Patch 1.1.1 changes to Operatives

Traumahawk

According to the test server patch notes:

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the test server patch notes:

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

ridic....simply ridic

This just frustrates the hell out of me.

1. If reduceing the knock down to 1.5sec, then this SHOULD NOT fill their resolve and let us be able to use another CC if need be..

2. If they are limiting our burst, then they need to look at some of our out of stealth abilities for more dmg.

3. People that cry enough get their way...sad really

1.1.1 destroys the class plain and simple. I could accept a moderate nerf but a nerf of this kind is ridiculous...

Well then, glad I have a sorc twink lvl 35 already. He`ll become my new main char.

I'm glad I rerolled another class once the IA story was finished. I already felt useless enough in Warzones I feel for anyone leveling Operative who likes to PvP. I know the truth of the matter.

is it just me or dose that seem like a huge nerf to the entier class not just our burst

also with the nerf to our knockdown is 1.5 sec even enough time to get another ability off with the global cooldown feeling like it takes forever

not to mention the fact that sometimes when u open the lagging *** opponent slides like 3m forward and your not even close enough to use anything

Glad to see that Bioware makes decisions based on the amount of crying people do. We need to start crying for buffs. Let's get a shadow-step like ability, a sprint, and a two tac adv finisher that deals massive damage. All on a short CD.

Hows Lethality in PvE? Haven't done an operation yet but, from various flashpoints, I find myself energy starved quite often.

Not only does this destroy PvP Concealment, PvE side I wonder if the 20% nerf on armor pen would have a big impact.... Concealment Operatives are a bursty class but, once out of stealth, all you can really do is shiv and lacerate for 1-2.5k crit on a champion geared opponent. A semi decent S keyer won't allow you to backstab at wiill.

Otherwise, if you want to DPS, might as well pick sniper. Operative side of things looks like healing is the way to go now. Even then, the 31pt talent is lackluster compared to the other healing classes.

is it just me or dose that seem like a huge nerf to the entier class not just our burst

also with the nerf to our knockdown is 1.5 sec even enough time to get another ability off with the global cooldown feeling like it takes forever

not to mention the fact that sometimes when u open the lagging *** opponent slides like 3m forward and your not even close enough to use anything

You will probably get a backstab in after hidden strike. That's it, and they can respond to you during the backstab.

Glad to see that Bioware makes decisions based on the amount of crying people do. We need to start crying for buffs. Let's get a shadow-step like ability, a sprint, and a two tac adv finisher that deals massive damage. All on a short CD.

Problem is that our class is the least played class. Bioware is a capitalist company, they wanna satify the masses. And the masses play force users.

Remember this is test server patch notes, nothing is final:P

Let me hop on PTR level an Operative to 50 get them geared out in PvP gear and see how they fair against evenly geared opponents. It only took me 7 days /played the last time lol

lol so much QQ...from people saying everyone else QQs? The biggest QQ you can do is "I don't like the change so I am quitting"

Regardless...The burst damage is rather insane in PvP from operatives. It is not uncommon to have one knock me down and kill me within that knockdown without fail each time...easily critting for 7-9k with a few more hits to finish me off. We haven't seen the changes in action and even after I am sure they will be altered again in the future...every class will have its series of nerfs and buffs. The game is still fresh and new and to cry and quit when they need to make some adjustments is the epitome of immature QQing.

Get over it, accept it, and work with it. The truly good players will come out still on top even after a class nerf.

lol so much QQ...from people saying everyone else QQs? The biggest QQ you can do is "I don't like the change so I am quitting"

Personally I quit the class a couple weeks ago. Concealment flat out sucks in PvP and you cannot get in a group for PvE.

Regardless...The burst damage is rather insane in PvP from operatives. It is not uncommon to have one knock me down and kill me within that knockdown without fail each time...easily critting for 7-9k with a few more hits to finish me off. We haven't seen the changes in action and even after I am sure they will be altered again in the future...every class will have its series of nerfs and buffs. The game is still fresh and new and to cry and quit when they need to make some adjustments is the epitome of immature QQing.

Get over it, accept it, and work with it. The truly good players will come out still on top even after a class nerf.

It is not insane. If you died to an Operative you were either a) below 50 fighting a 50 geared Op, b) at low health fighting a 36+ Op, c) both of those, or d) 50, had no PvP gear and not at full health. Burst is all the Operative had. They have nothing else.

If they were really overpowered as people say they would not be the least played class in the game. If you want to see an overpowered class look at Sorcerer. Its not uncommon I'm in a match with 6-7 Sorcs. People gravitate to the FotM and people weren't and aren't rolling Operative.

Edited by heiamll