Season 4 Reward Blog Discussion Thread

AlexModny

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you really wanna do this right you will make it so that when someone is beaten by a team with a higher rating say 200 point difference they take almost no negative points and the team that one wins gets no positive points so that people cant just queue when they know they will win and then not queue when there is real competition. i.e swapping factions when the other is getting rolled. on top of that fail on the separating rewards now we don't get any queues at all because only team is useful to anyone. You should have had separate crystals so i hope you don't sleep well tonight the individual who came up with that idea.

I don't know if it's too late to post anything else on this thread, but I feel like this is an important question....

Are you guys gonna fix the un-interruptable lightning sorc bug? It's really annoying when I'm facing them in warzones and can't interrupt their force storm or whirlwind...

Or is it already fixed?

Quote from "We've Haven't Been Able to Interrupt Sorcerers/Sages In 3 Months,Can We Fix That Yet?" thread:

The combat team is working on this bug, and will get it fixed ASAP! Currently, though, I don't have any indication of the update it will be included in.

I don't know if it's too late to post anything else on this thread, but I feel like this is an important question....

Are you guys gonna fix the un-interruptable lightning sorc bug? It's really annoying when I'm facing them in warzones and can't interrupt their force storm or whirlwind...

Or is it already fixed?

Quote from "We've Haven't Been Able to Interrupt Sorcerers/Sages In 3 Months,Can We Fix That Yet?" thread:

It's meant to be fixed in 3.1.2. Though in one of the earlier iterations of that patch on the pts it wasn't properly fixed (some classes still couldn't interrupt), and I never went on to test if it was fixed later on.

Edited by diadox

Really Bioware? You can't even add Armor set like last season? Yet you add decorations? Is it so hard to re skin and add some lights to some armor and make it legacy bound? Seems like that's all you do for the cartel market anyway... Very disappointing, considering I got 1850+ rating to be safe just to get the armor, like last season.

Am I the only one thinking these so called "mounts" are making this entire game seem, feel and look less and less like Star Wars and more like something out of a hello kitty like carnival of ***?!

What's the deal with all of this crazy stuff we see around, it keeps on coming more and more too. I used to really enjoy this game back in the days, as the Star Wars\KOTOR fan that I am, but seriously..BW, you're totally ruining this with every cartel item and update you throw at it. Hovering chairs with datacrons lighting it up like a Christmas tree, people riding around on their very own mini-Rancor like it's as domestic as any other pet out there..I mean..it's a rancor! It's supposed to be big, monstrous and viscous! Then there's speeders looking like Donald Ducks own personal car going "honk-honk" every time you use it. And the list goes on and on! I've been taking it and kept my mouth shut, but looking at the monstrosity you've presented as a mount in this article, my spine shivers by the very thought of encountering these, having my every bit of immersion blown out of my system, leaving such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't resist the urge to log out. :mad:

At least you took a step in the right direction with housing, how about adding something to the game-system that makes spending time in our strongholds fun too, other than decorating it. Let us have actual functioning pazaak tables, so that we can invite friends over to play for instance. How about adding podracing in the game world? I think it would be great to see customizable speeders for instance, like upgradeable engine parts and design. Then you'd take it to the racing lane. Do something other than just spewing out those horrible creations on the cartel market please, just something good for once.

Bring back the Star Wars factor to SWTOR!

Better make class specific tiers. Everybody understand there is no balance. Especially in arenas. So why tiers should be equal? Also this would encourage more non fotm players reg yolo. For example:

Merc: 900/1200/1400

Assassin: 1100/1400/1700.

THIS ^ Untill the classes are balanced, the tiers shouldn't be the same for all classes!

Edited by AmarantKando

Now that Solo ranked can't get the black/silver crystals from tier 3 I'm seeing people spamming fleet chat for grouped invites for a quick 10 games.... Ranked rewards are becoming more and more of a joke the more devs tamper with the conditions.

