well, it could be that they simply forgot to toggle off the healing role in the group finder window. Happened to me recently with my jugg. I'm playing DPS but forgot to toggle the tank role off, since the group finder doesn't really check your spec or gear or something. was a surprise when I noticed there were two other DPS than me and that I was supposed to tank. so, yeah, I definitely think you should have to toggle your role before joining the queue manually each time or things like that may happen.

I have had this happen over the last week or so with flashpoints (esp lower ones) it is the F2P people. (You can tell cuz Subs now get their legacy at lvl 10 and can show their legacy and title). They don't care to check the GF to make sure they are queued right. Just start kicking them from group.

Otherwise it is people that don't want to wait very long for a queue since they are dps. But it isn't anyone else's fault/problem that they don't want to play a tank/healer.

In the end though, I would just kick them or leave if your the tank. (I've left ALOT of HM FP's over the last week because of that and 14k people that think they are too good for the FREE Tionese gear. (My jugg dps is 17k with Tionese gear/Recurit implants. There is NO excuse).

Yeah I did false emp last night with a guildie and his new guardian tank on my 61 63 sage healer. The two dps we got were pitiful and took a little offense when called out on it. Both still had some level 40ish green gear and 14k and 16k health. Even after hk enraged and one shotted the two of em they didn't want to hear about the free recruit and tionese gear they could get.

I've been around since the very beginning of the game launching and I have never seen anything like this before, it has gotten really bad. Yes at first when the GF came out there was come confusion and what not but once it had been around for awhile everyone got the ball rolling and understood the parameters. I have two 50's on Imp side and am working on my third now a JK. Will I get the FREE recruit and tionese gear upon hitting 50? Damn skippy. It has mods you can fit to your gear or simply swap it out wholesale, I don't understand the issue here. Anyways, my whole point after my little rant here is that what is happening is people who sub and people who are FTP (With exceptions) are creating a rift between the two types of players. I expected it to happen honestly as the world especially the internet is filled with people who know better than you do at every turn and just will not take advice at all regardless of how many times or how politely you try.

All we can do as a community and as players is to aid those who are willing and eager to listen or take advice. Bring them into the fold and welcome them with open arms. The rest? Well they will always get left by the wayside wondering just what the hell happened when they can't get a group or find themselves stuck with nobody to help em. I for one, run around the various planets with my Founder tag on so that those who are new can stop me and ask me questions in which I am more than happy to stop and answer what I can or provide them the direction to find out.

Safe Paths,

Do'san.

used to be a group finder bug where some healers are queued up as dps and some dps being queued up as healers. after patches and updates it still happens from time to time. also it can reset and change what you have had previously picked. i have noticed this at times on my sage healer so i make a note to double check when i do queue up for the very rare pug i now do.

I have queued up as DPS on my vanguard and ended up having to tank. I even checked specifically to make sure that I was only set as DPS, and 5 mins later, I got a pop and I was set as the tank.

it didn't bother me too much, at level 38 doing Maelstroms Prison, I just chucked on a shield generator and changed stance.

But I would have rather gotten to do it as DPS.

Sad thing is (or maybe not so sad...), I rolled a healer because of the fact that, since f2p, there has been a huge lack of them. While I'm leveling (currently lvl 31 Sage), I just broadcast "healer lfg for [insert quest here]" and typically the pure DPS classes come-a-runnin'. DPSers have then place, but they don't always make a healers job any easier when they are not geared like a tank and can mitigate damage.

On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?

They are cutting in line. I have had the displeasure to heal plenty of tanks sporting a generator. Just changing stance isn't going to make it much easier for me to heal you.

All we can do as a community and as players is to aid those who are willing and eager to listen or take advice. Bring them into the fold and welcome them with open arms. The rest? Well they will always get left by the wayside wondering just what the hell happened when they can't get a group or find themselves stuck with nobody to help em. I for one, run around the various planets with my Founder tag on so that those who are new can stop me and ask me questions in which I am more than happy to stop and answer what I can or provide them the direction to find out.

Safe Paths,

Do'san.

I had some guildies run into a problem with 13k/14k HM people. They even asked them if they knew about the FREE Tionese gear. They said they did but didn't care about it/didn't need it.

People are expecting to get carried now, since they believe everyone else is in BH/Dread Guard and can handle it. Honestly? I only run HM's if I can get one other guildie to come with me, and either I will leave (If both other parties are unwilling to get the gear) or I will tell them about the free gear then kick them.

Some people might call me a B-tch/Ahole/Whatever but I wouldn't do it to other people so why should I let people do it to me?! The quest isn't hard to miss either, you get it from the same terminal that you get the daily/weekly/operations from.

They are cutting in line. I have had the displeasure to heal plenty of tanks sporting a generator. Just changing stance isn't going to make it much easier for me to heal you.

Amen, if you are a Tank spec and gear as a tank.I loathe the guys that say "I can tank or DPS" . My reply is pick one and specialize. I sometimes see people say "DPS/Heal". No they cannot, I refer to my last statement. Pick one and master it.

Amen, if you are a Tank spec and gear as a tank.I loathe the guys that say "I can tank or DPS" . My reply is pick one and specialize. I sometimes see people say "DPS/Heal". No they cannot, I refer to my last statement. Pick one and master it.

With free field respec, Healers can definitely swap on the fly. Tanks need 2 sets of gear. My main's tank set is halfway to full 63, and his dps set is nearly full 61s

It happened to me sometime that I uncheck dps and queue up. Nothing pops up yet so I was about to leave queue. Then, I saw dps box checked, which is strange because I am certain that I unchecked it. It could be either way, intended or bugs or carelessness.

