Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Phase 3 - Flashpoint Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Phase 3 - Flashpoint Balance
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flying-Brian
10.10.2019 , 01:25 AM | #91
Looks like there were some small balance changes with that last small patch a few days ago.

I am now able to solo vet HM again on my gearing up sniper without issues. A little more difficult then when it was scaled down in phase 2, but nothing like it was at the start of phase 3. The trash, mainly the silver star mobs have been toned way down.

The main issue was the drops being down grades almost across the board. For being at iLvl 300, I got 1 302 piece out of 16 pieces of gear. All the others were between 292 - 298.

speedphlux
10.10.2019 , 02:48 AM | #92
The awkwardness of "Bolster" and its balance :
https://i.imgur.com/f3h08wL.jpg

Note that we're all level 75 and this is HS Vet Mode via GF.
Me and the Merc were 306 IR, while the other two were sub 300 IR. Difference in HP and damage dealt was incredible. It took nearly a minute and a half for the Sin (Hatred if I'm correct) to kill off one of the big droids, while I was melting them in sub-30 seconds time.
I have no idea how I got level-sync'ed down to 70, and got more HP than what I actually have while not level-sync'ed and/or bolstered. Usually I max out at around 250-260k health pool.
Click on my referal link here

ottffsse
10.10.2019 , 08:12 AM | #93
The way FPs were before the last patch were fine (ie befor iR bolsterr). Sure you could have toned down the mobs in the vet ones but the mm fps had a good challenge to them. iR Bolsterr makes content a joke more so than 258 gear.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

sharkfishman
10.10.2019 , 08:21 AM | #94
Assault on Tython is not remotely doable by 4 DPS. The adds are crazy overpowered.

I'm not sure if all of the people saying these FPs are too easy are running with a healer, but 4 DPS groups seem to be struggling a lot against adds (not bosses). This doesn't include Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, etc., but later FPs instead.

Are we going back to needing roles in Vet FPs again?
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

prestoa
10.10.2019 , 10:13 AM | #95
Mm fps appear to be bugged. Instant death on first lot of mobs

SPrime
10.10.2019 , 11:06 AM | #96
Tested using:

Solo:
DPS 258 gear augmented with level 10 heal companion.
Was able to complete VM Hammer station without any issues about 20 minutes.
-Hiccup 1 was I did not micro companion on last boss and she died to sweeping gunfire

DPS 300 ilvl no augments with level 10 heal companion:
Smashed VM Hammer station in under 10 minutes.

The VM buff for higher gear level is broken and should be removed to make the content more challenging, at 300 ilvl i was getting 24 stacks of the buff and made the content so trivial. For a challenge if the drops didnt depend on gear level i would have stuck to 258 gear, so that I only get 1 stack of the buff.

MM
Do not change anything, content is challenging and fun again!

LK-Draco
10.11.2019 , 11:35 AM | #97
For me in current stage of pts vet was quite ok if u running with 4 damage dealer.
On Mastermode depending on gear etc its a bit more challenging but doable and fun, but if ppl starting to be optimized on gear etc there is a high change master mode getting even more boring than on live server now.

Question still is if u going to level cap the flashpoints, why u cant downgrade stats for crit, shield, acc, etc etc based on the gear u could max have on that level as well? Chars on higher levels still have an advantage due to their abilities and would save u a lot balancing time on later gear and level upgrade.
Esp MasterMode should should still be a challenge, which is really a problem these days for not beeing.