flashpoints wont give me ****

hi guys, i keep doing flashpoints but they only give me 5 exp and like 100 credits, plus they don't give me any items. for example i did every different scenario of the black talon and i never get any items. However my friends say that they get all sorts of equipment from it. do i have to do it with multiple people or can i do it solo and still get items.

We need to see you level and what flashpoints you're doing. If you are a lvl 20 doing Black Talon it's ok to get almost no xp or credits.

I'm doing almost 2 weeks of fp hardmodes and I can't get any drop for my toon. It's just (bad) luck sometimes.

hi guys, i keep doing flashpoints but they only give me 5 exp and like 100 credits, plus they don't give me any items. for example i did every different scenario of the black talon and i never get any items. However my friends say that they get all sorts of equipment from it. do i have to do it with multiple people or can i do it solo and still get items.

you get equipment from bosses, this powerful opponent meet on flashpoint, not from the flaspoint quest.

also, what's your current level? i suspect you are way above black talon required level, since you're only recieving 5xp for the quest.

and yes, most flash point at your current level will require a full group, think of them as heroic 4 quest, only longer and a bit harder.

Your over leveled for the Flashpoint. As I'm sure you know each flashpoint has a recommended level, 5 levels over (I think it's 5) and you'll get almost no XP and no credits for running it. Check of the mission log and see what color it has highlighted the mission in, if it's grey then it's worthless you won't get anything for it. And to make matter worse if you run this Flashpoint with a group of lower level players (to help them out) they'll get next to no XP either because your higher level will average down the XP the entire party receives. Obviously if they're doing it for gear and not XP you can still help out, just remember to pass on all the gear drops

And regarding group numbers, if your character is around the level of the flashpoint (lvl 10 for Black Talon or Esseles) then yes you need a full group, Black Talon and Esseles only require a group of 2 (plus companions) all the others need four. If you are over leveled then you can solo it, for example I solo ran Esseles at lvl 16 with no problems and did both Teral V and Maelstrom Prison at lvl 39.

Edited by magi_melcior

Seems like someone does not even know how to pick up loot from enemies he killed (and he must be closer to level 20 than 10 at least since his post implies that he is soloing bt and overleveling it so much that he gets no xp from it, which begs the question, how did he manage to play so long to reach that level without ever learning how to pick up loot from defeated enemies).

Then again, even if he knew how to pick up loot, any equipment from a content intended for level 10 would not be any good for him anymore when he overlevels the content by that much (well ok there is some orange gear which has its uses even for higher level, though only if filled with new mods, but then again by that level he should have found orange items for those slots that the first flashpoints have drops for even outside flashpoints).

Not sure why he thinks doing content intended for so many levels lower than his character currently is would be a good place to get anything other than seeing the content.

And it really should not be that hard to figure out why you stop getting xp from lower level content when the level difference gets so high that the enemies can't hit you at all.