Hardest Operation Boss?

As the title says above.

I haven't done many hard mode operations but I think Operator IX is the toughest boss in TFB HM. It requires great communication and coordination to defeat it. I have seen many groups struggle with this boss. Some players might accidently kill the wrong orb or not get to the cores fast enough. Most players ask others if they have the achievement for the boss before inviting them.

Another one would be Master and Blaster in the Ravagers. The growing aoes and the bombs on players offer little room for maneuver. And Master's flame ability can be brutal for melee players. The boss also puts a lot of strain on the healers as well, especially if players are standing in the aoes. I don't even want to know what it's like on hard mode.

What is your pick for the hardest operation boss?

Edited by MrNihulus

Hardest operation boss in what mode?

The hardest bosses in HM are not the hardest bosses in NiM.

*shameless plug* streaming a HM operation marathon tonight, possibly some NiM. If you have time to catch some of it, I will no doubt be going through which ones are hardest vs. easiest and why. If you're interested.

More or less any of Styrak, Brontes, Hateful or M&B on 16man mode, some might argue against 16man cause in certain cases bossfights gets slightly easier, however, the 16man factor is very important due to how difficult it is to find and organise 16 Nightmare capable raiders.

More or less any of Styrak, Brontes, Hateful or M&B on 16man mode, some might argue against 16man cause in certain cases bossfights gets slightly easier, however, the 16man factor is very important due to how difficult it is to find and organise 16 Nightmare capable raiders.

Yeah, 16m are another topic. The major problem here are the increasing performance-issues.

Edited by Exocor

Yes thats why there are no 16M NiM guilds :p

What is your pick for the hardest operation boss?

Well in my opinion master blaster and revan tie for the hardest hm boss but if I was to base on the dps check styrak, heals raptus by far, and tank check in revan/mb.

Well in my opinion master blaster and revan tie for the hardest hm boss but if I was to base on the dps check styrak, heals raptus by far, and tank check in revan/mb.

Heal check Raptus? Really? Did you ever healed Blaster phase 2 and 3? Or Ruugar with eating mouse droids?

The problem at all is the wrong scaling of the bosses, that means that the operation bosses never will be hard as they come out.

And that evryone exploiting Brontes with jumping.

The hardest boss at the moment is brontes if you dont exploiting with jumping.

But the hardest boss ever in his true form at 2.8 was Dread Council.

Edited by Master-Excutor

The problem at all is the wrong scaling of the bosses, that means that the operation bosses never will be hard as they come out.

And that evryone exploiting Brontes with jumping.

The hardest boss at the moment is brontes if you dont exploiting with jumping.

But the hardest boss ever in his true form at 2.6 was Dread Council.

"Exploiting Brontes with jumping"?

So, jumping out of an aoe suddenly is exploiting? It's nothing else than this.

No, the exploit is that if tanks jumps at the right time while dealing with slam from the hands, they take no damage what so ever, likely as a result of not technically standing in the damaging marker on the group (as they are in the air). This means that your tanks take no damage what so ever during six finger phase as well as in the burn phase.

Quite a few groups with bad healers do this to get the wings.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

humm..jumping in "Z" axis, its not jumping out of the aoe. prolly it is broken or bad coded - kinda like snipers wouldnt be pulled while on entrench in second boss TOS HM. its not working like it should imo. if u are doing it im ok with that, people use whatever they want to kill boss, diferent strats whatever, but imo, its not working like it should.

No, the exploit is that if tanks jumps at the right time while dealing with slam from the hands, they take no damage what so ever, likely as a result of not technically standing in the damaging marker on the group (as they are in the air). This means that your tanks take no damage what so ever during six finger phase as well as in the burn phase.

Quite a few groups with bad healers do this to get the wings.

I know. And I'm doing it as well. Why shouldn't I?

It's basically the same as jumping out of an aoe to force a positional update. Or knocking an add again with overload because overload isn't a cone but a cylinder with basically no height.

