Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server population just ruined the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server population just ruined the game

Nyxypet
12.13.2011 , 08:05 AM | #1
So, looking at the server my guild's server is already medium population and only the first fricken wave of early game access has gotten in... I forsee some stupid ploy of "pay x to move your character" to a server thats low population so those that you game with who didnt get in, who wont be on till the 20th who may not be on for a month after that, wont ever be able to join you because the population sizes on the servers seem so stupidly low. Pay to have better servers... there are games out there that hold a lot more people so why the heck are these ones already getting full? Thanks for ruining the game before I even got in. This was a concern during beta and everyone kept saying just wait just wait they will have bigger limits for launch... well unless they are showing what its capped at till official launch there are going to be some serious problems. What happens when we all start leveling our characters and then people who didnt get in as early as others cant even join on same server? That's reallly really crappy... and in walks the "pay 30 dollars to move your character" -.-

Arentius
12.13.2011 , 08:06 AM | #2
you of course realise you have the choice of not accepting the guild invite and just moving yourself to a new server? its only 5000 credits to form a guild. Instead of whining about what an automated service has done, why don't you actively do something about it, you've been in for a couple of hours maximum, hardly an issue to reroll now on a new server is it?
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
Don't forget to mention how we ripped off Gauntlet! I mean Imperial Agents are clearly Elves, The Sage clearly is inspired by the Wizard and, oh gosh, the Sith Warrior is like the Fighter in that game.

Xionsmith
12.13.2011 , 08:07 AM | #3
If you registered your guild, everyone that was signed up for it when they locked them to the server have a spot on the server.

Edit: Sorry...forgot to say NERRRRRD RAGGGGGGE!!!!!

Carltronus
12.13.2011 , 08:07 AM | #4
Wall of text attacks my weak point for massive damage.

Menhar
12.13.2011 , 08:07 AM | #5
Where is the link to the server list / pop?

lexika
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #6
they will add more servers but the problem is if your mates got in before you they probly wont want to move i wish i had preordered earlier but i didnt so it sucks. Just pray for free char transfer at least for the first month.

Milkmaid
12.13.2011 , 08:09 AM | #7
good point.
Mt's and paid DLC are topics that have been avoided by BW devs.
once the sales are made they will start with thier fleeceing of the playerbace soon enough
itll cost em players if it happens.
"See you at the party Richter"

Shlamorel
12.13.2011 , 08:10 AM | #8
There are lots of people who aren't in the game yet who already have a spot reserved. That is the whole point of the pre-launch guild thing...

I am not trying to be rude when I say this - just helpful - but did you not read all of the information about pre-order/pre-launch etc.? They are just barely scratching the surface with invites, and guilds that were pre set-up already have dedicated spaces for them. That's why it's showing up as "full".

They also stated that this service will end by (or shortly after) launch... therefore all the people who may have signed up but moved to a different server will be deleted from the server registry, and therefore open up TONS of space of people who didn't go to the server they were assigned.

Everything will be fine. Go enjoy the game! (I'm not in yet but can't wait )

Bhfractai
12.13.2011 , 08:10 AM | #9
Patience is a virtue
Zai-quon Fractai Bounty Hunter for hire
"Fear is my favorite weapon." SinisteR
Jedi Covenant

Thugari
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #10
actually, i am looking at the server list right now, and every one of them says they are light.