Tonight's episode of the clone wars (Mar 09 2012)

soulself

was not a bad episode but seemed like it could of done the whole episode in 5 minuets.

plus.....

anyone else think that Maul acted a lot like Ruck from dragon age?

I did not notice that at all. How ever, yes, considering that we only have two episodes to tell this story, i feel part 2 will be rushed, especially if it expects to compact some closure. I would prefer if Maul survives and runs with Opress to plot with Mother Talzin.

I loved it, I believe there may be a subplot of how he survived and acquired the robot lower half thing. I am actually quite afraid they might just do away with Maul once more. I want him to surivive for a nice little bit. Accomplish some things, prove his awesomeness yet again. Others are upset saying he shouldn't be alive at all, but when they've gone ahead and done stuff like "oh the Emperor just transferred his soul to one of his many clone bodies, he ain't dead", I see no problem with bringing Maul back.

It was pretty good. I mean, the whole thing with Savage Opress seemed fairly insignificant (despite the fact that it's really about him most of it) as I awaited to see Darth Maul. I -LOVE- the spider legs, and loved how insane they made him. I thought he'd be calm, collected, recentered and plotting. What they did was perfect in my eyes.

Really, I loved it, can't wait for the next episode, but what I hated was the ending. Come on. How long was Maul alive? Obviously he didn't spring back to life in that one episode. 'An old enemy is returning.'? He hadn't even -DONE- anything yet, honestly. It also made me groan that Maul's obvious revenge will not be a surprise to our friendly neighborhood High Jedi General.

maul did not die from obi wan because of some kind of "force rule" where a jedi padawans' (which obi was at the time) attacks can not fully kill a Darth or something like that...so that's how come he did not die and simply was permanently cut in half...

anyone know more about this...?

Recorded it and just watched it. From next week's teaser preview, it looks like he gets a different lower body, sort of like a terminator on steroids look to it.

I also saw the interview on G4's "Attack of the Show" with Sam Witwer who provided the voice of Maul in SW:TCW (he also provides the voice and likeness of Galen "Starkiller" Marek in the "Force Unleashed" games.) He strongly hinted Maul would return next season, which sounds to me like a season-ending cliffhanger.

Anyone else notice that George Lucas' daughter (Katie Lucas) wrote the episode?

Katie Lucas wrote the following Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes:

Season 3 Episode 7 "Assassin"

Season 3 Episode 12 "Nightsisters"

Season 3 Episode 13 "Monster"

Season 3 Episode 14 "Witches of the Mist"

Season 4 Episode 19 "Massacre"

Season 4 Episode 20 "Bounty"

Season 4 Episode 21 "Brother"

Season 4 Episode 22 "Revenge"

Leads me to think that GL will be passing the Star Wars torch over to his daughter.

Edited by Quiet

maul did not die from obi wan because of some kind of "force rule" where a jedi padawans' (which obi was at the time) attacks can not fully kill a Darth or something like that...so that's how come he did not die and simply was permanently cut in half...

anyone know more about this...?

Read this.

BROTHER!

Brother!

Bro...ther?

brother.

bRoThEr?

BROTHER

brother?!?!

br-ot-her?

Brother!

I really hope they weren't paying the Kurgan by the spoken word for this episode. Cause if so he sure didn't make much.

(Really I think this episode could replace "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as a college drinking game. Everybody drinks whenever he says "brother")

There is a canon comic where Maul attacks young Luke Skywalker on Tatooine, so I think he will live for a while longer.

If i remember right that is the last time he shows up cause Obi-wan kills him off... i or was this before or after they cloned him to assassinate Vader?

If i remember right that is the last time he shows up cause Obi-wan kills him off... i or was this before or after they cloned him to assassinate Vader?

That entire comic was part of Star Wars Infinities. So technically it is non-canon.

Yes, Maul appearing on Tatooine was from the Visionaries anthology, a group of comic stories done by artists who worked on the film. "Old Wounds" was the tale's name... it wasn't very good as a story. Maul narrates it, saying how he's pursued Obi-Wan for years. He always JUST MISSED him, arriving at least at Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar, and Polis Massa just after Obi-Wan left (days/hours). Possibly Kamino, too... the main gist was that Maul tracked Obi-Wan basically to every movie location Obi-Wan visited--convenient, no?

The Maul that Vader defeated wasn't the real deal, either... some sorta Force-conjured clone, I think.

Anyone else notice that George Lucas' daughter (Katie Lucas) wrote the episode?

Katie Lucas wrote the following Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes:

Season 3 Episode 7 "Assassin"

Season 3 Episode 12 "Nightsisters"

Season 3 Episode 13 "Monster"

Season 3 Episode 14 "Witches of the Mist"

Season 4 Episode 19 "Massacre"

Season 4 Episode 20 "Bounty"

Season 4 Episode 21 "Brother"

Season 4 Episode 22 "Revenge"

Leads me to think that GL will be passing the Star Wars torch over to his daughter.

I noticed that. There is an interview with her about some of her episodes on the DVD for the Nightsisters episodes.

I will give the girl credit, for her age (and apparent uber nerdchickness) Most of her episodes are actually really good. She took what had essentially been a flat one note evil villainess character and really fleshed her out, as a result creating one of the better and more compelling villains in Star Wars cannon. Sadly Brothers doesn't work anywhere near as well as Nightsisters or Bounty. The dialogue in Brothers was just awful. But granted there is only so much you can do when every character in the episode is big stupid and violent, with no other underlying purpose or drive. (I think she said more in the somewhat vague "are they or aren't they?" implied lesbian scene between Ventress and the pink and green bounty hunter chick than she did in the entirety of the rest of the episode)

Edited by Faefrost