Give Shadows/Assassin Weapon Choice

SithKoriandr

Let Shadow's and Assassin's choose between double bladed lightsaber or single bladed lightsaber!

PLEASE! :)

They won't unfortunately. Not saying y

It's not a good suggestion just not a realistic one. They would have to go back and redo all the cutscenes, ability animations, etc to cover for whichever is currently used.

It's why if your playing a sentinel / marauder you always only use one lightsaber in cut scenes, it's why the trooper uses a blaster in cut scenes and not their actual weapon.

Unfortunately everything is weapon locked and if they changed it for shadows / assassin's they would be expected to do the same for all classes.

They won't unfortunately. Not saying y

It's not a good suggestion just not a realistic one. They would have to go back and redo all the cutscenes, ability animations, etc to cover for whichever is currently used.

It's why if your playing a sentinel / marauder you always only use one lightsaber in cut scenes, it's why the trooper uses a blaster in cut scenes and not their actual weapon.

Unfortunately everything is weapon locked and if they changed it for shadows / assassin's they would be expected to do the same for all classes.

I would think force users all get the same scene, so a Shadow/Assassin using a single saber, would just get the same scene as all the other force users.

As for the other classes. I wouldn't see a reason why many of them wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

Why? Why do we *need* that? I don't need that. Some people might *want* that, but it isn't necessary.

The game needs something to bring back old players and that just might be it :) Won't know until we try. Start with the Shadow/Assassin, see if it brings players back, and if it does move onto another class! Maybe Trooper/Hunter?

The game needs something to bring back old players and that just might be it :) Won't know until we try. Start with the Shadow/Assassin, see if it brings players back, and if it does move onto another class! Maybe Trooper/Hunter?

There are far bigger issues in the game that need to be addressed that would be far more effective in bringing back players. This is not one of them and would have little to. O impact on the player base coming back.

There are far bigger issues in the game that need to be addressed that would be far more effective in bringing back players. This is not one of them and would have little to. O impact on the player base coming back.

Okay. Bigger issues.

Now tell me, what bigger issues are there, that those in charge of animation, couldn't come up with a new animation for the single blade, so the skill works with either weapon?

What animation issue are they working on, that they couldn't be doing this? It's not making a new class, not working on the story and a lot of stuff isn't that much different from older stuff in terms of aesthetics.

So, what is the important issue the animators need to take care of?

And as an add on to this, they went in and redid all the beginning chat scenes. That wasn't needed, but they did it.

Edited by SithKoriandr

Okay. Bigger issues.

Now tell me, what bigger issues are there, that those in charge of animation, couldn't come up with a new animation for the single blade, so the skill works with either weapon?

I think you're well aware that Nightblazer didn't mean that.

Nightblazer clearly meant that there are other issues elsewhere in the game that have a far greater impact on the game's ability to attract new and returning players. The cost of adding the necessary animations and so on to one pair of classes is pretty much guaranteed to exceed any possible "attracts returning players" benefit from the work.

I think you're well aware that Nightblazer didn't mean that.

Nightblazer clearly meant that there are other issues elsewhere in the game that have a far greater impact on the game's ability to attract new and returning players. The cost of adding the necessary animations and so on to one pair of classes is pretty much guaranteed to exceed any possible "attracts returning players" benefit from the work.

I would think they have animators on hand, who's job is to animate, with programmers on hand to take care of other programming issues.

It doesn't seem like this would be that big of an issue other than, "We just don't want to."

I would think they have animators on hand, who's job is to animate, with programmers on hand to take care of other programming issues.

It doesn't seem like this would be that big of an issue other than, "We just don't want to."

Animators have other things to work on. New armors/weapons/pets/mounts .. currently the cutscenes for Ossus or whatever comes after.

Also, seems like you're being one-sided about this. If shadows/assassins get to have all of their abilities work with a single blade then knights/warriors should get all of their abilities to work with a double-bladed saber. Why stop there thought? Let them all use dual sabers, too. And smugglers get to use rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons. Oh and agents can use assault cannons too! ... etc.,

... and I'm being sarcastic about this. My personal belief is shadows and assassins are fine with double-bladed lightsabers.

Animators have other things to work on. New armors/weapons/pets/mounts .. currently the cutscenes for Ossus or whatever comes after.

Also, seems like you're being one-sided about this. If shadows/assassins get to have all of their abilities work with a single blade then knights/warriors should get all of their abilities to work with a double-bladed saber. Why stop there thought? Let them all use dual sabers, too. And smugglers get to use rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons. Oh and agents can use assault cannons too! ... etc.,

... and I'm being sarcastic about this. My personal belief is shadows and assassins are fine with double-bladed lightsabers.

I am fine with that. I just know that Shadows/Assassins can use single blade lightsabers, they just have some skills that don't work with them.

What you should be thinking about is how much the change would *add* to the game's income compared to the amount it would cost to do it. If it costs more to add than it would bring in terms of new revenue, then it's a "no" even if it only costs $5 for them to do it. (Yes, even though they have the required people on staff being paid anyway - and you left out QA people - any chunk of work has to be evaluated based on how much the assigned staff are paid for the time they spend working on it. In this way, they can obtain a relative cost of doing this piece of work or that piece of work.)

Would not the animation just be the same as for the Jedi Sage or Sith Assassin. Not really sure how much work would need to be done. Sage and Shadow have the exact same story.

Note sure why this is necessary all the same and cannot see it bringing back players. If you want a single blade then pick Sage. That's really is the choice. However the "oh to much work redoing animations" is not really a valid argument at all.