Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server population just ruined the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server population just ruined the game

Bocefas
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #11
Server queues got you down? Want to be on a low population server? Tired of those opposite faction jerks killing your quest NPCs?
PvP servers are your answer! That's where I'm headed, Guaranteed low pop server!
Dudist Priest

Tyranen
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thugari View Post
actually, i am looking at the server list right now, and every one of them says they are light.
http://www.swtor.com/server-status

theres a few that are full.

i think there needs to be more US servers... if this is the case.

it would be strange if bioware didnt foresee something like this happening...

Thugari
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #13
[QUOTE=Tyranen;12509]http://www.swtor.com/server-status

it would be strange if bioware didnt foresee something like this happening...[/QUOTE

they are showing light when you log in to the game, i wouldnt trust the weblink on the site just yet.

elumarom
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #14
Be ready for some queue dancing

http://dagobah.net/flash/wow_waiting.swf

Mosthatred
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #15
[QUOTE=Thugari;12906]
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyranen View Post
http://www.swtor.com/server-status

it would be strange if bioware didnt foresee something like this happening...[/QUOTE

they are showing light when you log in to the game, i wouldnt trust the weblink on the site just yet.
The calculations on the website are probably for preorders. I seriously doubt when it says 'full' it is indeed to max capacity.

grievemourn
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #16
Just look at the server list stickies. They're going to open more servers as needed. Granted, not sure what the timeframe for that is, but hey...

Pherdnut
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #17
Hold me Ashley!

*swoons
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Slithers
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #18
They are doing this right folks. Invite, see the trends, open servers if necessary then invite again. They have it all covered.
Squadron 11-11-11

Nyxypet
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #19
One. Not my guild, not my choice to move it
Two. Not everyone signed up for the guild before the guild launch date
Three. I understand that those of us that did have reserved slots, surprising enough i DID read it but I am not worried about myself, my guild leader, or TOR guildies. I am worried about my gaming community group that wants to play as a secondary character with us. Who didn't have the money at the time to preorder, Who wernt sure if they wanted to play the game until just recently. Those are who I am worried about. So just because I care about my friends, dont bash till you understand the situation that has been created by having such low population cap server.

Im not worried at all about the number of servers, I know there will be MORE than plenty to go around... its the server caps im worried about because of friends not in guild wanting to play with us as their secondary character. Perhaps if there were more servers the populations wouldnt fill up so quickly on one... I dont know but as it stands there are quite a few people from our gaming community who didnt preorder that may not be able to join us because of silly low pop server caps. There are quite a few games with bigger server caps that run just fine... I havent even started a character yet as I probably wont get in till tmrw or the next day based on my preorder date, but it makes me want to approach the guild and see if we all just want to wait till the 20th to start so that those who didnt preorder can be on the same server. So much for early access oh well.

Sokol
12.13.2011 , 08:37 AM | #20
[QUOTE=Mosthatred;13303]
Quote: Originally Posted by Thugari View Post

The calculations on the website are probably for preorders. I seriously doubt when it says 'full' it is indeed to max capacity.
And it reflects reserved slots for members of pre-formed Guilds, so yes take it with a grain of salt.
I am Sith, I am Death. Do not fear me, do not fear Death. We both come for you in the end, itís inevitable. So come to me Jedi, and see your Destiny in my eyes. I am Sith, I am here to ensure you fulfill your destiny. So come Jedi, Come and embrace your Death!
[Kor Sec] on Master Zhar Lestin www.Korriban.net