Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How is PT in 6.0?


ulrichvonkost's Avatar


ulrichvonkost
10.22.2019 , 05:13 PM | #1
Is the new skill enough to help PT's survive longer? How are we in PvP and PvE at 75? Is it any different then 70?

Thanks!
Ironfoe

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
10.23.2019 , 03:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ulrichvonkost View Post
Is the new skill enough to help PT's survive longer? How are we in PvP and PvE at 75? Is it any different then 70?

Thanks!
Ironfoe
Its still a joke. On dps spec, Power Yield at 5 stacks increases dmg reduction by 25%(with 306 gear gonna be a bit more). Its essentially a Reactive Shield that lasts 5 sec less, but has cd 1 minute, instead of 2 on RS.

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
10.23.2019 , 06:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Its still a joke. On dps spec, Power Yield at 5 stacks increases dmg reduction by 25%(with 306 gear gonna be a bit more). Its essentially a Reactive Shield that lasts 5 sec less, but has cd 1 minute, instead of 2 on RS.
It also increases your damage by 10%, and there is a utility that essentially makes it last 30 seconds. It's like a better Cloak of Pain.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
10.23.2019 , 01:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
It also increases your damage by 10%, and there is a utility that essentially makes it last 30 seconds. It's like a better Cloak of Pain.
Yeah, you didn't think this through, mate. Any kind of incoming damage, even ticking, add up additional stacks of Power Yield. Its not like your opponent would wait for 10 sec for 4 times, so that you could stretch effects of DCD; In any real match, you would stack up 5 stacks in less than 5 sec.

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
10.27.2019 , 05:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Yeah, you didn't think this through, mate. Any kind of incoming damage, even ticking, add up additional stacks of Power Yield. Its not like your opponent would wait for 10 sec for 4 times, so that you could stretch effects of DCD; In any real match, you would stack up 5 stacks in less than 5 sec.
I don't have a PT at 72+ yet to check but that utility states that Power Yield refreshes duration on damage taken. Nothing related to stacks. The way I read this utility is that it is exactly like Cloak of Pain, as that utility and Cloak of Pain have pretty much the same wording. So, as long as you take at least some damage in each 10 seconds, you will go to the full duration of 30 seconds.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
10.28.2019 , 10:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
I don't have a PT at 72+ yet to check but that utility states that Power Yield refreshes duration on damage taken. Nothing related to stacks. The way I read this utility is that it is exactly like Cloak of Pain, as that utility and Cloak of Pain have pretty much the same wording. So, as long as you take at least some damage in each 10 seconds, you will go to the full duration of 30 seconds.
Wording might be the same, but doesn't work exactly the same. Any kind of dmg, ticking, aoe, direct... adds up a stack and each stack only refreshes that 10 sec timer. Like i mentioned in previous comment. in pvp you would get all 5 stack within few seconds, after which your 10 sec of dcd basically starts. Besides, it's still nowhere near of good dcd, but i guess, at this point, we'll take anything we can get.

Fiqh's Avatar


Fiqh
10.28.2019 , 12:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
It also increases your damage by 10%, and there is a utility that essentially makes it last 30 seconds. It's like a better Cloak of Pain.
What is this utility you speak of. Please do share.

TevosisHot's Avatar


TevosisHot
10.30.2019 , 12:58 PM | #8
As defensive cooldown it's trash, only use for it is the dmg increase,which was never the problem with powertechs to begin with.
I find hilarious that pretty much all specs have some sort of self heal or in some cases a heal to full ability while pt's have the worst defensive coodlowns in the game and still get the short end of the stick with the new "ability" (this already happened with translocate for tanks but that is another can of worms) when snipers get something they didnt even need.

I urge people to try it for themselves before proclaming it a better cloak of pain...

NateCrazy's Avatar


NateCrazy
10.30.2019 , 06:13 PM | #9
yep, PT is garbage again for 6.0

play ranked pvp with it, simple as that.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
10.31.2019 , 05:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TevosisHot View Post
As defensive cooldown it's trash, only use for it is the dmg increase,which was never the problem with powertechs to begin with.
I find hilarious that pretty much all specs have some sort of self heal or in some cases a heal to full ability while pt's have the worst defensive coodlowns in the game and still get the short end of the stick with the new "ability" (this already happened with translocate for tanks but that is another can of worms) when snipers get something they didnt even need.

I urge people to try it for themselves before proclaming it a better cloak of pain...
It's not the pt. PT is exactly was it's supposed to be - glass canon. As dps you're not supposed to be tanking everyone, like snipers do, no. You execute your load and die. It's astonishing that devs don't realize this. I think, we either need entirely new combat system or just roll everything back to 2/3.x(with some minor balancing of course).