Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NVIDIA’s MFAA and SWTOR: Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
NVIDIA’s MFAA and SWTOR: Question

xordevoreaux
05.25.2019 , 11:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I just gotta ask - why are you so interested in AA? Unless you are interested in having lovely looking screen shots, AA isn't going to make your gameplay any better and you won't really notice it during action. (In fact, it's obvious here that trying to get better AA is just trashing your fps.)
That's provided you are playing at a decent graphics resolution like 1920x1080 and have the basic in-game AA turned on. If you are playing at a lower rez then say, 1600x900, you need to get a better monitor before worrying about AA.
Having pink hair versus blue hair isn't going to make my game play any better, either, but maybe it's a preference.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TrixxieTriss
05.25.2019 , 08:35 PM | #22
I just gotta ask - why are you so interested in AA? Unless you are interested in having lovely looking screen shots, AA isn't going to make your gameplay any better and you won't really notice it during action. (In fact, it's obvious here that trying to get better AA is just trashing your fps.)
That's provided you are playing at a decent graphics resolution like 1920x1080 and have the basic in-game AA turned on. If you are playing at a lower rez then say, 1600x900, you need to get a better monitor before worrying about AA.
Textures and colours are more representative to what they should be. That is important to some people.

UltrachocoboI
05.27.2019 , 05:00 PM | #23
I actually plat at 1440p so 2560x1440 already but the jaggies are driving me crazy, most of my friends dont care about that either but I notice it extremely and cant stand the flickering, let it be the grass or the stairs in the far back. Of course I dont get better with better graphics, but that applies to all games, doesnt change the fact that I prefer to have my game looking as good as possible and the ingame aa is horrible.

UltrachocoboI
05.27.2019 , 05:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by betaku View Post
Swtor like high frequency memory with tight timings too and you have a ryzen cpu, that why.

I have a i7-5960X O/C @ 4.5Ghz (4400Mhz cache), 3200Mhz memory @ CL14 T1 and a 1080 Ti gpu.

For comparaison :

https://i.imgur.com/QoHfV2D.jpg

First option.
Got 3200 Memory overclocked to 3333Mhz with cl14 t1 so it for sure aint the timings.

TrixxieTriss
05.27.2019 , 08:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by UltrachocoboI View Post
Got 3200 Memory overclocked to 3333Mhz with cl14 t1 so it for sure aint the timings.
The only thing I can think of is your CPU is the limiting factor here. What colour does the in game FPS colour go when your getting 24FPS?

Maybe list everything in your PC, including MB model and we can investigate a bit further.

UltrachocoboI
05.28.2019 , 06:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The only thing I can think of is your CPU is the limiting factor here. What colour does the in game FPS colour go when your getting 24FPS?

Maybe list everything in your PC, including MB model and we can investigate a bit further.
Full System would be:
Geforce RTX 2080 GPU
Ryzen 2600 OC'ed at 4 Ghz CPU
3333Mhz CL14 t1 Ram
MSI X470 Pro Carbon Mainboard

As I said that only happen when I use the 4x OGSSAA from the first page, x8 Multisampling works fine but is nowhere near as pretty. Also got a new Issue, when I put the Ingame AA to high or very high all my effects go missing which kinda sucks, very high and 8x MSAA was somewhat tolerable atleast.

JediQuaker
05.28.2019 , 04:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Having pink hair versus blue hair isn't going to make my game play any better, either, but maybe it's a preference.
Geez buddy, take a chill pill. I didn't say anything about the level of your gameplay, just that you won't really notice the AA while playing. (Provide you have some form of AA.)
Just like you wouldn't notice the exact shade of blue hair either, but you would notice that it's not pink.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV