RD-13A Chestguard

KnownError

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can find this (besides the GTN). Is there a specific place this drops at? Thanks to everyone that replies and helps out! :)

Seems to be a world drop from mobs on Nar Shaddaa and Republic Taris/Imperial Balmorra according to TOR Fashion.

You might have to explain that more detailed for me. I'm a newb to the game and platform. :)

It's a random world drop, from level appropriate mobs. There is no way to specify what mob will drop it for you...only what planet (ie: level range) where it exists in the loot tables for random drops.

Your best bet to get one is to farm Champion Bosses on Nar Shadda IMO. I made a lot of credits farming and selling these early in the life of the game. You have ~2-3% chance (that's my observation) for the chest to drop from a Champion. It used to be better drop rates.. but they nerfed the crap out of Bosses quite a while ago to discourage farming.

The drop rate on the GTN is much much better. :p If you are patient.. you will probably find one at discount prices on the GTN.. but you need to get lucky on price.. since some players just list to dump.. and others will scoop up an RD-13 and relist it at your servers market price. Like many rare random world drops..... it's often faster to just earn the credits to buy it off the GTN then to try to farm it yourself.

Edited by Andryah

Hiho :cool: ...

I hope this will help you a bit...

http://www.torhead.com/item/bEpgE9L/rd-13a-raider-chestguard#dropped-by

There you have a list of Mobs which perhaps could drop the RD-13A chest... BUT(!!) you should remember that - as far as I am aware of - the drop is adjusted to your Character-Level..! That means the higher your Level the lower the possiblity to get a good drop (orange Item for example)..! So if you try to farm those Mobs with lets say a Level 55 Char you will have to farm for quite some time :( ...

Kage

There you have a list of Mobs which perhaps could drop the RD-13A chest... BUT(!!) you should remember that - as far as I am aware of - the drop is adjusted to your Character-Level..! That means the higher your Level the lower the possiblity to get a good drop (orange Item for example)..! So if you try to farm those Mobs with lets say a Level 55 Char you will have to farm for quite some time :( ...

Kage

Oh wow that's very helpful! Thank you so much! Does it matter that I'm about 5 levels about the 20-21 level? Wasn't sure if it would make that big of a difference.

Kage

Does that mean if I get the armor at level 20, and I finally get to level 55 with mods to add to it, that it will not increase the value of the armor? Or will it go up to a level 55 armor because of the level 55 mods?

Does that mean if I get the armor at level 20, and I finally get to level 55 with mods to add to it, that it will not increase the value of the armor? Or will it go up to a level 55 armor because of the level 55 mods?

Any armor (or weapon for the matter) that can have mods put in it has its "Item Level" (the basic rating of how 'good' it is) determined solely by those mods.

If at level 11 you acquired the Esseles Consular's Robe, and then at level 55 put in an Advanced Resolve Armoring 36, an Advanced Aptitude Mod 36 and an Advanced Adept Enhancement 36 for the mods, then it would have exactly the same stats (and listed Item Level) as the Dread Master Force-Master's Vestments, which starts with those same mods (currently the best in the game).

Any armor (or weapon for the matter) that can have mods put in it has its "Item Level" (the basic rating of how 'good' it is) determined solely by those mods.

If at level 11 you acquired the Esseles Consular's Robe, and then at level 55 put in an Advanced Resolve Armoring 36, an Advanced Aptitude Mod 36 and an Advanced Adept Enhancement 36 for the mods, then it would have exactly the same stats (and listed Item Level) as the Dread Master Force-Master's Vestments, which starts with those same mods (currently the best in the game).

Oh okay good then. But it is all based on that gear being adaptable. So basically I need to be looking for the adaptable armor if I want to continue having it up to level 55. Thanks!

Oh okay good then. But it is all based on that gear being adaptable. So basically I need to be looking for the adaptable armor if I want to continue having it up to level 55. Thanks!

not necessarily. any moddable armor can work as long as its the highest armor rating your character can wear (so lets say for bounty hunter, that would be heavy) adoptive armor adjusts automatically, while set armor rating shells don't, but other than that (and you being unable to wear armor that's higher armor rating than what's allowed - like for example sorcerer not being able to wear heavy or medium shells) - they work in identical fashion to adoptive armors