I have also seen this. They should have left it with solo rewards and given notice at the end of the season that season 5 would be different or they should have had these ready during the preseason so that we could have been doing team all along. now everyone that feels screwed will just get a group of 8 sync queue to 10 and call it even. for solos 1150/1200 should have been tier 2 so that classes with issues would still have people playing them to provide more feed back for balancing but it seems like they dont care. better use referral codes and start purchasing authorizations so you dont have to sub anymore.

Edited by blackopsranger

Now that Solo ranked can't get the black/silver crystals from tier 3 I'm seeing people spamming fleet chat for grouped invites for a quick 10 games.... Ranked rewards are becoming more and more of a joke the more devs tamper with the conditions.

yes this is a bizarre decision especially given how solo q is so affected by who you get in your team. Don't mind the floor rating but to make out that those in grouped q are more deserving is just ridiculous. Love to know how they came to this decision.

Love to know how they came to this decision.

They already told us why.

However, one pitfall we saw last season was that players saw a low-hanging fruit reward and wanted it so bad that they were willing to jump into Ranked head first, sometimes without looking where they were jumping beforehand. That caused many frustrations in solo queue. To alleviate this, the Seasonal crystal lockbox will be given out to Tier 3 (Bronze) players in the group queue only.

great, awesome looking things that cheaters can easily acquire and dedicated players might be lucky enough to earn. I hope they look at some of the other threads and see how many of us feel about ranked PVP.

Solo ranked is a joke, group is full of cheater.

Pirate weapons? I am in love!

but now I see this cruel joke will only break my little sith heart.....

They already told us why.

That doesn't explain why average solo players aren't getting any worthwhile rewards but mediocre group players are. Or let me put it another way: why exactly is a mediocre group player entitled to at least half of what a silver tier solo player earns?

That doesn't explain why average solo players aren't getting any worthwhile rewards but mediocre group players are. Or let me put it another way: why exactly is a mediocre group player entitled to at least half of what a silver tier solo player earns?

Because group ranked is a ton more competitive? Because people who put the effort into getting a team going ought to be rewarded?

Also define "worthwhile" Group ranked players are getting everything solo queue gets at the exact same rating cutoffs, only with the crystals.

Edited by Zoom_VI

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry but are you actually suggesting that a solo player who goes 6 and 4 should get nothing but a group player who goes 1 and 9 "deserves" his rewards because he spent ten minutes getting a group together for the more "competitive" queue?

Did anyone ever say "nothing?" no they didn't. Group ranked should have different rewards and different benchmarks for rewards than solo queue, its plain and simple.

Cool rewarding yes.

Soon u could give us ability to create Official Arena Teams with names. Give us chance to create & register them in Warzone Que's window. Many many have been hoping for this to come for a long time. Silly to have given only one pack of Arena's looong time ago and no more since then. Give at least 2x new Arena's in same update & then own Que also for Normal Arena's separated from Normal Warzone que. Many ppl have said in Suggestion Box forum and in game when entered to Arena from Normal Warzone Que that they're not always on the Arena mood.

Same here and giving small grp Arena matches to same que with Warzones is silly and can't be explained with fixing que time or having better chance to do instanced Pvp at late hrs. We need At least couple new Arena's and then own que also for Normal Arena's. When there's at least couple more of them then ppl who wanna do them with with premade teams or que solo will have easier time in que cause of having more locations available :)

There are many locations that can have Arena and beautiful ones actually. Arena could have fireworks after the match ends to make it look more fun and maybe night-time Arena located in Rishi or Dromund Kaas. So yeah give us at least couple new Arena's at same time,ability to create Arena team's & register them and own que also for Normal Arena's. After this 3.1years those changes would be very welcome and appreciated by many fans.

Doing these and giving us few simple basic Mmo features like: Whisper to guildy via Guild Window "can be good in case of awkward marks on name" and also logical way to go. Then to give ability to switch whisper target with Tab key and mean that when having multiple targets whispering to u at same time. Also it's good to browse ppl u've whispered with and can send new msg with less hassle :)

Friendly regards: Long time Subber & Sw Universe Fan.

Edited by Dragen
Made more easy to read