(PvP) Star Wars: The Old Republic (Time)

MedeHawk

To start, I just want to let everyone know I'm a 50 Mercenary Bodyguard, and have been that spec since day one and leveled with it the whole way. I love my character, and there's a reason I'm a legit Battlemaster (doesn't mean much anymore) and people know me. I play well and I do it partly because even though mechanics and responsiveness in this game leave something to be desired, my niche is in healing and my Bodyguard does it best. On to the meat!

I've had tons of fun playing, but I think it's time to take a break and play other games for awhile. My guild has extremely gifted PvPers who have played together for awhile, and the fact is a few have left because of what this game doesn't offer us in terms of balanced PvP. I'm not saying we get rolled, it's the exact opposite. I don't believe we've been beaten too often when playing Warzones, and regularly take on more than our own modest number when we stumble on open-world PvP. It's boring to fight the same people every day, and watch them see you come into a battleground and immediately after the game starts begin leaving. We won't even get into my attempts at having battles with guilds outside of Ilum. Being flat out told no by a guilds leadership who promotes themselves as Hardcore PvP gives you an idea.

Warzones have become boring, and on the occasions we do lose it has a lot to do with team composition and fresh 50s with no Exp. It's sad that I actually get more fun and frustration out of losing(fighting my four guildies against a good 4-man premade with awesome pug support), than I do winning 9/10 against premades that leave, have no exp, or who (in my opinion) give up and sit there hoping it's over sooner. 1/10 (it feels like) put up a good fight and make it fun to win.

The absolute worst, are the guilds who say they're good at PvP, and have Battlemasters or War Heros, but give up on the objective just to attempt to get some kills on you or exploit to try and win. You know who you are, and you're pathetic. If this game tracked Win/Lose ratio you'd be shown for the absolute scrubs you are.

Anyway... I love this game, I waited years for it and I think it could become something great (do not read that as fanboy, I just love my healer) so I am going to put it on the back burner for awhile same as the rest of my guild. I am personally going to leave my account active so I can hop in from time to time but I think taking the focus off this game and going to do some PvP in an MMO with more support for it will be good for a time. This game could crash and burn, be mediocre, or become something extremely playable and liked by millions. The problem is until it's fun for me and my friends I need something else to entertain our need for competitive PvP.

Edited by MedeHawk

you should take your guild to republic, they need your help.

Thought about it, was our first choice. Unfortunately we'll still play the same people, and the game is what's really letting us down at the moment.

When we come back I may give up my bodyguard to help republic though, hate the imbalance on our server.

You cared enough to troll by posting nobody cares.

/love

Anyway not leaving, but you'd actually have to read what I typed to understand the message.

I did read it. You're whining about not having fun in PvP and you're leaving to play another game. Great! Don't let the door hit ya in the ...

I did read it. You're whining about not having fun in PvP and you're leaving to play another game. Great! Don't let the door hit ya in the ...

No, you clearly missed the real message. Don't assume every player who posts something to be whining just because they aren't posting "ZOMG I LOVE EVERYTHING". Oh well, I'm sure you'll learn with time.

This!

Tell your guild and go.

Don't mislead us into reading your QQing by posting "PvP" in the title. Just leave.

Definitely missing the point. Let me try and break it down for you.

-Love my class, which makes me love the game

-Unfortunately, game isn't supporting need for competitive PvP

-Want to give it some time without getting burnout playing only this game

-Going to focus on another game, while continuing to casually log in and keep up with it

-Not leaving, just changing priorities until some things get a bit more attention

Get it yet? Not a QQ, just observations of the game and the state of PvP for my group, along with talking about what we've decided to do. Don't understand why you(and others like you) try and latch on to every post like it's some crazy thing about people saying their leaving forever and try to troll. Most of them may be, but not this one.

Hello all,

Feedback is always important and we always appreciate constructive feedback, whether positive or negative. Allison has a great thread with information on what we are looking for in feedback.

We know that the community is always looking for developer input on issues and one of the best ways to keep up-to-date on developer posts is through the Developer Tracker. Some examples of what you can find on the developer tracker right now:

You may also be interested in our new blog feature where developers will give their thoughts on aspects of the game, clarification on issues and server related messages like patch notes or maintenance times.

We are going to go ahead and close the thread, but we did want to point out a couple of spiffy threads where you can give us your specific feedback on bugs and suggest features you would like to see in-game:

The Suggestion Compilation Thread

Ultimate Bug List

Both are great threads that are updated regularly so we highly encourage you to add in your feedback to one, or both of those threads.

Edited by Averran