Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else just realised that the Cartel Sale ended on the 21st and not on the 22nd?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who else just realised that the Cartel Sale ended on the 21st and not on the 22nd?

Aresnar
10.21.2019 , 10:06 AM | #1
First off I know this is mostly my own fault and that I am an idiot.

I honestly thought that the Cartel Sale would last until the actual patch day, so imagine my shock when I just logged in and saw the sale was over....

While I would like to suggest that next BW make an ingame count down on the sale or maybe not have two BIG dates so close to each other, I do realise I screwed up.

That being said since misery loves company I was wondering who else made a similar mistake? (I asked on General Chat and found 3 others immedietly so thought I would look for more...)

GetPloughed
10.21.2019 , 10:09 AM | #2
I thought it would be later today, like 11:59ish.

Glad I bought everything yesterday. Came back with 5k cartel coins, down to 40.

Xina_LA
10.21.2019 , 10:12 AM | #3
Yeah, I'm really frustrated by this. I logged in before Noon local time and it was over. It's still the 21st...

Maybe next time they can say the sale ends on ??/?? date at ??:?? time GMT.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Lhancelot
10.21.2019 , 10:36 AM | #4
Put in a request they open the sale for one more day.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

xordevoreaux
10.21.2019 , 11:21 AM | #5
From Dev forum:
Quote:
Character, Legacy, Guild, and Flagship renames, as well as Stronghold Decorations are all 40% off starting today as part of the Grand Galactic Sale. Reminder this sale ends on October 21st.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

CaptRogue
10.21.2019 , 11:33 AM | #6
Yep. Sad.

Was crazy here yesterday so I didn't even get a chance to really log in. So totally forgot till today. *sighs* Oh well...my 10k CC will just keep growing. lol
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 11:34 AM | #7
My assumption was that the sale would end at 12pm GMT, since this is the time on Monday is when weekly deals always begin and end, and this time each day is when daily deals always begin and end. Past performance indeed proved to be an indicator of future outcomes. Nonetheless, the fact that this was predictable doesn't mean we should lack compassion for anyone who missed out. It's never a nice experience and I'm sorry it happened for you.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Aonevm
10.21.2019 , 11:37 AM | #8
yeah quite bummed ended early, expected it to end on reset tonite not yesterday's ...

Tsillah
10.21.2019 , 12:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GetPloughed View Post
I thought it would be later today, like 11:59ish.

Glad I bought everything yesterday. Came back with 5k cartel coins, down to 40.
Yeah I knew it was today but it ended at reset time rather than later which is what I was expecting as well.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Eiter
10.21.2019 , 12:11 PM | #10
...Dang. Yeah, it's my own brainfart, and I take full responsibility, but I've been so focused on patchday that this detail escaped me completely. At least I've gotten some bargains out of it.