As opposed to Hands Slam, which is a cone, where the point is the middle of the hitbox itself, so through jumping, you get out of the area. Has nothing to do with exploiting anything. Is it poorly programmed? Probably, but exploiting? No.

If that is exploiting, so is sitting at above/below a certain distance to not get hit by some aoe or mechanic(C-Zero anyone?), los'ing anything and jumping to make sure you're out of the AoE.

And in case anybody wonders: Yes, I got my coneuqerer of the dread fortress as well. ;)

What I consider an exploit on the other hand is the "don't use green circles to dispell doom so you don't get red circles" tactic on Dread Guards.

If you feel you need to use these exploits to kill the encounter due to a lack of healing or correct usage of cooldowns, feel free, I am just clarifying that it is indeed an exploit.

Why? Exploiting is defined as using a bug. What about this makes it a bug?

Another example: When tanking the Ops Chief in S&V, I completely LoS him. I don't receive any damage from him whatsoever, because LoSing interrupts his terminate cast, which he then starts new. Is this exploiting as well?

Or said "avoid doom" mechanic on Dread Guards?

Is this exploiting as well?

Or said "avoid doom" mechanic on Dread Guards?

Yes.

And avoid doom? You use your cooldowns to get rid of it instead. Game-given abilities.

Unlike jumping to avoid an obviously intended unavoidable damage spike.

Anyway grats on your 2k17 brontes kill /w jumps. Lmfao.

Edited by Evolixe

Yes.

And avoid doom? You use your cooldowns to get rid of it instead. Game-given abilities.

Unlike jumping to avoid an obviously intended unavoidable damage spike.

Avoid Doom is certainly not intended. Back when TFB NiM came out, most of these skills to do that didn't exist, so you had to play the mechanic. Also, through this, you avoid a complete mechanic of a fight, for the whole group.

The jumping on Brontes on the other hand(no pun intended) is just avoiding damage. You still have to play the mechanic of the phase.

And as I said, it's possible because the area of the slam is a cone, lying on the side, if you will, with its point at the center of the hit box. So by jumping, you're outside that cone. Which basically makes it the same as jumping ou of other aoes.

Or, a better comparison would be to outrange Zorns dread debuff(and similar effects that are range based), which is intended to force a target swap. Exploiting as well?:confused:

Ah whatever. You guys are just bitter that noone had discovered this back in 2.8:p

You guys are just bitter that noone had discovered this back in 2.8:p

If that was the case then we'd be doing it too now. But the fact is that we don't.

We recently had a tank on trial that was doing this and he was quickly told to knock it off.

When you manage to beat the fight without jumping slams you can come back here. Untill then you're just a joker :rolleyes:

Avoid Doom is certainly not intended. Back when TFB NiM came out, most of these skills to do that didn't exist, so you had to play the mechanic.

Sounds like you didn't play during this time, Saber Reflect, Hightail It, Force Camo + Guarded, Diversion (with Decoy) as well as Force Barrier all worked vs Doom.

When you manage to beat the fight without jumping slams you can come back here. Untill then you're just a joker :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't I fulfill my role as a tank to minimize damage taken? By that logic, using shroud to keep standing in stupid or to flat out ignore mechanics is exploiting? Or LoS'Ing a cast? Of course not. Neither is hopping out of an aoe. It's clever play, that's all.

I've given a perfectly valid explanation on how it works and why it's not an exploit. You guys just keep repeating "exploit, exploit" without naming where the bug is that is exploited by doing it. I'm no fan of exploiting either, so convince me that I'm using some kind of bug here and I'll happily stop. Until thenI'll keep hopping there. Requires a damn lot more skill than to just stand there and facetank avoidable damage ;)

But we're going way off topic here, soo...

You guys think it's exploiting, I think it's not. Only the Devs can truly answer that. And we all know how likely this is :D

Sounds like you didn't play during this time, Saber Reflect, Hightail It, Force Camo + Guarded, Diversion (with Decoy) as well as Force Barrier all worked vs Doom.

Dang it, you're right. Dunno how I got to this conclusion :confused:

Edited by Torvai