Bioware Broke Starparse?

Title pretty much says it all.

It is very very hard to raid difficult content without starparse. How do I tell if a new healer in my guild is pulling their weight or being carried? How do I tell what killed me when I dropped from 100% ? How does my raid group tell if we are doing enough damage to meet the DPS check? You cant tell.

This is bullshyt and should be patched right away. Whatever you guys did to "fix" shielding...unfix it because shielding was fine before but now the entire application does not work.

Not good. We absolutely need to get this fixed.

The question is: did Bioware break Starparse by completely changing the log with no regards to tools that analyse it, or was Starparse not flexible enough to handle minor changes by ignoring unknown data?

Anyway, hotfix was released 11h ago: http://ixparse.com/

Edited by Mubrak

The question is: did Bioware break Starparse by completely changing the log with no regards to tools that analyse it, or was Starparse not flexible enough to handle minor changes by ignoring unknown data?

Anyway, hotfix was released 11h ago: http://ixparse.com/

Are you sure this hotfix actually works? Me and my guild were doing ops yesterday, we all had starparse on and It updated itself, yet no one could see any information in it anyway.

Maybe click the link and read what Ixale himself wrote about this ;)

The hotfix wasn't enough yet, he is working on the issue further next week.

A little patience until it's done.

For personal parsing some people wrote here in the forum, Parsec still works. Without the raidservice. Haven't tried it myself though.

Title pretty much says it all.

It is very very hard to raid difficult content without starparse. How do I tell if a new healer in my guild is pulling their weight or being carried? How do I tell what killed me when I dropped from 100% ? How does my raid group tell if we are doing enough damage to meet the DPS check? You cant tell.

This is bullshyt and should be patched right away. Whatever you guys did to "fix" shielding...unfix it because shielding was fine before but now the entire application does not work.

You're talking about a third party program here, Bioware are under no obligation to maintain it. Did you even check if any other parses worked?

Oh, and the way you know if your group is doing enough damage to meet the DPS check is pretty simple, 1. the boss dies, 2. the boss phases, 3. the boss enrages.

You're talking about a third party program here, Bioware are under no obligation to maintain it. Did you even check if any other parses worked?

Oh, and the way you know if your group is doing enough damage to meet the DPS check is pretty simple, 1. the boss dies, 2. the boss phases, 3. the boss enrages.

Also, simply turning on defeat messages in the combat logging section of the preferences will tell you what killed you along with the ability that was used at the time of the death.

Sometimes its not as easys as "you have not enough damage, when the boss goes enrage." Blaming all DPS for the fault, that maybe only one or two did isn't always the way to go. Moreover, the kill entry doesn't always say everything I want to know as a raid leader. Just an exampel: One of our healers said yesterday, he received forceful slam two times in a row. He survived the first and died to the second. The responsible tank said, he just hit the group once. The kill entry just said "Forceful Slam". To reveal the truth, Star Parse would have been very helpful.

I don't say, that Star Parse is necessary. We already did some stuff without. But it is indeed very helpful in some situations. When everything runs great, you don't need it. But it's support by working out certain faults is very appreciated.

Edited by Exocor