Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why aren’t all class spec gear drops distributed equally ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why aren’t all class spec gear drops distributed equally ?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.21.2019 , 06:40 PM | #1
Is it just me or did I read the patch notes incorrectly.

I noticed that some specs will have tactical’s and gear drop from two flash points and an operation. While other specs will have it from one flash point, one operation and conquest reward.

Why isn’t it an equal distribution and each spec has one flash point, one operation and conquest reward?

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
10.21.2019 , 07:11 PM | #2
like which ones? I see in the notes that some drop from just an operation, some from just a flashpoint, just heroics, etc. which ones drop from both flashpoint and an operation?
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.21.2019 , 07:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
like which ones? I see in the notes that some drop from just an operation, some from just a flashpoint, just heroics, etc. which ones drop from both flashpoint and an operation?
Either I didn’t write it properly or you misunderstand.

Here is an example. Some specs are like this :

Spec A
Tactical A. Drops from flashpoints
Tactical B. Drops from flashpoints
Tactical C. Drops from operations

Spec B
Tactical A. Drops from flashpoints
Tactical B. Drops from operations
Tactical C. Drops from conquest

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
10.21.2019 , 07:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Is it just me or did I read the patch notes incorrectly.

I noticed that some specs will have tactical’s and gear drop from two flash points and an operation. While other specs will have it from one flash point, one operation and conquest reward.

Why isn’t it an equal distribution and each spec has one flash point, one operation and conquest reward?
That part had me baffled as well. Seems rather odd that they would take that approach. Not that big of a deal from my point of view, just odd.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 07:49 PM | #5
I guess to give us some sense of a specific thing we can do to increase our chance to get a thing?
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.22.2019 , 01:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
That part had me baffled as well. Seems rather odd that they would take that approach. Not that big of a deal from my point of view, just odd.
Ok, consider this. You are a pvper and dont play ops or flash points, but do participate in conquest. But only some specs get a drop from conquest and others don’t. Does that means you only play the spec with the conquest drop?
Why not just make a conquest drop for each spec?

It would be reasonable and logical to just set it up so each spec can get a drop from a flashpoint an op or a conquest drop.

Einobi's Avatar


Einobi
10.22.2019 , 03:22 AM | #7
My understanding is that the drop is not exclusive to playing certain content. I quote their patch note: "Source: This shows where you can work specifically on acquiring this set. Note that all sets can technically drop anywhere in the game, this section covers specific places that it drops as well..."

The places which they stated is just places where there is an increased chance of getting that particular item. It provides more focus for people going for that particular item to focus on that content play. But that item can drop anywhere in the game but with a lower chance.

Of course the main issue lies in what is a lower chance? If it is just a 0.001% chance it will drop in content other than specified of an increased chance of drop, then in effect it is as good as exclusive to the content specified.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
10.22.2019 , 07:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Is it just me or did I read the patch notes incorrectly.

I noticed that some specs will have tactical’s and gear drop from two flash points and an operation. While other specs will have it from one flash point, one operation and conquest reward.

Why isn’t it an equal distribution and each spec has one flash point, one operation and conquest reward?
Not only that, but it seems none of the ops will have direct drops like they used to.....so its all pure rng. Screw this crap.

funnypat's Avatar


funnypat
10.22.2019 , 07:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
My understanding is that the drop is not exclusive to playing certain content. I quote their patch note: "Source: This shows where you can work specifically on acquiring this set. Note that all sets can technically drop anywhere in the game, this section covers specific places that it drops as well..."

The places which they stated is just places where there is an increased chance of getting that particular item. It provides more focus for people going for that particular item to focus on that content play. But that item can drop anywhere in the game but with a lower chance.

Of course the main issue lies in what is a lower chance? If it is just a 0.001% chance it will drop in content other than specified of an increased chance of drop, then in effect it is as good as exclusive to the content specified.
Yup understood it like this too, the biggest concern I have is that like in the old days the guardian might roll on my healing stuff too because "hey I have twinks"... so if it is a rare drop that would really be nasty :O
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

DreadtechSavant's Avatar


DreadtechSavant
10.22.2019 , 08:35 AM | #10
Well, a fair question. Still remember once 6.0 is played by the masses anything is subject to change as more play and see how things play out. So once you've played for a day or two worth bring this up again even more so if a lot of other players share your concern.
However as some have pointed out gear can drop from anywhere but these areas drop that gear more often. Other areas drop that gear rarely