Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You have reached 3000 command tokens.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You have reached 3000 command tokens.....
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sotmax
03.09.2017 , 10:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
If you aren't gonna use them for command boosting your alts, what's the point in making them give T1 gear? If people aren't using them for the superior command boosts then there's a more important problem to address, which is alt leveling not being very worth-while.

Also, gearing your alts in set gear got easier in 5.1.2 with UC gains, and is gonna get substantially easier in 5.2 with Op drops.
Hmmm...let me correct my post.
Please also add the option to purchase T1 gear. Meaning if there are only for boosts they will cap really fast make them almost useless.
Pressing Random buttons Since Beta
Jarrvis // Memrros
*TRE*

Andryah
03.09.2017 , 10:20 AM | #12
Big deal. Players have been complaining about token caps in this game since launch, as there are always players that earn more tokens then they can spend. Been this way for 5 years now... or have you forgotten about all the drama around the great token-for-credits exchange program that took place with 5.0, which clearly demonstrated that many players accumulate more tokens (of various types) then they can actually use.

Spend them if you have a use for them. If there is nothing you need.. why do you care? They did not actually cost you anything as clearly you were chasing crates and not tokens.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Sotmax
03.09.2017 , 10:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I'd love to see unassembled components having a vender so others that do not PVP or GSF can have the ability to upgrade gear.
Also will be the best if UCs are legacy wide or at least can trade them to a vendor for sending them werever you want(as was with wz comms).
Pressing Random buttons Since Beta
Jarrvis // Memrros
*TRE*

EricMusco
03.09.2017 , 01:45 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotmax View Post
Really BW.
As stated by someone(Evolixe i think), is better to use those for purchasing the T1 gear.
We have plenty of them and they are secure drop from evey command crate.They re useless if we' re going to use them only for command boosts.
Future uses for Command Tokens is something we talk about often. In fact, using them to purchase Tier 1 gear is something that has been considered internally as well.

One change that is coming in 5.2 is that the Command Boosts will work at all Command Ranks. This gives more functionality for players who are at high Ranks as they can then still use the boosts on their main character. Especially to work into Tier 4 at CR 300.

It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthDymond
03.09.2017 , 01:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?

-eric
1 - purchase gear at a Tier below your current one, to fill in any 'gaps' in your set that are still there by the time you've moved on to a higher Tier.

2 - purchase the items from 'cosmetic items' slot in the loot table from the GC Crates.

3 - purchase Cartel Certs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's currently any way to get them, and it would be nice to see them back in circulation somehow.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

TUXs
03.09.2017 , 02:03 PM | #16
One change that is coming in 5.2 is that the Command Boosts will work at all Command Ranks. This gives more functionality for players who are at high Ranks as they can then still use the boosts on their main character. Especially to work into Tier 4 at CR 300.

-eric
Eric, I just want to clarify - does this mean that the Superior 100% CXP boosts will work beyond CR 179 then? Even at CR 300? That should be the only boost that's impacted by this change since (I believe) all the other boosts can already be used at any CR, right?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

HKtheindomitable
03.09.2017 , 02:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
3 - purchase Cartel Certs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's currently any way to get theml, and it would be nice to see them back in circulation somehow.
Agreement: Oooh. I like that one. Or even buy small amounts of Rep from the old cartel packs (maybe not, but it would be nice).
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Ebon Hawk | Captain |International Guild

Jerba
03.09.2017 , 02:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Eric, I just want to clarify - does this mean that the Superior 100% CXP boosts will work beyond CR 179 then? Even at CR 300? That should be the only boost that's impacted by this change since (I believe) all the other boosts can already be used at any CR, right?
I'm interested in this as well. I have a few 25% boosts stored up but no 100% yet; would be great to get an answer to this. And if it affects only the boosts from the vendor (those you can buy with tokens) or the ones from the Cartel Market as well.

DarthDymond
03.09.2017 , 02:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Agreement: Oooh. I like that one. Or even buy small amounts of Rep from the old cartel packs (maybe not, but it would be nice).
Yeah, I was just about to go back and edit in "or Rep Tokens" - those are currently in the GC Crate drop tables, right? It would be nice to also use the Command Tokens for a more targeted approach to otherwise unobtainable Reps.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

casirabit
03.09.2017 , 02:23 PM | #20
Future uses for Command Tokens is something we talk about often. In fact, using them to purchase Tier 1 gear is something that has been considered internally as well.

-eric
1. To be able to exchange some repeat gear with what you could use.
2. Cosmetic gear.
3. Decorations
4. Cartel Certificates
5. Companion Gifts
6. Reputation Points from those we may not have maxed out yet.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj