Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Phase 3 - World Content Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Phase 3 - World Content Balance
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.02.2019 , 04:54 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

Phase 3 is now active on PTS. Please head there and test how balance is feeling in all forms of world content. Missions, heroics, Chapters, etc. Please report your findings back into this thread. Some key information we are looking for:
  • Does a particular class or spec feel too strong? Too weak?
  • Do any of the new abilities feel particularly strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a set bonus that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a tactical that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a specific set bonus and tactical combination that is over powered?
Be as specific in your feedback as possible! The questions above are just for guidance, feel free to pass on any feedback you have.

Thanks all!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Stookydroid
10.02.2019 , 06:44 PM | #2
new sorc and assassin abilities are awful. Volt Rush is useless except with the aoe tactical or if you REALLY need an ability while moving. Giving an aoe tactical is useful for some fights but a new ability just to do that? Seems like a huge waste.
Assassin ability is just... why? it's a worse lacerate.
Neither of these classes needed these abilities and both should be reworked

geofraynils
10.03.2019 , 02:29 AM | #3
Mercenary new ability seems useless. Something like the marauder new one, a passive spell that boost another one, would be far better.
Serveur : Darth malgus - Guilde : Brain Damage - PVE NiM. - Rédacteur pour le site communautaire game-guide.fr

EmperorRus
10.03.2019 , 03:16 AM | #4
Quote:

Do any of the new abilities feel too weak?[
Volt Rush and Severing Slash are completely useless.

Quote:

Is there a tactical that feels too weak?
An Explosive Return. Completely worthless

Quote:

Does a particular class too weak?
Yes. Buff Madness and Deception single target DPS, Madness and Hatred survivability

BenKatarn
10.03.2019 , 03:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Do any of the new abilities feel particularly strong? Too weak?
Volt Rush / Telekinetic Blitz is a useless ability. Its charge system would be better suited for Shock / Project. The ability itself has no use, unless one has the appropriate Tactical equipped that allows it to trigger Lightning Storm / Tidal Force. Beyond that, I don't see any appliance for it. The ability really needs to be redone from scratch.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Bidli
10.03.2019 , 04:31 AM | #6

Is there a set bonus that feels too strong? Too weak?
weak, yes, like half of them are underwhelming... but if im about to pick one in particular, its that Marauder one that gives autocrit on BladeBlitz/BladeRush when used during Force Camouflage... I dont know how that happened, but no vaguely sane Marauder/Sent player will ever do that.. Not for Dmg, not for surviveability.. Maybe as a weird flex... lazy writing

EmperorRus
10.03.2019 , 05:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
weak, yes, like half of them are underwhelming
Agreed

Quote:
Don't worry though Madness/Balance has their own set bonuses to choose from as well.
Hey, there isn't a Madness/Balance specific set bonus. Why?

Dire Retaliation, Decelerator, Soulbender and Controller sets - nothing to do with Madness/Balance. Underwhelming, Sorcerer/Inquisitor generic.
Endless Offensive, Gathering Storm - favors Lightning/TK.

Jedistinky
10.03.2019 , 07:32 AM | #8
The renown consumables that are dropping from renown crates automatically open and give renown. Is there a way that can stop? I like to choose when and what character I use those on.

Dormei
10.03.2019 , 09:35 AM | #9
Definitely deception sin needs a buff..drastically nerfed compared to the rest of the classes. Also new useless skill (Severing Slash) require correction.

TrixxieTriss
10.03.2019 , 10:52 AM | #10
Hey all,

Phase 3 is now active on PTS. Please head there and test how balance is feeling in all forms of world content. Missions, heroics, Chapters, etc.

-eric
I posted this in another thread before you made this one. Once the pts comes back up I’ll run this chapter again if no one else does.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Chapter 1. Wrath and Ruin : Reach Shrine of Healing

The increase in difficulty to get the walker through this chapter is hard for someone who can play well and change strategy and tactics.
And even then, it’s nearly impossible to get past the last droid boss for me.
This is something I can usually do in my sleep, so yeah it was too easy for me in the live version.
But even the live version is hard for my wife. I often have to do it for her, so when she said this was harder I didn’t believe her at first till I tried it.

The level of difficulty in this chapter under story mode will be beyond a lot of players to do.

The increased amount of mobs and damage they do is hard. There also aren’t enough med bays to recharge if you are going to have each group do so much damage.
So even if you just get past a bunch, you know the next lot will kill you or you have to sit there for 5 minutes till your health goes up.

I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that I died 7 times on the way to the Walker boss at the end. And he killed me 3 times. In the end I gave up because it’s the PTS and it was wasting my time when I could have been doing other things.

I think you need to get some average / casual players testing the new difficulty increases across all the chapters. I’ve only tested that one. I’m sure most of the chapters will be fine, but you might find there are some anomalies like this chapter’s mechanics that are set too high.