I think when 1.6 came out the GF reset.

I had this happen to me on my merc BH. Specced DPS, got into group as healer. Luckily, healing ain't that tough in SM sub 50 FPs; I muddled through :).

But when I went to my other characters I made sure to check the GF options and both my JK tank and Smuggler healer were set to DPS as well and set to queue for HM LI (I don't bother with LI, not worth the headaches).

I have done all HM's except LI as both DPS or Healer on my sage without respecing. I frankly was an asset as a DPS on many occasions when the healer missed someone , let them get near death, or couldn't keep up with the healing needs. Maybe that is just a unique thing about sages. Though I will say I have all columni parts except some of my enhancements. Really, I have had a few pugs that were challenging but none since my first that I couldn't heal through the weaker players. I just make note of any DPS that needs healing and make sure to stay ahead on force armor on them as well as the tank. So far I havent had a fail pug since my first (yet anyways). Edited by david_watt

I have had this happen over the last week or so with flashpoints (esp lower ones) it is the F2P people. (You can tell cuz Subs now get their legacy at lvl 10 and can show their legacy and title). They don't care to check the GF to make sure they are queued right. Just start kicking them from group.

That's a little harsh. When I first started playing I had no idea what I was doing and dual-queued for Flashpoints. It maybe just that they didn't know the proper queuing procedure, since the game doesn't really explain it to them, and could use some polite guidance. If they explained that they didn't know and would fix that in future, then I would have no problem carrying them (though if they were a douche about it, I might add them to my ignore list). In short, don't always attribute malice where ignorance can be the culprit.

With free field respec, Healers can definitely swap on the fly. Tanks need 2 sets of gear. My main's tank set is halfway to full 63, and his dps set is nearly full 61s

Gear does'nt make skill. My main is a tank and knowing all the fight mechanics is key to being good at. I know guys who try your tactic and I am underimpressed by it. The guys that only do dps are better at it than the guys who flop around between re-specs. Tanking and DPS are not the same. I know several sages that refuse to go heals spec, I can respect the honest answer that they feel they are no good at at healing. Free respec might be better used to change your pvp format with your pve format.

Gear does'nt make skill. My main is a tank and knowing all the fight mechanics is key to being good at. I know guys who try your tactic and I am underimpressed by it. The guys that only do dps are better at it than the guys who flop around between re-specs. Tanking and DPS are not the same. I know several sages that refuse to go heals spec, I can respect the honest answer that they feel they are no good at at healing. Free respec might be better used to change your pvp format with your pve format.

yeah but is there a single HM FP that is challenging for a half smart DPS?

yeah but is there a single HM FP that is challenging for a half smart DPS?

Maelstrom prision requires some thought on two boss fights especially if all dps are melee. Ol' laser eyes and mr-darthmaul-wannabe, I have seen groups wipe on this to many times:-p. Sadly on your comment the final boss of the easiest of the fp's will kill them. T5 anyone? I have seen geared groups wipe on that even in HM farm mode. All it takes is a lack of communication and itsa wipe. Who hasn't wiped on the trash in Kaon? The dark room with all the mobs has to be pulled then dps'd just right or you will have a series of wipes. Or lets move through the final encounter the last room befor the boss requires some serious cc's to make it survivable. Sadly this game is full of people who require it hand holding or else the group suffers. Ironfist on esselles can be tricky if the dps think the mechanics are the same between sm and hm. HM's FP are not so easy if you use group finder and don't have voice.

On three separate occasions i grouped in flashpoints with the apparent healer specked as DPS and had all the right mind they were only there for DPS. What is going on?

My scoundrel and my sage often get sent to groups as a healer when I triple check that it only says DPS. There is a bug that can toggle healing even if you don't have it toggled. Also both roles will sometimes toggle, so make sure to check that the correct are only toggled, before you queue.

Well, I'm sorry for playing and wanting to enjoy all aspects of my character. It's nice to dps sometimes after being a thankless meatshield (exaggeration). It's not like I would take my character as dps into progression raiding, that would not go well, but for hard mode flashpoints or story mode EC/TFB comm runs where someone else prefers to tank, it is a non-issue.

You are spot on with the text I bolded. There are many skills in the trees that are only suited to PvE or PvP and being able to hone your spec for free is a big bonus.

Maelstrom prision requires some thought on two boss fights especially if all dps are melee. Ol' laser eyes and mr-darthmaul-wannabe, I have seen groups wipe on this to many times:-p. Sadly on your comment the final boss of the easiest of the fp's will kill them. T5 anyone? I have seen geared groups wipe on that even in HM farm mode. All it takes is a lack of communication and itsa wipe.

I haven't wiped on any of this crap in ages, even on my fresh 50s in recruit gear who join random LFG groups with other people in recruit gear. Once you know the mechanics and LOS tricks, these fights are easy.

Who hasn't wiped on the trash in Kaon?

Haha, I'll give you this one. Enough people stacked on the exploding mobs will wipe the group every time. People speed running the FP wipe in the dark room because they try to skip too much and get Screamered into another group. Honestly the trash in Kaon is the boss and the bosses are the trash.

Bottom line: it sounds like you find the content a little more challenging than the playerbase at large.

Had this happen to me. Luckily I was playing a sage. Healer goes "lol don't need heal spec" then gets irritated when we wipe on bonus boss. I pretty much went F this. Respecced as heals and the FP went on as planned.

I shouldn't have had to do that though. Especially considering I queued as DPS and waited longer so I wouldn't have to heal in the first place. :mad: