Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Panossss
10.12.2019 , 05:20 AM | #81
Heya,

Thank you for the lighting sorc overall approach. It is much more than my expectations regarding single target & aoe choices. i feel i can actually play 'the way i want'.

Some calibration may be necessary ( i.e utilities categories) but it's a great start for 6.0 and much better than 5.0.

Madness needs rework, set bonus , single damage boost, dots, dcs. It will be a no go spec especially on pve.

Live server feels so boring, after pts is down now.

Regards,
Pan

ottffsse
10.12.2019 , 07:18 AM | #82
With the last tacticals and set bonus adjustments that were on the pts I feel madness dps is pretty competitive compared to the rest of the ranged dps field, but yes defensives are a concern - especially passive ones that allow you to maintain that potential competitive dps while not dying as your hots don't scale well at all to offset incoming damage. I ran Dxun sm for instance several times - with lightning, madness, marksman and virulence specs. On the big trash pulls lightning, and the sniper specs fared better than madness once I drew aggro and could continue to dps under some pressure while the madness sorc kind of melted after using their bubble cloud mind and even a medpac.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc