Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS Phase 3 Crafting Fix


_Anderal_'s Avatar


_Anderal_
10.10.2019 , 03:27 AM | #1
Now I know that they cannot scrap the entire new system unless we want to wait 3 more months for release but the price to craft one piece of gear that is green and by the time you hit max level you will have either out ranked it in item level or you will within a week or two. I suggest they just lower the cost for all materials needed to match what we use now 2x all materials has been the norm for sometime. Also possibly lower jawa scraps to 25-50 for 1 material because the way it is now its just not gonna fly.

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
10.10.2019 , 04:06 AM | #2
They know crafting is ludicrously overpriced. They don't care. They won't change nuthin'. Just like with Ossus crafting.

If it doesn't suit specific interest of the guilds the devs are playing in, it won't happen. That's the only design philosophy in place for SWTOR's foreseeable future.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

arunav's Avatar


arunav
10.10.2019 , 04:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Just like with Ossus crafting.
Ossus crafting was perfectly viable by just killing Veteran-mode Queen on multiple characters. The fight became pretty easy once people had a chance to learn it.

6.0 crafting, on the other hand, is a mess for even the most basic items. There's a big difference.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
10.10.2019 , 04:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Ossus crafting was perfectly viable by just killing Veteran-mode Queen on multiple characters. The fight became pretty easy once people had a chance to learn it.
I have to add, as a NIM raider, the past few months have been surprisingly profitable. Each member of my group made about 3bn Credits by just doing what we wanted to do either way - farming titles in Gods. The initial price for Queen-materials was also satisfying.

However, if crafting in general is getting more difficult, players like me, who rather sell crafting materials dropping in the content I do is also getting worse, so I'd support the issue stated in this thread. I haven't looked into augment-crafting, but I hope it's viable for someone like me who is just logging into the game for raids.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Darev's Avatar


Darev
10.10.2019 , 04:37 AM | #5
The cost of crafting green items is way too high. I'm fairly certain everyone agrees with that. I didn't even test crafting blues/purples because during phase 1 and 2 the exotic / rare mats weren't available from the terminal. By the time Phase 3 hit PTS, enough people were looking at crafting, it didn't need my input.

However, specifically regarding the jawa scrap vendors, don't forget that this is the first time that the newest mats are going to be available at any cost. For 4.0 and 5.0 and even before that, you could not get the newest tier of mats at any cost.

The 200 :1 ratio for the tier 11 mats isn't "wrong" in my opinion.
The cost increase that I disagree with are for the tier 1-10 mats. Increasing the base cost from 1 (scrap) : 1 (mat) to 1 (scrap) : X (item based on level of mat) is unnecessary.

Eric, in one post, said they did an inventory scan to see how much jawa scraps were out in the game and some people had "thousands" I suspect the only reason for this change is to deplete those inventories. To make up the difference for those of us w/o that level of stockpile they created more means of acquiring them. It remains to be seen if, for levels 1-10 of resource mats, that it balances out.

For grade 11 mats...we've wanted them in past expansions on day one...this is the first time we get them even if they are at increased costs, which again, I find acceptable.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
10.10.2019 , 04:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Ossus crafting was perfectly viable by just killing Veteran-mode Queen on multiple characters. The fight became pretty easy once people had a chance to learn it.
And 28 CMTs ends your argument of easy Ossus crafting. Seriously, what's the point of even discussing it? It's not subjective. Ossus crafting was just as ridiculously overpriced.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

_Anderal_'s Avatar


_Anderal_
10.10.2019 , 10:36 AM | #7
So lets go over ways you can now get jawa junk. We know you can get them from deconstructing. We also know we will be getting much more drops each run. This means you will be getting more and more items not needed and used. I think 200: 1 i still extremely high. I could be wrong and maybe 200: 1 is where the math should be but even 100: 1 seems more reasonable because you get about 5-10 jawa per item depending on its item type green/blue/purple. That means you would need to scrap about 10 items to get 1 part you need to craft an item you need.

Lets do the math full out

20 deconstructed purples = 200 jawa junk / 200 Assorted Droid Parts / 200 Scavenged Scrap = 1 of each item
20 x 200 = 4,000.

This to me is to high

I get some people have it stockpiled but those are usually the hardcore players the rest of us do not.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.10.2019 , 10:53 AM | #8
JediBoadicea has very clearly laid out the situation and what needs to be done:
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
My opinion, for whatever it's worth, and it's obviously not worth much, is that if you are hell-bent on "making crafting more difficult" then the only change you should keep is the addition of blue and purple quality components. That change alone makes the system three times more expensive and three times more time consuming. Even if you were to knock every single component (green, blue, purple all) back down to requiring 2/2/2 mats, the system would still be three times "harder" than it is now.

That is more than enough of a barrier. More than enough of an increase. Anything beyond that is needless, careless, wanton theory-crafted change that is going to earn you outrage and player unhappiness when it hits live. Please do not do that to yourselves. It's not necessary, and it is totally avoidable. When 6.0 drops, I want the dev team focused on ironing out bugs, refining gear, tweaking Ops difficulty, designing new FPs and Warzones, and pretty please for pity's sake giving Strongholds some desperately needed attention. I do not want you suffering scorn and wrath and stress trying to fix crafting after the fact, when we have given you ample warning that you need to fix it NOW.

  • Reduce the materials requirement for all components (green, blue, and purple quality) to 2/2/2 .
  • Green schematics must only require green materials to make. Remove conquest mats from this equation entirely.
  • Blue schematics must only require blue and green materials, in reasonable amounts.
  • Purple schematics can require purple, blue and green, in reasonable amounts.
  • Legendary schematics are the only ones that should require legendary mats.
  • Increase your RE chance. (Even with infinite mats your players' testing is showing that current percentages are punitive.)
  • Remove Grade 11 components from war supplies schematics.
  • Reduce the cost of buying mats from the vendor using Jawa scrap. (As I showed in one of my previous posts, if deconstructing 150 pieces of gear doesn't give us sufficient scrap to craft a single basic green component, then your math is catastrophically wrong.)
I suggest checking out the thread from which that quote comes, if you want to read more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
And 28 CMTs ends your argument of easy Ossus crafting. Seriously, what's the point of even discussing it? It's not subjective. Ossus crafting was just as ridiculously overpriced.
I cannot agree. In my experience as a non-hotshot, 95% solo-oriented player, CMTs were not hard to get. You just need to be in a conquest guild that makes its goals. Doing missions on my own with a view to each week's conquest goals, or sometimes just crafting, was enough for me to get multiple characters receiving conquest rewards each week. The large yield planets give an average of 2.5 CMTs per character per week. As such, the cost for Ossus crafting was largely fine for someone in a guild that does conquest focusing on large planets (and almost every activity, group or solo, helps with conquest). Ossus crafting is miles and miles better than 6.0 crafting.

(If you prefer not to be a guild, or to be in a small guild, or a guild that doesn't focus on conquest, that's your prerogative... but, in my experience, being in a big conquest guild does not force you to play the game differently from how you usually enjoy it. And, anyway, it's a choice. As long as there's an option to get necessary materials without making much change to how one plays, I think that's a friendly crafting system.)
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
10.10.2019 , 11:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
I have to add, as a NIM raider, the past few months have been surprisingly profitable. Each member of my group made about 3bn Credits by just doing what we wanted to do either way - farming titles in Gods. The initial price for Queen-materials was also satisfying.

However, if crafting in general is getting more difficult, players like me, who rather sell crafting materials dropping in the content I do is also getting worse, so I'd support the issue stated in this thread. I haven't looked into augment-crafting, but I hope it's viable for someone like me who is just logging into the game for raids.
if you dont see this as a problem, there is no hope for you. catering to make your nim raiders rich is not a good business model.

Balameb's Avatar


Balameb
10.10.2019 , 11:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by _Anderal_ View Post
I get some people have it stockpiled but those are usually the hardcore players the rest of us do not.
Stockpiling jawa junk to spend in grade 11 will disapoint everyone, even hardcore players. You can spend today 1 junk to get a mat that is worth 1k, 2k or even 10k+
Each "regular"(from gather/missions) single grade 11 mat will not be too overpriced because mission/time cost per each one has not increase drastically.
Even with all mats jawa cost increased, it will be better to gate anything up to grade 10 than spend 200 in grade 11. So even if you have several tabs of stacks of jawa junk, it is best to spend them now than wait for a miracle after 6.0, it will be too late then.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link