The power of the players

Ashlockheart

First let me say thank you for listening to us when we asked for more story. Not many company's take what players say to heart. So you honor us for listening. I have not played the new Expansion yet, but I can't wait to.

Now on to the main point of the post. I have looked at all the things you are changing to the game, and the one thing I saw was no voice acting for some parts. Now I will say right up front. that is not the right direction to go. Voice acting and the cut scenes in your game is what made us want more story, more companion story, and more class Missions. Those are what made us feel so alive in this game. It is what makes you stand out from all those other games. Don't waver from the Destiny you have made for your self, and for us. And I will say this with full faith in every one who plays your game. Don't worry so much about the cost. Because my self and others would be more then willing to help as long as you listen to what matters to us.

And to prove my point further any one willing to pay as long as they give us what we want please post signed on this post. Why would i say that? Well you would be amazed about how many people out there won't let you fall as long as you stay in the right direction, and listen to what they enjoy about this game.

I think they struck a happy medium. Main story is voiced. Repeatable stuff isn't and probably doesn't need to be. I'd like it to be, but I can live without it, if it means they don't have to spend the extra money bringing all the VAs in for all of that and then translating and doing it in all the localized languages. Every word that gets written in a non-class specific cross-faction conversation (Which is what we have these days) has to be recorded 48 times.

8 classes

2 genders

3 languages

Every. Single. Word.

That's a metric buttload of voice acting. I'd love it, but I completely understand why they only chose to voice the most important bits - the main story.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

First let me say thank you for listening to us when we asked for more story. Not many company's take what players say to heart. So you honor us for listening.
Story has been central in nearly EVERYTHING Bioware has released (the only exceptions were GSF and GSH)...

• Makeb (ROTHC) was 100% story driven

• Oricon was 100% story driven

• Foraged Alliances was 100% story driven

• Shadows of Revan was 100% story driven

• Ziost was 100% story driven

Where do you feel like you've been shafted on story content exactly?

We've ALWAYS had story content...the only thing FE has done is not included the extra repeatable stuff that we usually got along with the story update.

It's fine, imo. Considering there's like a billion Alliance characters and the scenes don't matter that much for them. I much prefer they keep up the quality of the actual story like it has been for the first nine chapters than put resources in making little scenes for each one of the Alliance dudes.

First let me say thank you for listening to us when we asked for more story.

Agreed. The new story is awesome. In fact, I think it's the best SWTOR expansion story yet.

Now on to the main point of the post. I have looked at all the things you are changing to the game, and the one thing I saw was no voice acting for some parts. Now I will say right up front. that is not the right direction to go.

I was struck by this change as well. It's primarily an issue with the Alliance repeatables and their quest lines. After the smooth flow of the story in FE, it was really weird to end up with these non-voiced dialogues. And while the dialogues themselves are okay, in relation to the other smooth story content with complete voicing, it makes the repeatable content appear cheesy.

It's fine, imo. Considering there's like a billion Alliance characters and the scenes don't matter that much for them. I much prefer they keep up the quality of the actual story like it has been for the first nine chapters than put resources in making little scenes for each one of the Alliance dudes.

It's sooo good, to see someone who has taken the time to think about this issue.

I think, it's more of a, people want what they don't have--type thing. Like, it's not as if BW had no voiced dialogue throughout entirety of KOTFE. It's only for the Alliance, parts, which like you said, isn't really a part of the main story.

It's sooo good, to see someone who has taken the time to think about this issue.

I think, it's more of a, people want what they don't have--type thing. Like, it's not as if BW had no voiced dialogue throughout entirety of KOTFE. It's only for the Alliance, parts, which like you said, isn't really a part of the main story.

I think it's more of a future fear than a current one for many players. Just like the side quests in SoR having absolutely no voice acting. Players are afraid that even the core story may move in that direction soon more than they care about some random conversation that isn't important not having dialogue.

Story has been central in nearly EVERYTHING Bioware has released (the only exceptions were GSF and GSH)...

Where do you feel like you've been shafted on story content exactly?

We've ALWAYS had story content...the only thing FE has done is not included the extra repeatable stuff that we usually got along with the story update.

With one story for each side that never changed in large or small ways regardless of the choices you made.

And contained at least one boss that many (including myself) couldn't defeat. And it ended in an OP which kept many solo players from even going to the planet in the first place.

And they finally figured out that "if we make solo FP's, people will probably enjoy it!"

And they realized with that 1 class specific story mission "THAT'S what they meant when they said they wanted more story with choices that matter"

So while it's true that there's ALWAYS been story....it hasn't always been available for solo players, & it hasn't always been MY story....where MY choices matter.

I think if the option was to have chapter 9 being the end of the expansion and the alliance thing not even being something at all, along with all content attached to that being removed vs what we have now...I'll take now.

I don't think not having the main character voiced for the alliance content was a choice made out of design whimsy. I have to assume it was related to time or money.

Not really, certainly not for solo players, anyway; given that it ends in an Op...

Huh? Ending in an Op doesn't negate the fact that the entire expansion is one massive STORY! Single player or multiplayer...it's still STORY!