What's the most favorite thing about your favourite companion and the least? 📚📕

Eshvara

As so many companions come in different flavours and we all like our personal ones, there must be something about your favourite companion you really like and dislike yeah?

Or at least so I'd assume!

ย 

My favourite would be Arcann(Surprise right?):rak_03:

But I like his history and I really like his combat skills, especially the tank ones! Personality wise, I like how he's generally well composed and he cares for his family/comrades.

ย 

What I dislike about him is that he's a lot "softer" than I'd like him to be. And that not much of his past behaviour remained. While I'm glad he's on my side, I do prefer a bit of a tougher attitude than a softer one. The only time I get that feeling is in combat.

ย 

What about you and your favourite?

Please don't bash other people's opinions, just talk about what you like and dislike about your own! No companion is perfect right? :)

Theron was my favorite I enjoyed his backstory from the book and his interactions with the player character but the recent writing for his character has really changed my opinion on him. Yes he's one for taking risks when it comes to his profession but the risks he took got too many innocent people killed and cost the Alliance more than it did our enemies.

ย 

I did leave him to die on Nathema but I suspect he'll be brought back at some point especially if Nathema is pulling some Star Trek 2 plot.

I have a few ties myself. I'd be hard pressed to pin them down...

ย 

Kira and Tharan Cedrax (with Holiday) are up there. I love their personalities. I love their backgrounds. Two completely different characters that really feel like partners to their respective classes.

ย 

I could go around with just Kira Carson on a Knight and Tharan on a Consular and feel I don't need a crew. Nadia is a great apprentice, but I never got the partner feel from her, like I do Kira on Knight. Never got the partner feel with Doc on Knight either, but I don't hate Doc like some do. I think he gets a bad rap, but I feel he's totally supposed to be like Hawkeye from MASH and that's one of the reasons to love him.

ย 

However, what the game may be trying to show, I also think gets looked past on accident and on purpose, so people can whine about it. Poor Doc. :( Still, he doesn't have the partner feel Kira does.

ย 

Of course, playing DS on either of those classes may make the partner feel go away, I don't know :p Still, those two are up there and tied for fave, only possibly losing out to...

ย 

...Lana Beniko if push came to shove. Love Lana, because I feel she's just dark enough to be darker than my LS Sith and Jedi's, but not to dark to abandon them. I don't feel she actually gets portrayed well enough to get along with a total DS character, though the game forces it on her (and Theron) for no real reason other than "Well, we can't let those DSers go without any companions, because they'd all leave them really."

ย 

She's that good mix who compliments a Dark but not totally Dark Force User but also just Dark enough to be a perfect match for a Light Sider (who isn't opposed to be friends or in a relationship with a slightly darker person).

ย 

I know many say she's a dev pet, but I think she just came out the more universal all around companion for the force users (I say force users, because I really don't imagine her being with a non force user :p).

Malavai Quinn. Dutiful, serious, dedicated, looovely voice. Can't resist the warrior, no matter how much he tries. Finally shows that fire that burns under that well-ironed uniform. Adorkable and clumsy socially.

ย 

Least? I guess no brainer here: the betrayal.

Lana, of course. I love her intensity, and he true loyalty to the PC, and her intelligence and drive. When she lets her guard down you see just how deeply she loves the PC if she's in the romance, and she shows some flashes of humor that are very funny to me. I like that she's a Sith who is not frothing at the mouth evil-dark, and is willing to listen to different points of view and be pragmatic.

ย 

Least favorite thing isn't her fault, but IMHO the custom model they gave her (if you want to dress her in anything other than the default) is horrific. It looks nothing like her and it's awful. Also, I don't like that she invited Senya into the Alliance without asking the PC and that sometimes she doesn't stand up for herself when people are rude to her.

Can I cheat and mention more than one companion? :rak_03: Like my top 4! :p

ย 

Malavai Quinn

The Best Thing: When it comes to fictional characters, I seem to have a type for disciplined, hard working, smart officers who actually believe in their cause. So I guess it would be that. I also enjoy the complexity of his character and how his story arc takes something that's normally seen as a virtue (loyalty) and shows it's dark side.

ย 

The Worst Thing: I guess he can be too harsh, sometimes. Like when you first meet him and he's threatening a man under his command. I've kind of headcanoned that particular instance as him being purposefully tough on his troops so they'd learn not to give excuses, because the Sith don't like those, but I'm not convinced that's what's actually happening.

ย 

Kaliyo Djannis

The Best Thing: Kaliyo just entertains me to no end. You never know what she's gonna do next. She's also really hard to decipher when it comes to her personality and motives -- mostly because she's such a habitual liar and you can never be sure if she's telling the truth when talking about them. It makes for an interesting puzzle.

ย 

The Worst thing: You can't really give her even constructive criticism and expect the conversation to stay civil. Even if you try to be as nice as possible, all you get is "Yeah, yeah, why are you complaining about this, it's not a big deal". It's completely in character for her, but still, it can sometimes get annoying. Especially if she's talking with IA who's actually pretty close to her, but as soon as the conversation turns to certain things...

ย 

Tharan Cedrax

The Best Thing: I love the "insufferable genius"-feel he has going on. :D It's hilarious and kind of adorable, as long as you don't take it too seriously. He and Holiday are also an interesting couple.

ย 

The Worst Thing: It's funny and adorable when Tharan knows he's brilliant when it comes to technology and thinks he's always right and you can just go "yeah, sure, have fun with that :p". It becomes annoying when you're disagreeing with him on something, because he's convinced he must be right and you're just plain wrong. I sometimes feel it would be easier to manipulate him to change his mind (with a sentence that starts with "Oh, surely a smart man like you...") than to actually reason with him. Again, completely in character, but still sometimes frustrating. :D

ย 

Theron Shan

ย 

The Best Thing: He's witty, yet considerable. Has some interesting hidden stuff in his personality, but nothing too serious. The only one from my favorites I could picture wanting to hang out with in RL.

ย 

The Worst Thing: Theron is the most forgettable of the four. I do sometimes wonder if I'd still consider him one of my favorites if I wasn't a straight woman who happens to find him attractive, or if I'd just think he's cool but not cool enough to put in lists like this.

Can I cheat and mention more than one companion? :rak_03: Like my top 4! :p

ย 

Malavai Quinn

The Best Thing: When it comes to fictional characters, I seem to have a type for disciplined, hard working, smart officers who actually believe in their cause. So I guess it would be that. I also enjoy the complexity of his character and how his story arc takes something that's normally seen as a virtue (loyalty) and shows it's dark side.

ย 

The Worst Thing: I guess he can be too harsh, sometimes. Like when you first meet him and he's threatening a man under his command. I've kind of headcanoned that particular instance as him being purposefully tough on his troops so they'd learn not to give excuses, because the Sith don't like those, but I'm not convinced that's what's actually happening.

ย 

Kaliyo Djannis

The Best Thing: Kaliyo just entertains me to no end. You never know what she's gonna do next. She's also really hard to decipher when it comes to her personality and motives -- mostly because she's such a habitual liar and you can never be sure if she's telling the truth when talking about them. It makes for an interesting puzzle.

ย 

The Worst thing: You can't really give her even constructive criticism and expect the conversation to stay civil. Even if you try to be as nice as possible, all you get is "Yeah, yeah, why are you complaining about this, it's not a big deal". It's completely in character for her, but still, it can sometimes get annoying. Especially if she's talking with IA who's actually pretty close to her, but as soon as the conversation turns to certain things...

ย 

Tharan Cedrax

The Best Thing: I love the "insufferable genius"-feel he has going on. :D It's hilarious and kind of adorable, as long as you don't take it too seriously. He and Holiday are also an interesting couple.

ย 

The Worst Thing: It's funny and adorable when Tharan knows he's brilliant when it comes to technology and thinks he's always right and you can just go "yeah, sure, have fun with that :p". It becomes annoying when you're disagreeing with him on something, because he's convinced he must be right and you're just plain wrong. I sometimes feel it would be easier to manipulate him to change his mind (with a sentence that starts with "Oh, surely a smart man like you...") than to actually reason with him. Again, completely in character, but still sometimes frustrating. :D

ย 

Theron Shan

ย 

The Best Thing: He's witty, yet considerable. Has some interesting hidden stuff in his personality, but nothing too serious. The only one from my favorites I could picture wanting to hang out with in RL.

ย 

The Worst Thing: Theron is the most forgettable of the four. I do sometimes wonder if I'd still consider him one of my favorites if I wasn't a straight woman who happens to find him attractive, or if I'd just think he's cool but not cool enough to put in lists like this.

ย 

Greedy!!!! :eek: Good for you =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Vector is by far my favorite.

ย 

First and foremost, his voice, accent, and speech patterns are so soothing. He's intelligent, open to other cultures and a true diplomat. I find him being part of the hive both intriguing and appealing. He's also wholly devoted to my agent(s).

ย 

I can't think of anything that I don't like about him. He's actually very different to men I find attractive IRL and yet I still think he's perfect the way he is.

ย 

I wish I could encounter him on other classes.

Oh this is sooooooo hard.

