Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Play the way you want???

BallisticKaine
09.06.2019 , 12:06 PM | #1
Well considering that you guys are making changes that no one asked for yet again. How can we play how we want? You are taking away set bonuses that have been in game for 3 years. The new ones are nothing special that don't break the game but yet won't make endgame content playable (IMO). All the current set bonuses affect how DPS gets that extra boost from sets, Healers don't feel starved to keep the team alive, and how Tanks can keep the agro of the boss fights. You said during the stream that this is a play how you want to, but in actuality it's play how you want us to play under your rules.

Here is an idea for us to play how we want. Leave current set bonuses in game, introduce the new ones, and also bring back the pre 3.0 set bonuses. Make the bonuses stack at 3/5/7 combos. That way we can mix and match set bonuses. Heck I have seen since 3.0 set bonuses got introduced that people still used the pre 3.0 due to some of those bonuses. They are still in game so there is no reason this can't actually happen.

SteveTheCynic
09.06.2019 , 12:28 PM | #2
I'm inclined to cite a famous line attributed to Henry Ford...

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."
-- Henry Ford, in a sales meeting in 1909.

It seems appropriate in this situation.

And yes, SteveTheCynic is showing signs of being a cynic. Why are you surprised?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Up the Universe!

JattaGin
09.10.2019 , 01:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BallisticKaine View Post
Well considering that you guys are making changes that no one asked for yet again.
It all comes down to this, yes.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
And yes, SteveTheCynic is showing signs of being a cynic. Why are you surprised?
What do you mean? Who is surprised?

Ontopic, I do not think that 6.0 enables me to play the way I want. The current PTS state actually makes me not want to play anymore.

I've been on this board since 2009, if I remember correctly. Except for when I was really angry about how they handled that one big exploit in early 2015, I have always been quite balanced: pro and contra.

But this, right now, the coming 6.0... all I have to say at this point is: total BS! Sorry.

I'll play Star Wars Puzzle on my phone now. That's more fun.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

well
09.10.2019 , 07:51 PM | #4
Those post summed it up pretty much. I don't think it will work out well.

Totemdancer
09.10.2019 , 09:50 PM | #5
I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop since I heard “play your way” announced.

6.0 sounds more like “play your way as long as you play it the way we want”.

My response to changes on PTS

Crafting = absolutely terrible
Gearing complexity = bad
RNG = “Really Not Good”
Grind = when will they learn
Conquest = stop trying again

The only thing I’ve seen that I like is the seperate storage for mats. But even that’s not set up properly with sorting and layout.

They have a LOT of work to do before October 22nd for 6.0 to be a success. Fingers crossed they dial back the extremes on all of it by 80% and squash and bugs before release.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

OlBuzzard
09.10.2019 , 10:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I'm inclined to cite a famous line attributed to Henry Ford...

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."
-- Henry Ford, in a sales meeting in 1909.

It seems appropriate in this situation.

LOL !!

I've hear that … and yeah very apropos !

Those of us who enjoy bass fishing have one that similar...
" Does the color you throw matter... nope as long as it's green! "

I have to meditate now …

Breathe in …. breathe out !!

UMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

scardera
09.11.2019 , 06:32 AM | #7
6.0 gearing system is a nightmare its worse than 5.0 command

olagatonjedi
09.11.2019 , 12:19 PM | #8
"Play your way," not "loot your way." There is a difference.

Balameb
09.11.2019 , 01:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
"Play your way," not "loot your way." There is a difference.
Except that..... in the grand scheme of 6.0, with its itemizations; BW idea is that people should change how they play with their gear of choice (its theirs idea, not mine, look at streams and early "itemization" posts). So, basically, how we loot is tied to how we play.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

ZionHalcyon
09.11.2019 , 01:57 PM | #10
I am going to be honest.

I find all this immature handwringing and FUD nauseating.

I don't know if the devs are going to get it right - I really don't.

But what I do know?

THIS group, THIS KEITH-LED GROUP, has communicated with the players on PTS the entire time, has MADE CHANGES based on player feedback (see Tacticals from PTS1.5 to now), and has been communicating with us the ENTIRE TIME, even letting us know we may want to take a break from the PTS as they won't have the changes based on our feedback ready until next week.

People can shove all their Ben-Irving PTSD up their hindquarters for the way people are acting like immature children and carrying on like this game is the cure to cancer if only the developers would do EXACTLY as they say - and no, not exactly as the players say... oh no, no, no.

Exactly as THAT ONE INDIVIDUAL POSTER/ PLAYER says. And in those threads, those people will misrepresent themselves as representing ALL players, when really, they are only representing themselves. And let's say the developers DO listen to that one poster/player. Well hell, now you just pissed off about 500 for that one who thinks the developers should have listened EXACTLY to them instead, because those sole individuals each represent ALL PLAYERS even though every single one has a different idea about how the developers should go about making the game.

The narcisissm is nauseating.

And to cap it all off, I'd bet my house 80% (and that is a LOW estimate) of the people complaining aren't even ON PTS or haven't tested a dang thing, or if they have, spent 10 minutes, and then logged out, ranting that everything "sucks" without offering any real constructive feedback or details on what's bad and HOW it could be better. That, or they essentially want the entire game recoded with a brand new system of doing things in a month, and when confronted with the impossibility of that, claim it is possible because their cousin's brother's uncle Roger knows a programmer who coded an exact replica of World of Warcraft in 3 days...

Look.

I'll be the first to give it to the developers when they get it wrong. I've been MORE than harsh on many number of occasions.

But when they are responding to feedback, I'll admit my fear is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" attitude from them - after all, they ARE responding. Not as quick as we all like, and no telling if they will get it right, I will agree on that.

But they are at least trying this time, and to see the forums be this petulant is just disheartening. I actually had someone tell me on Reddit last month that their destructive and childish moaning helped the game more than those of us testing and giving constructive feedback - I can't even imagine the type of fantasy world a person lives in to believe something like that to be true...