Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen Fess sucks!

Unknownsock
01.10.2012 , 12:19 PM | #111
I typically find him fine, although I do find his reaction time just ridiculous, I could probably go make a coffee inbetween the time when I click attack and he moves.

Wheldrake
01.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #112
Qyzen is aweome. Have a armstech make you some techblades to increase his DPS. He tanks and gathers mobs for AOE better than any other pet that we have.

SadricAmber
01.11.2012 , 08:03 AM | #113
I use my middle bottom bars for my guy and really don't use Fess's bar at all which remains tiny in the bottom left. If I expand his bar, I lose my bottom bar. Is there a way around this? I would use a lot more of his abilities if I could access them easier. What do you all do?
Salus Populi Supremas Lex

"The People's Welfare is the Highest Law"

PhantomTRP
01.11.2012 , 08:25 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by SadricAmber View Post
I use my middle bottom bars for my guy and really don't use Fess's bar at all which remains tiny in the bottom left. If I expand his bar, I lose my bottom bar. Is there a way around this? I would use a lot more of his abilities if I could access them easier. What do you all do?
There is an option in the UI section of the preference menu to have it use one of the side bars.(I think it's the UI section, but it's in there somewhere...)

I wasn't a fan of Qyzen when I started playing, but once I got the other companions I realized he could have been so much worse. The only companion who I find useful at all is Nadia, and you don't get her until late in the story. The consular got screwed as far as companions go IMO.

PellonSW
01.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #115
Qyzen has been perfectly fine for me but like most companions you really have to be on top of his gear and you need to gear him right. I have an armstech and armormech alts to craft him blue gear and it really helps.

Archaar
01.11.2012 , 10:33 AM | #116
I disliked using the Lizard on my Kinetic's Sage and loved using Theran. I love using the Lizard on my Infiltration shadow, but dislike using Theran.

One shoe does not fit all.

Staavis_SC
01.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #117
The other thing about Qyzen that annoys the crap out of me, is the lack of appropriate looking armors.

The gear he gets after arriving on Courscant is pretty awesome. Then, if you can outfit him in a full set of Trandoshan armor, that's pretty awesome too.

But after that? It seems the only option you ever have, is to make him look like a Stormtrooper!

It annoys the crap out of me. Way, way, WAY too many trooper clones in this game, between:

Troopers
Trooper Companions (Aric Jorgenson)
Smuggler Companions (Corso Riggs)
Jedi Consular Compaions (Qyzen Fess)

If you agree with me, then please, go show some support at my thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...67#post1479467

Tell Bioware NO MORE CLONES!!!

Thank you for your time
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

Cybrknight
01.12.2012 , 05:13 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by pyradius View Post
However, I have noticed that when you dismiss/resummon Qyzen one of his 2 AoE abilities gets turned back on so watch out for that.
This is the one bug that irritates the hell out of me. I love Qyzen as a tank, but I almost always have to turn off his EMP grenade manually when I have to forcelift pull something. More often than not he's got it activated >.>

VonSoot
01.12.2012 , 10:32 AM | #119
I've found Qyzen to be an awesome solo tank at 50 for Sage DPS.

I think he's our best tank, I'm looking forward to having him in awesome gear.
Master Soot Starbeard
Jedi Sage, 7/18/16
<Feds> Republic of the Death Wind Corridor

Mase_Yevon
01.12.2012 , 10:37 AM | #120
Yes he sucks. I hate him so, so much.
"There is no death, there is the Force, I am Revan Redeemed. Through Passion I gain strength, and you are nothing before me."