WTH is Doc doing?

MuraliPatel

Alright, since about 2 fixes/patches ago, Doc has simply not been functioning properly in terms of his healing AI. He doesn't heal me very often at all, and more often than not he's simply shooting his blaster at an enemy. I've turned off ALL of his CC's & offensive abilities, and he is in Healing Stance. What gives?

If you leave Carbonized Stream on Auto-cast, sometimes he will just continually channel it if the enemy he's trying to CC is immune.

There are also some times when he will let you get out of range or out of line of sight, but if the enemy is still in range/LoS, then he will just stop healing and start firing instead of moving back into position to target you.

Those are the only two issues that I know of.

Have you tried manually forcing him to cast a heal or two?

Couple of things I've noticed.

1) turn off carbonised stream

2) put him into medic mode (doesn't make a huge difference)

3) when you use force leap, make sure you aren't leaping through a door frame or over a ridge, because if he can't clearly see you, he won't heal you, and the lazy sod won't move to you.

4) if you switch to doc from another companion, and you aren't at full health, he won't heal you. This is bloody odd, but I've tried it a few times. Just make sure you are 100% and you will be fine.

Doc is an extremely lazy companion. If you're out of range, he wont come to you to heal you. He will, instead, fire his gun at the enemy.

Either move the enemy back toward him or keep him on passive, only switching him back to normal after you've already attacked.

I've noticed this problem, too. One work-around is that you can put him in passive/follow mode for one or two seconds, turn that mode off and he'll be back in range/LoS to heal you again.

I've not heard if this is a bug/glitch or working as intended... But I suspect it's a bug.

I too have noticed (by notice I mean I die and go *** Doc!?) that he will just stop healing. In fact he will just auto attack when I am nearly dead. :confused:

There are two reasons:

1. You didn't turn on his medwatch ability.

2. You were out of range. He wont close the gap when you're out or range, he'll just stay way out there and fire his gun.

Edited by Faolon

He's a little buggy, right now.. Worst case scenario, to get him working again just run to him and manually make him heal you and he'll be right back on track :).. I found this to be annoying, I'm sure Bioware will fix the companion AI soon, but for now.. Just run to him if he's not healing and make him heal you once and he should be on track