ย 

1. Kira: She's awesome, she's imperfect, she's vulnerable, she's tough, and extremely selfless. However her speech is too juvenile for her age.

ย 

ย 

2. Vector: All-around perfection. He just trusts the Empire for far too long.

ย 

ย 

3.Arcann: Sucker for a redemption arc. Con, the robotic arm.

I don't think a have any one favourite, but let's give it a try:

ย 

I'm fond of Quinn, but he's been mentioned enough already so I'll go with another couple of favorites.

ย 

Talos Drellik he's just such an enthusiastic and happy little tomb raider . My Inquisitors all adore him. My least favourite thing about Talos is that one flirt you get with him on Hoth that goes nowhere. The going nowhere part, not the flirt part.

ย 

Risha has a great backstory and a fun romance and friendship arc. I also like having a companion who you work for (at least initially) rather than the other way around. My least favourite thing about her character is that Risha comes across as too greedy and selfish sometimes.

Apart from Arcann, for me my favourite is Lieutenant "hit em aarrrrd" Pierce. I just find him adorable and a bit rough round the edges (I love that) the snide remarks between him and Quinn on Taris are funny and I wish he could have been more than just a casual romance partner.

ย 

I dislike that he was not a proper romance option, given what happens to the Warrior in chapter 3.

Please don't bash other people's opinions, just talk about what you like and dislike about your own! No companion is perfect right? :)

ย 

:mon_trap:

ย 

I love Ashara as an apprentice and even more as a friend. When I started my first toon ever, a LS Sorc, I did not spoil the story by reading up on anything about the game so everything was new, and up to that point I had been playing with the same sort of morality and agency that she has and the fact that they gave such a perfect companion for that playstyle made her my instant favorite and no other has come close. I had no idea that they would make a companion that fit with my LS Sorc so well--I was really expecting all Sith would get dark and unnuanced edgelord companions.

ย 

I hate that the writers are tone deaf about how she plays to a DS Sith. I don't mean they just don't mesh, I mean she spouts off about nonsense that was never talked about as if you were LS all along. From that perspective I do get the hate, but I feel that's not her fault at all, they just didn't bother to change ANY of her dialogue no matter what you say to her. If they had done the same thing they did with Jaesa, it would have been sublime. And they botched the 2-min return (felt more like 30 seconds) for both friends and haters. I felt like the deep connection I had with her was cut abruptly even with her standing right next to me, and having no control whatsoever over that was upsetting to me. I almost ragequit the whole game after that sorry scene...

I love Torian; he's the only companion that I play as a LI. Most male companions are too beta for me. However, Kira is by far my favorite companion and I would love to have her as a companion on all my characters (except on my BH). I love Kira's 'punky' attitude, her story and Laura Bailey's voice.

:mon_trap:

ย 

I love Ashara as an apprentice and even more as a friend. When I started my first toon ever, a LS Sorc, I did not spoil the story by reading up on anything about the game so everything was new, and up to that point I had been playing with the same sort of morality and agency that she has and the fact that they gave such a perfect companion for that playstyle made her my instant favorite and no other has come close. I had no idea that they would make a companion that fit with my LS Sorc so well--I was really expecting all Sith would get dark and unnuanced edgelord companions.

ย 

I hate that the writers are tone deaf about how she plays to a DS Sith. I don't mean they just don't mesh, I mean she spouts off about nonsense that was never talked about as if you were LS all along. From that perspective I do get the hate, but I feel that's not her fault at all, they just didn't bother to change ANY of her dialogue no matter what you say to her. If they had done the same thing they did with Jaesa, it would have been sublime. And they botched the 2-min return (felt more like 30 seconds) for both friends and haters. I felt like the deep connection I had with her was cut abruptly even with her standing right next to me, and having no control whatsoever over that was upsetting to me. I almost ragequit the whole game after that sorry scene...

ย 

Yeah, she never shuts up about "Don't make me break my Jedi teachings" than she helps you slaughter 15 Jedi. But that's fine.

ย 

A lot of people have sited Jaesa's option to turn her to the Darkside has often been used as a template for what other classes could have with their companions [as approriate] Ashara is the one that people often tried to have a similar option with and they really really should have done that. It doesn't make anymore sense on one of the other, they are both force users and they are both Darksider default classes who get Lightside companions by default.

ย 

Sith Warrior was very fortunate in that regard, and even more so because they are the only class in the game that can have 2 wives! heh

ย 

Yeah, I'm not passing that up! I'm a Sithlord and I should be allowed to have as many wives as I want! MMuahaha

ย 

It's too bad that they place some restrictions on this class or that one, and make things people would have liked to have the opportunity to explore and enjoy in their own story in their own right.

