Renewed changes for PTs and BHs overall.

TalonVII

Since these changes affect not only the PT, but some of the overall BH skills and abilities, I'm going to talk about them here.

As I see it PT while having some good DPS in the AP discipline, it's a hot flaming mess pardon the pun. Skills are all over the place, not really enough attacks in the lineup, defenses suck and on 2 disciplines, heat management is atrocious. These are some changes that I HOPE will bring a tad more balance to the disciplines and make them more fun as grinding a PT right now is just a chore when it used to be fun. This also covers vanguards, just use the applicable skills.

Starting off with the merc sharing a few skills as overall BH skills.

1. Trauma Regulators. Yes this should be on the PT tree in the skills you can choose from at the legendary tier for PTs. HOWEVER everyone says that 70% is OP, but the standard 30% you get with Kolto Overload is a joke. Split the difference and make TR boost to 50% instead of 70, problems solved.

2. Fusion missle. Make this a BH class skill, not just MERC only. I could find some great use for this in just about any discipline tree for PT as a good leadoff ability. Even channeled. I mean really, what would it hurt to have another DOT attack a PT could have to lead off an assault Since it has a 30 Meter range?

3. Responsive safeguards. Yes this should be a BH skill, but it does need a nerf. Probably in health and damage caused. Atleast 30% to both if not 50% But it's still a good skill a PT needs.

PT additions:

1. Return flame thrower. Yes we want it back. But with the following change. Make it akin to force lightning the sorcs have. Single target and channel cast. 15 heat generation does pretry much the damage it used to before being removed. It's ability many loved and would like to see returned besides the legendary ability. Please?

2.Move jetpack charge back down to level freaking 10! 59 is a joke. And a bad one and I'm kinda sick of it. There was absolutely zero reason to move the charge to 59 when every other class with a charge kept their at lvl 2. JUGG/Mara, looking at you.

3. Onslaught. 20 meters please? This 10m crap is just plain annoying. Literally have to run up to a group to use it. At times I want to stand off from an NPC group before I rush in to attack. That or give us that fusion missle at 30m as a nice leadoff. 1 or the other.

PT discipline changes

AP: 1 remove gut. Really isn't needed and it's more needed IMHO on shield tech on its first skill. Should be replaced with something like a single target scatter shot. Where it hits one target and it has even a higher chance to knock a target down if it's a weak NPC. Call it "Slam shot". Least for now. Other than that, some better heat mitigation like shield tech has. Maybe not quite as effective, but more along those lines.

Pyro: WAY BETTER HEAT MANAGEMENT! Just purely atrocious. Along with other changes like addition of fusion missle and return of flame thrower, should give pyros more toys to play with and a better rotation.

Sheild: Well starting off, ditch oil slick. Pretty much worthless, or just make it a PT skill overall. Replace with gut, since that makes much more sense to have over here. Be a nice proc for rail shot besides rocket punch and add a bit more DPS for the discipline.

Replace translocate with what I call "shield overload" Basically at 8m shield tech can overload his shield and get the equivalent of an area electro dart, stunning everyone around for 4 seconds. Which might be OP, but would be a quite helpful tool. This one might need to be tweaked or replaced with something else, just an idea, don't shoot me on this one.

These are just my ideas to get PTs overall into a better place skill, heat and rotation wise Now I am sure DPS would have to be changed along with TR and RS to make sure PTs would be balanced and not OP FOTM that happened with Mercs. I realize this. But as it stands now PT(and VG) are just not that fun to play atm. I want to get them there, that's all.