3 seasons of the same FOTM classes... woot!

Floplag

So you either play the class you love and lose all the time, miss rewards. Or you can reroll a sorc/sin/pt and when 100% of the ranked population will use only these 3 classes then we will have balance? Why not straightforward delete the other 5 ACs? Balance should not be achieved by everyone playing the same class. I really cant wait until 100% of ranked players will be madness sorcs and noone will die and all matches will be gased.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you either play the class you love and lose all the time, miss rewards. Or you can reroll a sorc/sin/pt and when 100% of the ranked population will use only these 3 classes then we will have balance? Why not straightforward delete the other 5 ACs? Balance should not be achieved by everyone playing the same class. I really cant wait until 100% of ranked players will be madness sorcs and noone will die and all matches will be gased.

It is more than that. Renders pvp boring and predictable.

So you either play the class you love and lose all the time, miss rewards. Or you can reroll a sorc/sin/pt and when 100% of the ranked population will use only these 3 classes then we will have balance?

I used to main my vanguard but once 3.0 came out I changed and rolled a scoundrel. They gave vanguards big damage with great mobility and this made it feel too easy. I know that I can do amazing things as a scoundrel in PVP, but in a ranked environment the class imbalances are so strong for the holy three that anyone else is at an automatic disadvantage.

For that reason I can't be bothered to do ranked. The rewards aren't interesting enough and I don't like playing any of the holy three. Regstar games are fun though!

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

I am not going to lie. It was pure hell trying to get my Gunnery Commando on POT5 in full DR when 3.0 went live. Took me more than a couple of months. My IA healer on the other hand, had half his exhumed set and a DR main hand in one weekend. It couldn't have been easier.

But on the Repub side ... between the inherent weakness of mando / merc in arenas, the lack of full repub teams, and the overall poor gear and performance of the repubs in warzones in general ... it was loss after loss after loss. And that doesn't even take into account the longer queue times I experienced on the Repub side. Just getting dailies and weeklies done was a struggle.

Then when I finally took this class into rank ... I barely did enough matches to get on the board. I haven't been back to ranked since. Because all the matches ended the same. Loss after loss and my commando being the focus and dead within the first 10 seconds of the match. I was lucky to even accomplish enough to get a medal reward.

And it is a pity too. This class has some amazing strengths. But without a focus break, it is all but impossible to perform well in arenas. Odds are I'll probably never take the mando or my alt merc into a ranked match again. If I do go into ranked, it will be on a FOTM alt and not on a class I actually enjoy playing.

But as much begging and pleading the merc / mando community has done asking for a single change to help make us even viable in arena style format, it has all been on death ears. And like many of my fellow merc / mandos, we simply stopped trying to develop change. We might as well be shouting at the wall because there is nobody in the room from the development side listening.

I am not going to lie. It was pure hell trying to get my Gunnery Commando on POT5 in full DR when 3.0 went live. Took me more than a couple of months. My IA healer on the other hand, had half his exhumed set and a DR main hand in one weekend. It couldn't have been easier.

But on the Repub side ... between the inherent weakness of mando / merc in arenas, the lack of full repub teams, and the overall poor gear and performance of the repubs in warzones in general ... it was loss after loss after loss. And that doesn't even take into account the longer queue times I experienced on the Repub side. Just getting dailies and weeklies done was a struggle.

Then when I finally took this class into rank ... I barely did enough matches to get on the board. I haven't been back to ranked since. Because all the matches ended the same. Loss after loss and my commando being the focus and dead within the first 10 seconds of the match. I was lucky to even accomplish enough to get a medal reward.

And it is a pity too. This class has some amazing strengths. But without a focus break, it is all but impossible to perform well in arenas. Odds are I'll probably never take the mando or my alt merc into a ranked match again. If I do go into ranked, it will be on a FOTM alt and not on a class I actually enjoy playing.

But as much begging and pleading the merc / mando community has done asking for a single change to help make us even viable in arena style format, it has all been on death ears. And like many of my fellow merc / mandos, we simply stopped trying to develop change. We might as well be shouting at the wall because there is nobody in the room from the development side listening.

I have been thinking about how to help the Merc/Commando survive well enough to survive being focused like they do. What if Adrenaline rush/Kolto Overload healed twice as much as it currently does at just as rapid a rate as it does right now with a 4 second longer duration plus Commandos and Mercs can get passive ability that combines the effects of the lvl 52 ability called Adrenaline Fueled from the Vanguard plasmatech discipline + the heroic utility Emergency Stims. Maybe the damage reduction boost from Adrenaline Fueled can even be doubled to 60% reduction from all damage while Adrenaline Rush is active. That'd make Commando's and Merc pretty hard to take down I'd think. Do you guys think that might be a bit to overpowered for the commandos? I really like their dps numbers so it might be a problem if they can get 12 seconds of really good survivability, but maybe that is what they need to have to be good in ranked.

I clearly stated no offence.

Not only that but a good player necer whines and cries like you.. Why do you pick a class that requires skill to master and is hard to use like a commando? No body is stopping you from making a opfotm class. You complain as if you are not allowed to make a opfotm class...if you want to stick to a class you arnt happy with then go roll one that you think is overpowered... Tired of hearing you moan hush little one

How do you expect anyone not to take offense at your blithering? seriously? no offense but you accuse me of whining, crying , tell me to re-roll, and then "shh"... yeah nothing offensive there. we'll sorry but i am offended... not only at your comments but at the assumption that everyone should roll the same classes to compete.

I have a pt, i have a sorc, and have a sin.. and their respective pub equivalents... i play what i play because i like it, and i like the challenge.. ive said this many times.

I dont need to play FOTM to be competitive, some people do. If you were truly as skilled as you think you are you would take on the challenge, not run to the fotm.

You dont like my commentary, tough, i really dont care, deal with it, its not going to stop until i leave the game for good.

There are only 2 things ive called people out for in this game... re-rolling fotm, and running only premades. if you are doing either, or both, you are not near as good as you think you are.

i would understand 1 season of this, stuff happens, things dont always turn out how devs think they will, but 3? no, thats not acceptable for any class in ay game to be op for that long, period.

Edited by Floplag

I think BW created Powermerc in AP 3.0. Mercenary specs actually not filing any gaps :(

AP has no procs. Tha's unique for a melee - now mainly midrange - spec.

Devs...please compare Annihilation or Lethality spec with that thing. Is that balance?

I don't follow much of what you're saying here. but AP does have procs. and those procs (as with the old pyro) are essential to maintaining resources and generating burst.

Ehhh, we might see slightly, slightly fewer sins as a result of the aoe dotspread changes

I know probably everyone says this who plays FoTM classes, but I've been playing my Assassin for a long *** time. Hell, I even played Madness when it was a disgusting spec purely because I liked the playstyle.

That being said, I'm not feeling my Assassin as much post-patch. The Lacerate DoT spread is pretty horrible because of the range, force usage and the worst of all - missing hits.

I'll definitely not be playing mine as much.

Edited by Jayshames

I know probably everyone says this who plays FoTM classes, but I've been playing my Assassin for a long *** time. Hell, I even played Madness when it was a disgusting spec purely because I liked the playstyle.

That being said, I'm not feeling my Assassin as much post-patch. The Lacerate DoT spread is pretty horrible because of the range, force usage and the worst of all - missing hits.

I'll definitely not be lplaying mine as much.

I want to say again that players like this that have been sins, or sorcs, or pts before they were op do not count when i call out FOTM OP stuff... just those of you that go with wherever the FOTM winds blow.

I like my Merc, from the lore perspective, the play style... many reasons, none of which have anything to do with being op in any way. Like this guy i play it cause i like it.

Telling people like me to jump to the fotm is about the dumbest thing you can suggest, really, it is.

Edited by Floplag

I want to say again that players like this that have been sins, or sorcs, or pts before they were op do not count when i call out FOTM OP stuff... just those of you that go with wherever the FOTM winds blow.

I like my Merc, from the lore perspective, the play style... many reasons, none of which have anything to do with being op in any way. Like this guy i play it cause i like it.

Telling people like me to jump to the fotm is about the dumbest thing you can suggest, really, it is.

Don't get me wrong I actually play a lot of my Merc aswell, but it's one of the few classes where I stop playing it because I get so stressed out when I get several matches in a row being focused. I really enjoy my Merc in regs right now, the odd game where you can go unfocused is a ton of fun.

I'm not quite sure what to play right now. As I say, Assassin was my go-to but I'm really not enjoying the DoT spread right now and Deception feels to clunky for my liking.

So you either play the class you love and lose all the time, miss rewards. Or you can reroll a sorc/sin/pt and when 100% of the ranked population will use only these 3 classes then we will have balance?

Very right.

Most hardcore PvP players would respond to this withj an "L2P", "play harder" and "roll Imp."

At one point, PvP will bge 100 % Imperial Faction. I can't wait for that day.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You are absolutely right, i have a sage and a sorc in full pvp and can put up stupid numbers barely knowing what im doing. I play the merc/mando cause i enjoy their place in the lore and basically find all force user hypocrites and predictable in the story and such.

For me it comes down to this... do i want to play another class, or another game. On principal alone i don't want to be forced to play something i don't really want to play. I mean i can understand one season of classes being OP, thats typical in these games, but 3? freaking three? unacceptable.

Ah I've had the same experience since Battlemaster. I've enjoyed to play the classes the devs seem to hold disdain for. Enjoying Agent or Bounty Hunter should not be a guilty pleasure. If rumors are true It will be the Bounty Hunter that actually gets to Kill the new Emperor in the fall expansion. Why not give this poor class it's due.

Now that the warzones are mostly sorc, jugg, and ssin. The handful of mercs, snipers that know how to play their class and stuck it out all this time will get due diligence.