ย 

Hopefully perhaps at some point they'll realize that massive untapped potential this game has in way of the companions dynamic, something is unrivaled in MMOs. It would be so easy for BW to incite more players to and back to the game to explore new romance options [old and new]. People are head of heels about Companions in this game and it would be so easy make players happy in even just that one simple way.

ย 

Who knows, maybe some day they'll realize that and do something with it. Sorry you got Ded over with Ashara's return,

ย 

To bad BW doesn't know the power of the Darkside of the Force!!! :D

1. Dark Side Jaesa: Love the way her voice actress delivers her lines, and I love that sheโ€™s so devoted to the Dark Side. I enjoy her maniac side, itโ€™s balanced out by my Warriorโ€™s more grand, authoritarian, and in-control personality. I donโ€™t like that she made me break up with Vette. I mean, like, if youโ€™re so devoted to the Sith, then you must allow me to follow ALL my passions, not just you. Obviously, this is my Sith side speaking, I am a great proponent of fidelity in real life ;)

ย 

2. Gus Tuno: This guy is hilarious, tells great stories, and is a Mon Calamari. I hate that heโ€™s not as central to the story as someone like Koth is, I think he couldโ€™ve fit in great being one of Kothโ€™s crew after you got carbon-frozen.

ย 

3. Lord Scourge: I adore the conversations you can have with him as both Light and Dark Side Jedi. The philosophy clash is fantastic, and I wish he were romanceable (I think they will make him romanceable someday). I ABHOR the fact that heโ€™s not here yet. Like, why God? I need him. I called him an idiot once for calling me out about rescuing Doc in the Jedi Knight ending mission and it was hilarious. Then Kiraโ€™s all like, โ€œThis is going to be a long flight back home...โ€ implying we bickered the whole way back to the Republic fleet.

No-brainer for me -

ย 

Jaesa [Darkside]

ย 

I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite thing about her, her <bleep> rack, or her <bleep> a**.

It kinda depends on which direction she's walking in. [Hey, you asked :D]

ย 

There is nothing about her I don't like. Anything that let's you put a collar on them [with a leash option] is awesome and I love that quality in anything. It's like symbolic of it knowing it's place. She's not all that great at the domestic stuff like woman's work but nobodies perfect. Upside is she doesn't take it personally when I slap her around some which is an awesome quality in any woman. She absolutely rules.

ย 

And that's why she's one of my wives.

ย 

P.S. - Lightside Jaesa is pointless, she doesn't put out so why waste your time that Jedi crap POV.

ย 

P.P.S. - This was for humor purposes only and not to advocate any sort of male dominance or out-dated mode of thinking. Yeah....that's what I meant...But just in case, see you guys in 3 days, 1 week, or 3 months.

ย 

You really need to take a step back and think about how you come across to other people. To me, you sound like a hormonal teenager who's never actually spoken to a woman in real life, other than possibly his mother. It's fine to live out your fantasies through a video game, but try keeping all that stuff in your own head.

As so many companions come in different flavours and we all like our personal ones, there must be something about your favourite companion you really like and dislike yeah?

Or at least so I'd assume!

ย 

I got all the hot boys in chest harnesses or unfettered trench coats and such, including Koth and Quinn, Torian, and Theron. Those are my favorite comps.

ย 

T-7 is also one of my favorites, but he refuses to wear the chest harness and the unfettered trenchcoat is a bit long for him.

ย 

ย 

You really need to take a step back and think about how you come across to other people. To me, you sound like a hormonal teenager who's never actually spoken to a woman in real life, other than possibly his mother. It's fine to live out your fantasies through a video game, but try keeping all that stuff in your own head.

ย 

Meh. I've never bowed to prudishness, and I'm on the high side of 50, not a hormonal teenager, and I like hot comps just like WarriorX.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I like most of the companions, but Arcann is my favourite. TBH, I often log in just to hang out with him.

ย 

He just has everything I love in a character:

• A dark, tragic past. I really have a weakness for people who are a little broken, but keep fighting anyway.
  • Daddy issues - but also the ability to eventually overcome those issues (something I admire and relate to).
  • Anger management issues (in the beginning - see above).
  • In many ways, his own worst enemy. I love this trope.
  • Excellent dialogue. Unlike Vaylin (and please note this is just my personal opinion), there's no cheesy wise-cracking when Arcann kills someone.
  • Writes the most beautiful letters.
  • An awesome visual design. I'm a sucker for masks, scars and bad guys wearing white. Also, he looks really cool in combat. And I love the robotic arm!
  • Amazing voice acting. Dellums' voice is delicious, of course, but I especially love the subtle change after Arcann is redeemed.
  • Wants to kill you, then wants to love you. I adore the enemies to lovers trope. Thanks for making it happen, Bioware!

