And you people thought Space Samurai looked bad...

Wrthlessnoob

^this, seriously Bioware space samurai in Star Wars universe ? REALLY ? Couldnt you just make some ultimate ****** robes ? No I got it ! They want everyone to make their unique robes, thats why are the original ones so ugly. No other explanation ! :rolleyes:

Currenly using the legs, bracers, gloves & Head (turned off ofc).

Probably when i get my chest i'll rip mods out and stick em in something else.

I'm just wondering who came up with the idea to make us look like some sort of weird alien/droid species

There's only two explanations:

1. Pablo Picasso has been revived by the evil scientists at EA and has been forced to design the JK armor

OR

2. They found one a Hitler clone and gave him art training before setting him loose in a design studio.

Either way, take him out back and put him out of his misery for our sake, especially if he's a boy from Brazil.

One of the most powerful beings in the universe has been forced to look like Ultraman. I am sorry Bioware/EA, I love the game, but you have to let the artist behind this mockery go. This is the worst costume/paper doll design I have ever seen. I was hoping it would be concept art, but now finding out this actually made its way into production makes me laugh.

Did anyone bother testing the looks out on actual players or was this decision made behind closed doors without any player interaction? :eek:

In case this post didnt make my opinion crystal clear... The new JK outfits are terrible to look at.

i hope bioware make a minimalist robe set for jedi.

im a bigger fan of the anakin and qui gon look from the movies than the obi wan of the clone wars.

and i sure as hell pick either of those over the *insert word here* that the current armour looks like.

im not saying take it out of the game. just that they should make some armour that tones it down.....alot

It will be pricy but can't your rip the mods out of that armor set and put it into a better looking one.

Like the old PVE armor, or if you can afford the price tag, the Legacy modless oranges?

I believe you could, but it would indeed be pricey. When I try to take the blue-black crystal out of the battlemaster vindicator's lightsaber, it said it would cost 33k. So to take all the pieces out of all the war hero armor would be definitely a good bit of money. And plus, should we really have to? I mean couldn't they just for once make some decent looking Jedi Knight gear?

I do not know why this game has such ugly and gaudy looking armor. I prefer the simple look. Take a look at the Star Wars movies especially Luke (Ep V and VI), Qui-Gon (Ep I), Obi-Wan (Ep I, II, and III), Aalya Secura (Ep II and III), Mace WIndu (Ep I, II, and III), Anakin (Ep II and III (before his lava bath)), and all the other jedi in Ep I, II, and III. Even Satele Shan has a descent looking outfit. I know BW wants to make the outfits from PvP look unique, but that can be done without making them ugly, flashy, and gaudy.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID should be the motto for all Jedi clothing.

U must realise that SW universe took his roots in 50's and 60's of XX century sci-fi & in fact that gear look quite canonic. I know that in our times its look little bit crude & strange but i started liked that look after i realise that. Still whatever to me because one kind of look i wanna give all my money just to get is that one...

http://i.imgur.com/qwUmu.jpg[/img]"]http://i.imgur.com/qwUmu.jpg

But its not that fairytale:-P

3 things must be done:

1: the "artist" must be let go and hire someone who will do the knight justice

2: create a set of iconic robes jedi wore in the movies so they dont look like a *********** power ranger!

3: Hood Toggle

wut u mean u ppl?

Well in retrospect I don't think the space samurai look is that bad, especially when you compare it to this new war hero gear, the helmet for the most part. Sure space samurai looks a bit goofy but at least it somewhat connects. Jedi Knights are in some ways based on the Samurai.

well there are ways to make it resemble a samurai without actually making it look like a samurai in a retro space suit

What would be wrong with just using a samurai silhouette and filling it in with robes: one "leaf" down the front from the waist, one on each side, and one off the back of the belt, add the heavy chest piece with shoulder armor (using silhouette for the samurai shape), hood down, add a cool etching on the armor, and bam, you've got something that reminds you of a samurai without actually looking like a samurai.....

I'm not an artist, and that idea sounds better than the new looks. Who actually is doing the art? Bioware hasn't really said anything about the widespread dislike of this art direction.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD