Question of the Day 4/29/2013

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Happy Monday everyone! Time for the Question of the day:

When shopping in the Cartel Market what do you usually spend your Coins on?

Packs! I am a collector at heart and packs are a weak spot for me. I always have to try to get all of the new mounts and pets. Give me all your Hypercrates!

How about you?

Usually consumables or unlocks but I did recently buy that awesome black robe for my evil Jedi.

I'd rather buy things I want directly than roll the dice with packs so when I do buy packs, it's to sell them on the GTN and turn them into credits to spend on the specific thing I want.

It costs me about half as much actual money to do it that way.

nothing because your online store rejects credit cards/paypal purchases randomly and only fix your customer support suggests goes through an Irish phone support which works 8 hours GMT and either do not answer phones at all or has no clue on the issue. if you'd check the customer support part of the forum you'd see that but I guess you prefer to stay away from that section.

I've mostly bought some unlocks (rocket boost, mailbox on ship, etc.), some character perks, and recently an outfit for my Smuggler. Not much else. I don't like packs that (possibly) contain worthless Jawagrams.

The packs, if I think there's something worthwhile in them, like the Relaxed Gear. Though I don't buy more than three. Don't see the point really, everyone else buys it and puts it on the GTN. I got the Relaxed Uniform top for 60k when I opened the second pack and got naught.

Happy Monday everyone! Time for the Question of the day:

When shopping in the Cartel Market what do you usually spend your Coins on?

Packs! I am a collector at heart and packs are a weak spot for me. I always have to try to get all of the new mounts and pets. Give me all your Hypercrates!

How about you?

Do you Bioware guys actually have to pay real money for Cartel Coins? Would be funny if you did. EA pays you, then you pay EA.

Do you Bioware guys actually have to pay real money for Cartel Coins? Would be funny if you did. EA pays you, then you pay EA.

Don't be silly. Clearly part of their pay packet is actually virtual currency only usable in EA stores and some vending machines.

Even they wouldn't be able to feign enthusiasm for the awful gamble pack system if they had to actually pop four bucks a pack for 'em.

Very rarely, I'll pick up a full set, like the Eradicator's set. But, mostly it's little things. Quick Travel passes when I need to jump to somewhere pretty quick and don't feel like waiting for the CD.

To be honest, when it comes to CM stuff, I tend to wait and buy the stuff I want for credits and try to save my coins for big things.

Frankly, I do not believe you! :rolleyes::D

P.S.: Maybe packs for free? :eek::D

Edited by Glower

unlocks and gear sets. I hate having to work my way through (what I consider) silly looking gear. I like getting a nice set from level 1 and outfitting with mods so my jedi/sith can look like I think they should.

and lots of unlocks for my horde of alts.

Usually packs–spread across several alts. However, I also buy the armor sets from time to time; rarely, but I do. For example, I bought the Valiant set for my Knight, and also on my Knight I bought a chest piece for Kira and Scourge. I also bought the Eradicator's set for my Warrior.

I think the new packs when they arrive after spending about $1500 on them over time, But now I won't put anymore money into the CM due to the materials you get with the new pack are old mats that can't be used for anything in patch 2.0 and this is a very bad move by Bioware.

I rarely spend my coins. I unlocked a race once. I may have used coins to unlock a perk if it was relatively few coins vs. a ton of credits.

Depending on the pain of the expense of re-customization, I might spend some coins on that. Otherwise, I'll keep saving my stipend I guess.

packs what else, no point buying mounts from cm as you have to buy speeder piloting 1, and like the xmas mount cost so much yet was only on one char not the account which no stops me spending anything on mounts introduced onto the cm.

But i would like to say this and if its noticed by bioware, i put money into the cm so those funds can go towards the development of the rest of the game and not just the cm, i have a tiny spark of hope that the vast majority of the cash i have given to bioware through the cartel coins has been put towards the SSSP so it can be the best it can be with no corners cut.

Edited by Shingara

Usually I end up buying cartel packs. Though I may stop doing that soon. Sure it's fun opening the packs to see what I can get. The problem is, most of the time I end up with crap and when I do get something good, it ends up on the GTN so bloody cheap that the packs really didn't feel worth it at all. Hell, I would have ended up with more credits if I just sold the packs themselves. Kind of sad really...