Lack of PvE content in 1.2?

I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this topic, to be honest I'm kind of worried about this "patch" being enough for the dedicated raiding guilds to stick it out. I would hate to see guilds die out due to the lack of content for us to be busy with.

Constructive opinions are welcomed.

Well, as long as people complain about the stuff on test being hard and that's without the nightmare mode being in yet, I believe, it should keep people busy for a bit. But if it is another only 1 or 2 hour raid, well...

That said, while it gives some raiding stuff, I'm actually more worried about the lack of single group incentive. One new HM. Okay, some group dailies, but, quite frankly, I'm dailied out already and the majority of that is single group stuff.

The reason single group content matters to me is because that is something social you can run every day. Without a reason to do things like that, well, I've seen it in other games. People start to log on only for raids. Then they find something else to do those nights they don't log on. And then they quit logging in even for raids, as that something else becomes what they do.

I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this topic, to be honest I'm kind of worried about this "patch" being enough for the dedicated raiding guilds to stick it out. I would hate to see guilds die out due to the lack of content for us to be busy with.

He does have a point, only 1 new operation that has story mode, hard mode, then what for pve op guilds? Run the content over and over for another 3 months?

Make some alts and use the legacy system that can only be used during heroic moment.

Hopefully it does not hurt them in the long run.

Currently, no guild has downed a single boss on hard mode in the new Op to my knowledge. Some guilds have gotten close, but nothing yet. Tuning is very tight and honestly, it is extremely enjoyable because there is a difficulty level in place that makes you want to come back for more punishment.

While there are only 4 encounters, they did say the time between 1.2 and 1.3 should be shorter. IMHO, any content is a welcome change from KP/EV every week.

Well, as long as people complain about the stuff on test being hard and that's without the nightmare mode being in yet, I believe, it should keep people busy for a bit. But if it is another only 1 or 2 hour raid, well...

That said, while it gives some raiding stuff, I'm actually more worried about the lack of single group incentive. One new HM. Okay, some group dailies, but, quite frankly, I'm dailied out already and the majority of that is single group stuff.

The reason single group content matters to me is because that is something social you can run every day. Without a reason to do things like that, well, I've seen it in other games. People start to log on only for raids. Then they find something else to do those nights they don't log on. And then they quit logging in even for raids, as that something else becomes what they do.

Well, the plan, if you believe the torhead leaked patch notes which now seem at least possible, it seems bioware intends to release a new op with every major patch. I.e., 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 will all come with a new op (and potentially some new warzones and FPs). Bioware has stated they intend to keep the time between patches shorter than it was between 1.1 and 1.2, which was extra long due to them needing to get a lot of mechanics in that should've been in at launch. 1.1 came out around 2-3 weeks into January. So, if we can get a new op every 2 months or so? Well.. I can hardly complain, even if there are only 4 bosses.

Most of my guild quit about 6 weeks ago due to boredom / lack of content. I still find the game fun, we will still manage an 8 man HM/NM raid group, but this game as it stands now plays more to the casual raid experience than the hardcore groups many people were used to in WoW.

I enjoy the way these raids play and while I can see why hardcore raiders get frustrated/angry/bored with this game (raided hardcore from Vanilla thru half of Cataclysm until Cata became simply unfun) it still has a lot to offer.

As it stands live right now it runs way better with a ton more to do than WoW at this age. The problem is the bar has been set so high by previous MMO's that everyone gets impatient. I intend on sticking with the game, playing out the classes for their storylines and seeing where it goes.

Overall SWTOR is a game built for the casual raider with some limited harder options available. What kills it most for the high end raiders is the avalanche of loot per boss, which I love. Who wants to grind out a boss for 6 weeks only to have that 1 item never drop, or have it only drop once when 4 people need it? It's not the amount of PVE available, it's the amount of loot per boss that is making people leave. While I am all in favor of the loot tables as they stand, the bottom line is they enable too many people to get too much gear too fast and then, with all their pretty purples, people get bored and leave.

