Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will I get Onslaught tomorrow? Subbed on top of referral link.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will I get Onslaught tomorrow? Subbed on top of referral link.

Vienasdutrys's Avatar


Vienasdutrys
10.21.2019 , 03:04 AM | #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forums even though I am a veteran player so forgive me if this is out of place.

The title says it all. I wanted to sub today not only for the Nautolan species but just to be safe in case of card not working or other problema. Of course Naturally I want to play Onslaught tomorrow ASAP as it launches.

So, first I thought I would use a referral link and then sub. As a result of doing that, this meant that my billing period became October 28th and therefore now I am a little worried if:
1) I will not get Onslaught tomorrow and have to wait until referral period sub ends
2) Not getting those cute nautolans aswell

Does anyone know if that will probably be the case?

Can I, as a referred SUB, put in an in-game ticket for this to be solved?

Thank you.

Darev's Avatar


Darev
10.21.2019 , 04:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vienasdutrys View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the forums even though I am a veteran player so forgive me if this is out of place.

The title says it all. I wanted to sub today not only for the Nautolan species but just to be safe in case of card not working or other problema. Of course Naturally I want to play Onslaught tomorrow ASAP as it launches.

So, first I thought I would use a referral link and then sub. As a result of doing that, this meant that my billing period became October 28th and therefore now I am a little worried if:
1) I will not get Onslaught tomorrow and have to wait until referral period sub ends
2) Not getting those cute nautolans aswell

Does anyone know if that will probably be the case?

Can I, as a referred SUB, put in an in-game ticket for this to be solved?

Thank you.

That's probably a question for customer service as I think it could be 50/50

Here's why

A referral will basically act like a 7 day subscription, but there's no actual PAYMENT involved so it doesn't unlock new stuff (there was a thread where someone was asking if they'd get 6.0 JUST using a referral and that answer is 100% NO). However, you put payment in the system, even if it starts after the referral.

SO...I still want to say 'no' I don't think you'll get onslaught on Tuesday...maybe not until NEXT tuesday...but I can't say for sure.

Should have put the sub in first, and then used the referral. Your "free" 7 days would have been tacked on to the end. Using it up front for an expansion may have messed it up.

Only way to know for sure is to check with Customer Service.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

KidLee's Avatar


KidLee
10.21.2019 , 06:24 AM | #3
The referral link will not grant access to the expansion. Bioware wants to make some money from this. If they gave it away for free via the referral link lots of people would take that option.
KID-LEE
SWTOR Influencer
YouTube Twitter Twitch
Join My Community Today!
CE VIP

GeneralRhodes's Avatar


GeneralRhodes
10.21.2019 , 10:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
(there was a thread where someone was asking if they'd get 6.0 JUST using a referral and that answer is 100% NO)
That may be the case now but it wasn't always. Back when SOR was released I somehow ended up with access to it when I was on a 7 day referral. No idea how it happened, but I assume whatever it was is long since fixed. So there is at least a good reason why people still ask this every time there is an expansion

Aonevm's Avatar


Aonevm
10.21.2019 , 11:50 AM | #5
someone asked this on reddit too, would make sense if sub'd before 22nd it should count regardless if on 7 day or not. as wouldn't the time just be added?

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
10.21.2019 , 03:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KidLee View Post
The referral link will not grant access to the expansion. Bioware wants to make some money from this. If they gave it away for free via the referral link lots of people would take that option.
Can I get a source on this?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

MK-ULTRA's Avatar


MK-ULTRA
10.21.2019 , 03:56 PM | #7
Are you even level 70?
You spelled tyranny wrong.

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
10.21.2019 , 04:06 PM | #8
If you subscribed then you should get the expansion and species unlocked. As long as you are actually a subscriber that's all that should matter.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
10.21.2019 , 04:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
If you subscribed then you should get the expansion and species unlocked. As long as you are actually a subscriber that's all that should matter.
Yeah it's what I wonder. Got recurring sub up and running since few months, but I clicked referral link so technically I'm in a +7 days period
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
10.21.2019 , 04:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Yeah it's what I wonder. Got recurring sub up and running since few months, but I clicked referral link so technically I'm in a +7 days period
Subscriber status overrides the trial period of the 7 days. The point of the 7 days is to get you to subscribe. If you log into your account if your status is subsciber, then your a subscriber and will get the rewards.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here