Where NOT to put circles after Kephess casts BotM...

So... sub60% on Kephess in HM EC.. (this was a 16-man HM run, I pugged into this group as a dps)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3917/a0ew.jpg

Tanks are swapping on breath of the masters, and dropping their circles. Although, I have never ever seen the Kephess room, look QUITE this purple!!!! There was nowhere that was safe to stand.... I kept myself from hitting the ragequit button quite a few times. This is old content that should be cleared with your eyes closed!

(Anyway... sorry for the smartphone cap instead of an actual screenshot... I snapped it real quick at the time to txt to a friend, and I am on a different PC atm.)

You know, it's moments like this that bring back memories. Memories of people who seem to think that being overleveled and overgeared for content means it will be "faceroll easy".

I remember back in WoW seeing level 80's WIPE in AQ40 because they didn't know the mechanics. Or seeing level 80's WIPE on Kael'thas in the Eye because they didn't understand the mechanics.

Star Wars may be easy to most people who frequent the forums in comparison to some of WoW's raids; but that doesn't mean it doesn't still require coordination and knowledge of the mechanics.

This has been a PSA for learning operation mechanics BEFORE you enter. Thank you! :)

lmfao.

Reminds me of the time a PUG thought "taunt off and other Tank drop circles in the corner" meant "get taunted off and stay to DPS, dropping all the circles on the melee".

I feel for you =X.

This has been a PSA for learning operation mechanics BEFORE you enter. Thank you! :)

I have no issues with people not knowing the mechanics, so long as they listen and followthrough. I'm willing to give PUGs 2-3 wipes just so they can see the mechanics in action, but when you're on your 4th or 5th go, telling them to do the simplest of things (such as only stand in a green square - minefield or click the button and don't move - operator) and they're not performing, then it's detrimental.

Edited by vdbswong

I typically don't have an issue either being a pug in someone else's raid, or pug'ing my own raids. I also don't typically have an issue when people don't already know the fights. I mean, in all reality, everyone, no matter how good of a player has a time when EVERY fight was new to them, and had to either learn it, or have it explained. (If I had a nickle for every time that I have explained the EC Kephess fight, I would be a rich man.)

What I DON'T have tolerance for... guild run or pug.... is when people don't know a fight, and don't pipe up and say so beforehand. That always ends in repair bills, and ragequits.

This one particular HM EC.... I was running on my alt-dps, as I typically run my tank main, but my sentinel still needed HM Kephess for the aratech speeder quest, so I was willing to struggle with them a bit...... But the whole fight, in all our many many pulls (almost 90 minutes worth).... I have never wanted to jump through the screen and sit at the tank's chair and play his character for him to drop those circles!!!!!

In the defense of the guild that was running the raid (they were cool folks).... when we did finally clear Kephess, the player in their guild that won the Praxon Bloodline, immediately opened a trade window and gave it to me, as a "thank you" for sticking with them.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro