Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on the current Nautolan Customisation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Thoughts on the current Nautolan Customisation?

Balameb
09.05.2019 , 10:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
Not as good as the Togruta or Cathar? What brand of spice do you happen to have there, my friend? No really, the Cathar are awful besides like 2-3 faces (for both genders imo) and mostly because they look strangely human and not weirdly proportioned wonks, hair customization is in the garbage, darker skin tones are completely unusable and they have a distinct lack of CAT-like features. Togruta have pitiful selection of faces (seriously, who comes up with like 70% of these?), terrible 'jewelry', a lack of montrail customization, male npc ingame have the longer ones but PCs can't have them (which still looks god awful) and there's been almost no additions made to them besides the jewelry I don't recall anyone asking for.

If anything, Nautolans > Twilek >>> Togruta > Cathar as it stands right now with the number of customization options and regarding lore and I'm a big Twilek and Cathar fan.
Its a matter of tastes, you are entitle to like twileks better. But about options, i think you did not count properly. There may be options that you don't like and only few are probably good about lore (i give you that). But Twileks have just 3 faces with 4 variations of each one. And only 8 colors. The only big number is cosmetics and patterns but is all in the same choice that it does not even offer the full range of combinations.
Togruta and Cathar just offer way more options that it cannot even compared.

Edit: I do think there is a lot that need to be added to both Togruta and Cathar. Like for expample more (and proper) hair options for cathar.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Blacklynx
09.06.2019 , 03:14 AM | #12
When i heard the Nautolans where going to be the next playable race i started deciding more or less the looks for the one i was going to make, based on the npcs we fing ingame. The idea i had was a character similar to the one in Mageraah post. I can't do that currently, the faces seem just off, and we don't have that many (6?).

I like the montral options, even if the "ponytail" option seems weird, i also like the skin colors, but the rest is just off to me. I prefer some of the cathar and togruta options (more options to them would be nice tho) to any of the Nautolans, as it it right now. Hopefully BW can correct some of it, or i'll have the first race i'm not making a character off.

Usually there's at least one face or variant i really like in the races, but can't seem to find one in the Nautolans so far, and that's a bummer for me, already had the class and personality chosen for my next playtrough.

Mageraah
09.07.2019 , 12:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Blacklynx View Post
When i heard the Nautolans where going to be the next playable race i started deciding more or less the looks for the one i was going to make, based on the npcs we fing ingame. The idea i had was a character similar to the one in Mageraah post. I can't do that currently, the faces seem just off, and we don't have that many (6?).

I like the montral options, even if the "ponytail" option seems weird, i also like the skin colors, but the rest is just off to me. I prefer some of the cathar and togruta options (more options to them would be nice tho) to any of the Nautolans, as it it right now. Hopefully BW can correct some of it, or i'll have the first race i'm not making a character off.

Usually there's at least one face or variant i really like in the races, but can't seem to find one in the Nautolans so far, and that's a bummer for me, already had the class and personality chosen for my next playtrough.
Was the same for me, I had 2 characters all ready for nautolan but as they are now it would be horrific.

Screaming_Ziva
09.08.2019 , 04:35 PM | #14
I'm a little confused how to even create a Nautolan. On the character creation screen, when I select Nautolan, it just gives me a Togruta.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

TerraStomper
09.08.2019 , 06:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I'm a little confused how to even create a Nautolan. On the character creation screen, when I select Nautolan, it just gives me a Togruta.
Right now, only Bounty Hunter works for Nautolans.

To me, their faces look like they're having a severe allergic reaction to something. They lack the angular look of the NPC versions. And yes, the female heads are out proportion. The male version heads can sometimes end up with a case of Headless Horseman, clipping, mostly inside the body cavity. Or they might suffer a case of "no neck" syndrome.

QseftJohn
09.08.2019 , 06:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
You have to be a Bounty Hunter if you want to play as one.

Personally they still need some work. This is the what you get with the [19-24] faces
https://i.imgur.com/W6tnc2d.png
I believe that these heads are simply place holders as the artists continue to fine tune the head mesh.
This is on body 1. Since all of the heads are all currently the same size (for male and female) they become hilarious if you use body 3.

Aberd
09.09.2019 , 03:57 PM | #17
Liking it so far.
Need to tweek the appearance window and separate the head from the montals. 72 head options with 6 montrals per face is a bit tiresome to go through.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

xordevoreaux
09.09.2019 , 07:51 PM | #18
Rolled a trooper. This looks a bit bleh to me: https://i.imgur.com/9TUTBYQ.png?1

Not liking the rifle target point near the eye

Edit: Aha, I see the problem! This one got mangled in the transporter, Captain!

Not only does he not have any hands (the geometry simply isn't even there) but his teeth are on top of his head. This is looking at him from above where you can see his teeth:

https://i.imgur.com/0c0aYkI.png

Maybe a trooper wasn't a good idea.

Edit: A body type 1 trooper looks fine: https://i.imgur.com/BMuVf4j.png
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

xordevoreaux
09.09.2019 , 08:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aberd View Post
Liking it so far.
Need to tweek the appearance window and separate the head from the montals. 72 head options with 6 montrals per face is a bit tiresome to go through.
The devs must be exasperated when they read this. The one thing they wanted to stave off post-release was a lot of people complaining that there aren't enough appearance options, so they shower us with appearance options, and then people complain it's too much.

Personally, I like all the options. More the better.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Hawkebatt
09.10.2019 , 02:17 AM | #20
mine looks hot pink on pts fine on character tab and character sellect or view outfit item. But hot pink in game.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.