Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Im sorry but this "expansion" was terrible.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Im sorry but this "expansion" was terrible.

DarthCasus
10.23.2019 , 10:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
^^^ Always this.
This is incredibly short sighted, we didn't need an entire expansion for new story content. If the game tanks, there will be no more new story at all. For an expansion, this is quite pathetic and we have no sight of back-to-back new additions any time soon. Probably around the holidays we'll get something small (not promised to even be story, most likely a new outfit in the CM) to tie into the new movie but otherwise, it's not looking great.

And this is coming from a story fan. Let's be real here.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Genada
10.23.2019 , 10:25 PM | #22
This isn't a expansion and shouldn't have been billed as one. It's more of a pre expansion as far as the amount of content given.

I run a medium size guild and we have had a large amount of returning players looking forward to this but after they have seen what was given they are all talking about quitting again. There is just not enough content to keep people wanting to play.

This expansion lacks the content of any of the original story planets other then Quesh. It's sad how little was put into this and billing it as a expansion is just misleading.

ZionHalcyon
10.23.2019 , 11:47 PM | #23
I had a ball with Mek Sha and the Corellia flashpoint, and love where the story is going.

lordsithington
10.24.2019 , 12:20 AM | #24
This really needed to be called and "content update" not an "Expansion". That was a terrible way to sell this as it is in no way an expansion. However Bioware is so gutted these days in both money and manpower it's a miracle we got anything at all. I don't expect much more in the future. Some more little hour or so story chunks then probably either close or be kept "on" but unsupported.

doelow
10.24.2019 , 12:25 AM | #25
Maybe I'm wrong for this, but I'd like to give a big shout out to Anthem for sucking all the air out of the room at Bioware for the last decade and making sure that no other games get the support that they need. Good thing it turned out to be such a successful game.

On the other hand, it's 2019. You should know what you're getting with this game. You're getting a small to medium sized DLC for 15 bucks and some small patches spread out over the year. You're not getting a WoW sized or XIV sized expansion. It's just not ever going to happen.

Costello
10.24.2019 , 01:01 AM | #26
I think as in another thread mentioned about honesty they have to discuss with players that they know what is on offer isn't great and they are just heaping gear grind on top of gear grind with no where near the content to cover it.

There seems to be no depth or lore to any of the story, when I look back at original class and planet story there was so much more detail to it. But more that this the game took the time to explore the story, now it seems a super factory is added solely to have something to attack and destroy that didn't exist previously so its destruction doesn't really matter.

While the two new companions, never thought I would see them on my Sith Warrior and while a few nice comments made, its all very shallow in comparison to the original companion introductions, a shame those original companion were reintroduced in such a throw away style, though in keeping with how there involvement in the story is over.

While the new gear grind is just awful, talk of set bonuses is a non sensical cause I think aside from a few folk, its unlikely people will have the patience to grind out to get the new set bonuses. Which wouldn't be an issue except you stripped the old set bonus as soon as we hit 75 to really impress on players that its grinding or go away time.

So I can only hope that Keith can come in and admit despite the extra month of testing, this is currently in a bad state where they are really trying to see how far they can capitalise on the Star Wars name. I think I'm right in thinking the HK introduction shooting range and one chapter is selling for considerably more than the latest ESO DLC. The first perhaps an hour of playing as a droid, while the later is about 20 hours and an entire new zone. At some point if you want the brand to be valued you have to stop trying to capitalise on the Star Wars name.

Ahwassa
10.24.2019 , 02:55 AM | #27
I have to disagree with some posters.
It wasn´t the best expansion because it was too short. If they add more content soon (many cliffhangers) it will be good.

But other games have worse expansions, ESO for example. The story of Onslaught has enough variety to play it at least 2 more times (different char + pub). That is something ESO never accomplished.

And to everyone who says the game is too difficult. Well sorry that you actually have to learn your class and the mechanics now. I healed asation sm alone with crap gear. You can´t faceroll it anymore and that is good.
If you play the game you´ll have max gear in 1 or 2 weeks for one character.

What I didn´t like was that there was no romance (Arcann or any other attractive male) and the crafting is not that great. It takes AGES!

HuaRya
10.24.2019 , 03:21 AM | #28
They need to return to actual gear drops in the flashpoints/uprisings and operations. This socialized gear box you get every level bump is not going to get people wanting to group and do challenging content. Keep the boxes it's all fine and well for basic gearing but allow people to acquire blues/purples in flashpoints and operations.

People trying to run guilds the way they did back in 2012-15 will thank you if you add worthwhile gear to mini boss and boss fights like you once did. Again, you can do this in addition to the current.
“I grok in fullness.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

ExarSun
10.24.2019 , 03:29 AM | #29
As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes try to make this content update (this by any means no expansion it is Ossus-esque addition) it suffers from trully baffling and laughable decisions and executions.
First - the story is so weak in every aspect, so bland, so short, that I don't know who's genious idea was to call this "A total galactic all-out war"....really? All out war? Like the whole story is about raiding a factory.Like a side quest? LOL
Second - Horrible korean rng gear grind that will take another year to balance....how fun...its GC all over again.
Third - crafting destroyed. I refuse to craft anymore due to ridiculous numbers of mats and credits.
Companions?? Like no role in the game whatsoever anymore...not even a letter? Its pathetic.
Making the game harder for new characters and low levels....what genious decided this? If its too ez, you have the option of playing without a companion.

Adding more story soon? Thats a laugh, considering how much story we got for the last three years...

DreadtechSavant
10.24.2019 , 05:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarSun View Post
As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes try to make this content update (this by any means no expansion it is Ossus-esque addition) it suffers from trully baffling and laughable decisions and executions.
First - the story is so weak in every aspect, so bland, so short, that I don't know who's genious idea was to call this "A total galactic all-out war"....really? All out war? Like the whole story is about raiding a factory.Like a side quest? LOL
Second - Horrible korean rng gear grind that will take another year to balance....how fun...its GC all over again.
Third - crafting destroyed. I refuse to craft anymore due to ridiculous numbers of mats and credits.
Companions?? Like no role in the game whatsoever anymore...not even a letter? Its pathetic.
Making the game harder for new characters and low levels....what genious decided this? If its too ez, you have the option of playing without a companion.

Adding more story soon? Thats a laugh, considering how much story we got for the last three years...

"As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes"

As opposed to players like you who have a four year history of whining, ************ and complaining about everything BW does, yet still sub just to carry on doing so? At least those Muppets you so enjoy calling are enjoying themselves which if far better that what you are doing.