4 new encounters is way too less content for pve raiders.. i'm disappointed :/.

to avoid all the "ololol too easy & game over whine" they will tune it very hard.. somewhere near contentblocking (+ nerf all the healers.. 1up for BW!! - great success.), i guess.

so: instead of giving us more quantity - something like 7/8 bosses with a constant raise in difficulty, they will give us a 4 boss operation... tuned near impossibility in hardmode. after few weeks / months (!) they will release nightmare mode to stretch the tiny amount of content even more. 4 bosses over and over.

fail? ande ye; i know: youre all very, very satisfied with the awesome content-policy from bioware!

disclaimer: i know, patch 1.3 will come.. and the explosive conflict operation is only the half of the new raid-tier. but i expect to play these 4 bosses for 2-3 month at least. fail.

Edited by Elfstrom

so what they expected..?

that kp/ev (with the whole wrong-planed itemloop [no gear from heroic fp's need to gain better loot in faceroll mode / normal mode operations..], lack of difficulty.. etc) will entertain us 6 months? didnt they talk of an aggressive content policity or that theres content produced for 1 year?

Currently, no guild has downed a single boss on hard mode in the new Op to my knowledge. Some guilds have gotten close, but nothing yet. Tuning is very tight and honestly, it is extremely enjoyable because there is a difficulty level in place that makes you want to come back for more punishment.

While there are only 4 encounters, they did say the time between 1.2 and 1.3 should be shorter. IMHO, any content is a welcome change from KP/EV every week.

What he said. After proper story mode tuning, the quality of this content is miles beyond release content. I expect this to be the most enjoyable tier of operations content thus far for casual players and hard core players alike.

4 new encounters is way too less content for pve raiders.. i'm disappointed :/.

to avoid all the "ololol too easy & game over whine" they will tune it very hard.. somewhere near contentblocking (+ nerf all the healers.. 1up for BW!! - great success.), i guess.

I want to say that healers in PvP are OP. They can easily send themselves from 30% to 80% with just 2 casts. I had an instance on Ilum where I was fighting with my friend who is a healer with me as a DPS and we encountered 2 players who were also 1 heals and 1 DPS. Honestly, I kept hammering his healer and the other was hammering mine and the fight went on for literally 3 minutes back and forth while the healers could just restore to max hp with just 2 casts.

Overall SWTOR is a game built for the casual raider with some limited harder options available. What kills it most for the high end raiders is the avalanche of loot per boss, which I love. Who wants to grind out a boss for 6 weeks only to have that 1 item never drop, or have it only drop once when 4 people need it? It's not the amount of PVE available, it's the amount of loot per boss that is making people leave. While I am all in favor of the loot tables as they stand, the bottom line is they enable too many people to get too much gear too fast and then, with all their pretty purples, people get bored and leave.

This still better than AION where you run through an instance (Fire Temple in AION's 1st 4 months) hundred times for several months and nothing drops for you. And nothing means NO LOOT at all. :D

I want to say that healers in PvP are OP. They can easily send themselves from 30% to 80% with just 2 casts. I had an instance on Ilum where I was fighting with my friend who is a healer with me as a DPS and we encountered 2 players who were also 1 heals and 1 DPS. Honestly, I kept hammering his healer and the other was hammering mine and the fight went on for literally 3 minutes back and forth while the healers could just restore to max hp with just 2 casts.

no offense.. but keep YOUR pvp out of my pve! :)

they are not the first devs that struggeling hard, when it comes to balance pve and pvp. so as we can read in the patchnotes they will fail pretty hard.. for my as a merc-heal: instead of changing the survivability of the class, they crippling my ressourcemanagement to death! but hey, there are enough threads about that.

Edited by Elfstrom

Having raiders quit is zero issue at all.

Having raiders quit is zero issue at all.

You say this, but the same thing can be said about PvPers, at least then we wouldn't get class breaking changes when it comes to PvE every patch.

But OT: I'm not too worried, as far as I know, this is only the first half of tier 2. The rest should be coming in 1.3, along with Nightmare mode a month or so after if they are to be believed when they say the gap between 1.2 and 1.3 will be smaller.

Edited by The-Vortex