ย 

Ok, I'll stop :p There's nothing I don't like about him, but I do wish his redemption arc and the romance weren't so rushed. Such massive changes in a character need to be developed over time and I really hope we get more interactions with him. Unlike some of his fans, I have no problem with his redeemed behaviour, however. I think he's humble, deeply regretful, somewhat overwhelmed and very, very sweet :o I don't know what sort of Commander would put up with edgy behaviour from a former enemy, so I'm glad he doesn't act that way. I think it takes a lot of courage to approach your former nemesis the way Arcann does, admit you were wrong and give up everything you once fought for to do what's right. That's more than tough enough for me.

Edited by witchglove

I got all the hot boys in chest harnesses or unfettered trench coats and such, including Koth and Quinn, Torian, and Theron. Those are my favorite comps.

ย 

T-7 is also one of my favorites, but he refuses to wear the chest harness and the unfettered trenchcoat is a bit long for him.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Meh. I've never bowed to prudishness, and I'm on the high side of 50, not a hormonal teenager, and I like hot comps just like WarriorX.

ย 

I'm not talking about liking "hot comps", I'm referring to the abusive fantasies WarriorX has going on in his head about slapping women around, using them as slaves, blah blah blah etc. I don't care that he has these fantasies as long as they stay in his head, and by putting them out there on a forum, yes, he sounds like a hormonal teenager. I'm surprised you found that so difficult to comprehend.

Vette:

Sense of humor is spot on, but then again i like the darker sider of black humor.

Despite her defense mechanism of getting a bit chatty, she is an honest woman trapped by her past as a slave.

Generally good mannered, but willing to show her teeth when needed.

Knows her way around a gun and a battlefield as well as tech.

Loyal to you as a friend (light side and correct choices to go with).

ย 

Thing i like least about Vette is the name of that assault cannon she picked up in FE, "spewie". It's just a revolting name.

Edited by Celise

Thereon Shan . Dressed in his mother's clothes. Makes me smile every time. ( Or dressed as Elvis)

She Vizsla - Coz voice acting.

Kalio - Coz better to have an anarchist at your side than running loose on your ship.

Veeroa Denz - blue chicks with 2 lightsabres - that never gets old.

Risha with the 10-Kilometer Killer sniping at everything that moves.

HK - See under Kalio and Risha.

Nadia. Goth/emo girl with double-lightsabre. Neat.

Tanno Vic - coz someone's gotta love him. - Same with Gault and Skadge.

Lana Beniko with the Cyborg Construct helmet - since she benefits from the Lobotomy.

ย 

Basically any companion that no one else likes or you don't see often. Affection to max, cranking out damage.

Each of my characters has a different primary companion. My favorite thing about them is the ability to use customizations and outfits, so they match my character's personality and don't look like all the others.

ย 

I love Pierce as a companion, after that Theron, Torian, Blizz, and HK.

Pierce has an interesting point of view and I love the way he trash talks Quinn (and plays the secret lover).

Theron is smart, funny, and darned useful in a crisis.

Blizz makes me laugh. Plus he's a Jawa and well... i'm a huge fan of the original trilogy.

HK also makes me laugh, plus he works great as a Light or Dark side companion.

ย 

Pierce, Theron, and Torian all have amazing voice actors and interesting dialog.

I love how they make side comments when you enter locations or during cut scenes.

ย 

My least favorite companion is Broonmark He's really a one-track, one-note guy. Slash! Kill! That's it.

After him, I dislike Scorpio, who also doesn't have any range in the class story, but is somewhat better in KOTET.

Kaliyo is the opposite, I liked her better in the class story and less during KOTET.

Edited by Xina_LA

ย 

3. Lord Scourge: I adore the conversations you can have with him as both Light and Dark Side Jedi. The philosophy clash is fantastic, and I wish he were romanceable (I think they will make him romanceable someday). I ABHOR the fact that heโ€™s not here yet. Like, why God? I need him. I called him an idiot once for calling me out about rescuing Doc in the Jedi Knight ending mission and it was hilarious. Then Kiraโ€™s all like, โ€œThis is going to be a long flight back home...โ€ implying we bickered the whole way back to the Republic fleet.

ย 

ooh, I have to play another JK through the story again. I don't remember all those side talks :D

ย 

On topic:

I have a soft spot for Gault. He is funny and makes me laugh, and the state of the Galaxy and all those dark lords running around trying to wreck it, you need a guy who can make you laugh.

The least favorable thing about him is that he chooses another love interest :(