3 seasons of the same FOTM classes... woot!

Floplag

We are now starting the third season of the chosen few with virtually no significant balance tweaks...and some of you wonder why the queues are off, lol. I quit doing ranked about 2 weeks into season 4 and haven't bothered since, see no reason to try now and i dont have any desire to play the FOTM. Though at this point i guess FOTYear is more appropriate.

I'll play my "1 hour" of game time, lol, each month if the story is worth it, maybe some regs, and the rest of the time ill be entertaining a new mistress in GW2.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are now starting the third season of the chosen few with virtually no significant balance tweaks...and some of you wonder why the queues are off, lol. I quit doing ranked about 2 weeks into season 4 and haven't bothered since, see no reason to try now and i dont have any desire to play the FOTM. Though at this point i guess FOTYear is more appropriate.

I'll play my "1 hour" of game time, lol, each month if the story is worth it, maybe some regs, and the rest of the time ill be entertaining a new mistress in GW2.

Could not agree more Flop...unreal lol.

Yeah I know how you feel man, Merc/Mando dps is so overpowered. You'd think they would have fixed this garbage by now. We all literally have to focus them immediately in every warzone just so they dont nuke the entire group or net the healer.

Never do we get to try out different strategies, always forced into the same targeting of commandos to stop their OP'ness.

Yeah I know how you feel man, Merc/Mando dps is so overpowered. You'd think they would have fixed this garbage by now. We all literally have to focus them immediately in every warzone just so they dont nuke the entire group or net the healer.

Never do we get to try out different strategies, always forced into the same targeting of commandos to stop their OP'ness.

.....that hurts man.....:(

The most irritating part is that its truly pointless to even make suggestions anymore...

They are obviously completely aware, they would have to be utterly ignorant to not be about the problems the bottom tier of classes are facing.

There is little point to making positive suggestions as they don't listen anyway based on today's changes going live with the out of line cost on our "spammable" heal that really isn't spammable and totally out of line in comparison to other classes heals in terms of cost.

I guess for me this was the final straw, i wont be forced into playing classes i don't enjoy so... time to invest elsewhere i guess

I re-rolled a Sage and realized how horrible mando is. The sage can literrally do everything a Mando can, but at the same time put up 500k heals and can easily break contact with their bubble.

TLDR: Just delete your mando like I did.

You are absolutely right, i have a sage and a sorc in full pvp and can put up stupid numbers barely knowing what im doing. I play the merc/mando cause i enjoy their place in the lore and basically find all force user hypocrites and predictable in the story and such.

For me it comes down to this... do i want to play another class, or another game. On principal alone i don't want to be forced to play something i don't really want to play. I mean i can understand one season of classes being OP, thats typical in these games, but 3? freaking three? unacceptable.

With what they are giving us, or more directly NOT giving us with the expansion, i made the decision to look at other games as this wont wont hold my attention for very long each month at this point... i game a lot, its my escape from a stressful reality, and their "1 hour" of game play for story with no new ops/pvp/other content is like barely a Sat afternoon for me :)

Meh, it is what it is, but my time will be far less in this game for both pvp and pve reasons going forward

I re-rolled a Sage and realized how horrible mando is. The sage can literrally do everything a Mando can, but at the same time put up 500k heals and can easily break contact with their bubble.

You're practically the face of Mandos IMO. If you deleted yours...that's bad. :eek:

At least they moved the sin DoT spread from death field to whatever that melee AOE ability is called. Seems like that will have some effect. But yeah, I think everybody knows how far behind the pack Merc/Mando is in terms of 4v4 survivability.

I'm going to try and focus on mara/sent this season. At least they have a chance. Merc/Mando is impossible in 4v4. I like playing mine in regs, but forget solo ranked.

sorc/sin/PT = 72% (3/8 or 37.5% of classes)

op/scou = 17% (1/8 or 12.5% of classes)

other = 11% (4/8 or 50% of classes)

This is actually what I don't like about the current PvP most.

Frankly, Ranked PvP is dead for me.

If I ever enter it, then just for laughs. How bad I will be. How much I'll be bullied for actually joining (similar to what Commandoes happens right now).

I played season three...and didn't even bother with season 4. I get bored playing the same spec so i'd rather not even think about ranked 4 v 4. If they put ranked 8 v 8 back id play again. I hate arenas in the first place even though I love pvp...but once the classes were balanced the way they are now I can't personally get motivated to play ranked.

Won't be a new Meta until the next Expansion.

On the bright side, it's never been easier to level and gear up your own FotM class. heh

yeah, ill pass, already have one of everything and i choose not to play fotm. seriously, whats the point? its friggin easy mode. its boring. to each their own its your sub etc... but i wont be doing that

yeah, ill pass, already have one of everything and i choose not to play fotm. seriously, whats the point? its friggin easy mode. its boring. to each their own its your sub etc... but i wont be doing that

I believe in the Q&A session from the cantina event, they asked about PvP content and something about a large meta shift was mentioned. Might be something to keep an eye on without getting your hopes up.

I believe in the Q&A session from the cantina event, they asked about PvP content and something about a large meta shift was mentioned. Might be something to keep an eye on without getting your hopes up.

i have zero hopes for anything until next year at this point and by then people will find other interests... they somehow have enough staff to do a monster update to KOTOR2 graphics but cant put anyone on fixing this game?

you know it's bad when a verified quality player who usually downplays whine says this.

not the right thread for this but...

I didn't pay any attention to the merc changes for 3.3 heal spec. I just assumed they made the long cast heal part of the discipline. uh...it's just gone? what's the philosophy here? specifically for healing.

edit: hmm. nvm. it was removed from my bars. hehe

Edited by foxmob

So what I understand from this thread is we should buff sorc roaming mend again?

ALLRIGHT!!!!!

Healing operatives needed to be more mobile and sorcs needed more burst heals is what I read. :D

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-3.3

Specifically, we gave Sage and Sorcerer healers the ability to burst heal, increased the mobility of Operative and Scoundrel healers,

Seriously though. I thought sorcs were the better burst heals and operatives were the more sustained and mobile as it was?

Sorry Mercs. I won't copy and paste what they say they did to "help" you out.

not the right thread for this but...

I didn't pay any attention to the merc changes for 3.3 heal spec. I just assumed they made the long cast heal part of the discipline. uh...it's just gone? what's the philosophy here? specifically for healing.

edit: hmm. nvm. it was removed from my bars. hehe

ok, heres what you need to know... they swapped out healing scan for rapid scan and nerfed it in dps spec, plus it costs twice what it should so in a nutshell, our burst healing was nerfed and its little more than a top off heal leaving us worse than we were before.

Playing Gw2. /exit thread. Nothing to see if thats your taste.