yet when offered a chance to go back they refused. They knew what they had to do, it's a war and a good Trooper isn't afraid to fight it.

Again, they lived lol. They disobeyed orders to retreat, which is something a lot of Troopers seem to be permitted to do, at their own risk. They came back heroes, at least in my story.

Dam' straight it's the most dangerous place to be.

But those are still Sith lasers and cannons aimed at you, if politics gives you a chance to take on 1000 of them instead of 10 one day, you jump on it.

Senators don't bother me, one of them asked me a hardball question in a Senate committee meeting and I dropped him like a gavel.

If you feel no sympathy then why all the sympathy?

We don't need it. Troopers know what we have to do, that's why it takes a crossover Sith to cry about it.

Kill you later! :D

/RP off

Great thread Gankstah. Enjoyed reading your post.

Now go watch Act of Valor and I'll call it even.

Its really true. The empire is actually pretty well run and rational compared to the sheer amount of hypocrisy and stupidity shown by the republic.

They are both power hungry warmongering factions bent on absolute control... its just the empire is honest about it.

Its really true. The empire is actually pretty well run and rational compared to the sheer amount of hypocrisy and stupidity shown by the republic.

They are both power hungry warmongering factions bent on absolute control... its just the empire is honest about it.

The thing is, being ''evil'' at republic is being an ******e, but not a smart one.

Your point is not even close to valid. Want a tip? Go roll a Jedi knight, you will quickly find out how terrible your bunny love Empire truly is.

Also, most of those things that happend to the trooper may seem bad on the surface. But were done to save thousands. Ever heard the saying sacrifice 1 to save 100?

I sense a need for hooked on phonics for you. The Republic lies and hides from its adversaries. The Sith use their passion to find the Jeedai and give them a good saber to the belly. The Republic does use such tactics as send "1 to save 100" but the Sith only need to send 1 because against 100 that's all ya really need. No sacrifice...just more dead Jedi due to Teamwork and unabashed rage and passions. Always takes more than 1 Jedi to take out a Sith Lord...anakin and Obi-wan did so with Dooku, Obi Wan and Qui-Gon did with Maul, Vader and Luke for the Emperor (Vader was re-converted by Luke so 2 Jedi in reality). Almost every encounter for the warrior class story is taking on one or more Jedi with a brigade of "Sith killer" troopers having their back. The sith Lords I have fought have for the most part been 1 vs 1. So much for validity from you...NEXT!

If I had to choose I think I'd take the Empire that's HONEST about the things it's doing instead of the hypocrite Republic that's doing the same but hiding behind the curtain of self-righteousness.

Seriously, Belsavis is propably Empire 2.0 but with added flavor of being completely hidden from the public for convenience. Prison in itself is fine. But experiments on prisoners? Pitting them against each other just to see how far can their limits be pushed so the strongest can be used to further testing? At least the Empire doesn't have gladiatorial fighting just for the kicks of it.

Edited by gibmachine

If I had to choose I think I'd take the Empire that's HONEST about the things it's doing instead of the hypocrite Republic that's doing the same but hiding behind the curtain of self-righteousness.

Seriously, Belsavis is propably Empire 2.0 but with added flavor of being completely hidden from the public for convenience. Prison in itself is fine. But experiments on prisoners? Pitting them against each other just to see how far can their limits be pushed so the strongest can be used to further testing? At least the Empire doesn't have gladiatorial fighting just for the kicks of it.

Yea you forgot the part where it was just one senator, the interim-warden didnt even know about it, and when found out you shut it down. Well I did I dont know if you can choose to support it.

No, the empire just has sith randomly killing off civilians for giggles, because they feel it's "their right" to.

Given the choice, I'd rather live in the republic. At least there as a normal citizen I don't have to worry about being randomly executed by some glowstick-wielding idiot because he's bored.

As others have said, special forces are ALWAYS in that shadowy area where if crap hits the fan, you're expendable. Sure, you're highly trained, highly skilled, and exceptionally equipped. You're expected to SURVIVE if they're forced to leave you there for a while. Not go crying in a corner and saying "Wahhh, mommy, the republic didn't come pick me up and take me home! I wanna defect!"

Snivveling little priss. I have ZERO sympathy for the former members of Havoc Squad who tried to defect. The moment it got tough, they went crying to the other side. And what did they find out? It was even WORSE over there.

No, the empire just has sith randomly killing off civilians for giggles, because they feel it's "their right" to.

Given the choice, I'd rather live in the republic. At least there as a normal citizen I don't have to worry about being randomly executed by some glowstick-wielding idiot because he's bored.

There's a quest for that. They were explicitly breaking the law, and are arrested after you finger them for the crimes.

There's a quest for that. They were explicitly breaking the law, and are arrested after you finger them for the crimes.

Pretty sure it's

They only broke it when they attacked other Sith you tagged.

Edited by mecher