Jugg vs PT

Strombrad

I'm currently wrestling over weather to level a Juggernaut or a Power Tech for my main, I love the play of both and hope that both are decent viable tanks.

Right now, My biggest concerns are Viability, Look(of the gear at level cap,) and Story. Which would you guys recommend to some one with vast understanding of the Genre, but limited understanding of the game?

PT tanking is substantially easier, both to tank with and to level with since Juggs require a lot of the talents while leveling to make them resource normal. In the endgame, the quality of their tanking is largely a wash; the only major difference you'll likely be able to notice is that PTs have substantially better DPS and threat generation (though if you taunt fluff, it's a nonissue for Juggs). Aesthetics isn't a major concern, what with the prevalence of adaptive gear (not to mention that mods mean more than shells so you can dress up as the other class if you prefer the gear aesthetics of one over the other).

I tank end game content with each of the three tank classes (Jugg, Assassin, PT) and I feel I can say that there is no substantial difference in viability between them.

As with all things in the game, the class is only as good as the player behind it. As the poster above said, PT is slightly easier to play (in terms of rotation and threat generation).

^ what they said ^

What its going to come down to is what you find enjoyable to play. I have a PT and a jugg. And myself I find the Jugg to be more fun and more rewarding as a tank.

I know between them aggro on a jugg can be annoying at times, unlike my PT which can hit the mob a few times and let me get up and make a sandwich.