Legacys

SAMJA

:wea_03::eek:Yeah, I just created a legacy. Now first of all, I didnt know it was like a last name, so I put it down as chaosbringers instead, so does anyone know if you can change it? But anyways, I was looking into the gains of making a legacy, i and i was wonering whether it truly that great. I mean if you think about it, swtor meant for the legacy to be a family, where things are passed down. But when I look at it, I think of things like force moves being used by non force using characters such as smugglers and troopers and imperial agents, and I wonderif this should be allowed. I mean it doesn't make sense that a non force using or even a non force sensitive character can use force moves like force choke and smash. And adding to that, that is taking away the exclusiveness of being a force user. we are given things such as force moves because they make us force users, not just random people waving around sabers. And another thing, force users cant use abillities such as missles and rocket launchers, which are key to non force users such as the bounty hunter. I it is mostly one sided. Non force users get the important abilities that dont even make sense to have, and force users are stuck with the random weak left overs of the non force users. Why?

:wea_03::eek:Yeah, I just created a legacy. Now first of all, I didnt know it was like a last name, so I put it down as chaosbringers instead, so does anyone know if you can change it?

The legacy name can be displayed a few ways such as "The Doe Legacy," "John Doe" or just " John".

as of now there is no way to change the name once it is created

But anyways, I was looking into the gains of making a legacy, i and i was wonering whether it truly that great. I mean if you think about it, swtor meant for the legacy to be a family, where things are passed down.

the family tree is for roleplay purposes only

But when I look at it, I think of things like force moves being used by non force using characters such as smugglers and troopers and imperial agents, and I wonderif this should be allowed. I mean it doesn't make sense that a non force using or even a non force sensitive character can use force moves like force choke and smash. And adding to that, that is taking away the exclusiveness of being a force user. we are given things such as force moves because they make us force users, not just random people waving around sabers. And another thing, force users cant use abillities such as missles and rocket launchers, which are key to non force users such as the bounty hunter. I it is mostly one sided. Non force users get the important abilities that dont even make sense to have, and force users are stuck with the random weak left overs of the non force users. Why?

the legacy skills can only be used once every 20 minutes (down to 10 minutes with companion unlocks) and can only be used when you use a Heroic Moment skill which requires a companion to be out. this prevents it from being used in Flashpoints (with full groups), operations, warzones, pretty much anywhere else companions cant be

Edited by Skodan

wow, first you can change it as a title to either a surname, legacy title (ie: the chaosbringers legacy) or turn it off entirely. This is in the Character sheet up near your name, a drop down list including all your aquired titles like Apprentice and Darth.

The other stuff you mentioned is another matter entirely. I don't think I could even get started on the subject and answer you with any significant help. Only that Legacy is like Family: think of it as the Skywalker family/legacy and the rest just requires a little bit of RolePlaying to make it all make sense.

Good luck with that. (and nipped in the bud with another answer already, .... oh well)

And another thing, force users cant use abillities such as missles and rocket launchers, which are key to non force users such as the bounty hunter.

you must not have unlocked legacy dirty kick, legacy orbital strike, legacy flamethrower, and legacy sticky grenade yet.

The main benefit to having a legacy right now is that if you display it on all your characters, they'll all say "The Chaosbringers Legacy" under their name.

That way if people you've played with on one character and had a good experience with see you on another character, they'll know it's you if they made note of what your legacy was. You can do the same thing if you group with someone you really like you might see a character running around with the same legacy title and you'll know it's that person playing one of their alts.