Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.08.2017 , 10:36 AM | #101
Thank you Eric.

I need to ask - rather than just nerfing anything that can result in quicker CXP gains, have you thought about possibly increasing the points given to those that take longer? You're never going to keep up with the players and you'll always be one step behind if you're always looking to reduce the amount of CXP gained vs. increasing it in the areas that take longer. Incentive works.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

EricMusco
03.08.2017 , 10:48 AM | #102 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Thank you Eric.

I need to ask - rather than just nerfing anything that can result in quicker CXP gains, have you thought about possibly increasing the points given to those that take longer? You're never going to keep up with the players and you'll always be one step behind if you're always looking to reduce the amount of CXP gained vs. increasing it in the areas that take longer. Incentive works.
Absolutely, good question. We certainly will lean into buffing over nerfing, where possible. In the case of Fractured and KotFE Chapter 1 and 2 though they are not only outperforming other Uprisings and Chapters, but also other content as well. It is still our intention that large group and difficult content (such as Operations and Warzones) are the best source of CXP.

If someone can do something by themselves (or in small groups), with minimal challenge, and receive more rewards than something like an Operation, you should expect it is gonna get adjusted.

Again, on the inverse, if you discover something that is not rewarding for its time spent, let us know! If "no one is running X Uprising" cause it is not worth the time, we will almost certainly buff it to bring it in line and feel rewarding.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Isaee
03.08.2017 , 10:53 AM | #103
I am just wondering why the boss kills alone im SM is Higher than in Veteran Mode or in Nightmare. For Example :

Dread Fortress storymode groupfinder Boss 1 when it falls it gives around 2k cxp without ther cxp pack. In Hardmode ( Vet Mode ) it just gives around 1500 cxp. In Nim its around 1200 afaik.
SWG war Gestern , SW:Tor ist die Zukunft

TUXs
03.08.2017 , 11:02 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Absolutely, good question. We certainly will lean into buffing over nerfing, where possible. In the case of Fractured and KotFE Chapter 1 and 2 though they are not only outperforming other Uprisings and Chapters, but also other content as well. It is still our intention that large group and difficult content (such as Operations and Warzones) are the best source of CXP.

If someone can do something by themselves (or in small groups), with minimal challenge, and receive more rewards than something like an Operation, you should expect it is gonna get adjusted.

Again, on the inverse, if you discover something that is not rewarding for its time spent, let us know! If "no one is running X Uprising" cause it is not worth the time, we will almost certainly buff it to bring it in line and feel rewarding.

-eric
Understood, and good to hear! Thank you for the reply Eric.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AscendingSky
03.08.2017 , 11:05 AM | #105

-eric
The bonus CXP event has made GC tolerable. Knowing you're not only going to be cutting the CXP back to pre-event levels in April, but actually cutting them LOWER than that for several activities, seems disingenuous--especially when you're finally working to fix the horrendous drop crates on Command Crates. TUX's suggestion would be a lot better... increasing the gains of activities that are harder/longer than certain Uprisings or story chapters to make them worth doing in the first place.

Also, again, I do not believe you guys when you say these sorts of things were 'accidentally' left out of patch notes any longer. You have a long history of leaving out nerfs and other negative changes and not bothering to correct the issue until players raise a huge stink about it. It's hard to trust you now that this was really and truly unintentional.
#RemoveRNG
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Sargrith
03.08.2017 , 11:06 AM | #106
Hey folks,

I talked with the team to get the scope of what Mission rewards are changing with 5.2. As some of you guessed in the thread, the following Missions are also having their CXP values reduced:
  • KOTFE - Chapter 1
  • KOTFE - Chapter 2
Those two along with Fractured are the only Mission rewards that are seeing major changes in 5.2. However, there are other Missions which are receiving minor tweaks as well. Just to set an expectation, beyond 5.2 we will continue to make Mission reward adjustments based on time spent vs reward. Our goal is quite simple, if you play a type of content, you should receive fairly consistent rewards across that content, difficulty, based on time spent.

Example: If you want to play story mode Uprisings, we want all Uprisings to give you relatively the same reward for the time you spend playing them. If an Uprising takes 5 minutes, it should give around 1/5th the reward of one that takes 25 minutes. Obviously that won't be exact, but you get the idea.

If I learn of any other CXP changes happening in 5.2 (or in the future) I will pass them on. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Any thoughts on altering rewards for stealth runs that bypass many of the encounters vs non-stealth runs that are forced in some chases to slog it out? I mean if it takes 25 minutes to slog it out, taking say 15 to stealth it by this logic should only grant 60% of the cxp right?

And there are chapters that are espically when running them on master level much longer than others. I think its chapter 10 that also includes multiple double gold fights that simply is a clear level of difficulty higher than many other chapters that I should be worth a bunch more.

EricMusco
03.08.2017 , 11:25 AM | #107 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
The bonus CXP event has made GC tolerable. Knowing you're not only going to be cutting the CXP back to pre-event levels in April, but actually cutting them LOWER than that for several activities, seems disingenuous--especially when you're finally working to fix the horrendous drop crates on Command Crates.
*snip*
Just to clear up any confusion, once the CXP event has ended we will be buffing the standard CXP rate. They won't be returning to rates that you experienced before the event, they will be higher. Exactly how high is still TBD and I should have that information in the coming weeks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

phalczen
03.08.2017 , 11:26 AM | #108

-eric
So, for the light vs dark world bosses, between the time to organize and the time searching the galaxy, CXP rewards and, if opposite alignment, token rewards are pretty underwhelming. Any chance they could get a balance pass to incentivize them better? I totally agree with Tux though. I mean let's be honest here Eric, we know cxp gains are going to be nerfed relative to the current events' 350% boost. Chapter 3 and chapter 8 are pretty long between all the trash. Makes more sense to buff those than simply nerf Chapter 1
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

AdrianDmitruk
03.08.2017 , 11:29 AM | #109

-eric
So, what about late night warzone queue pops? Those certainly aren't rewarding for the time spent in the queue late night.

Sometimes the game will try to pop a full 16m warzone when there are only 11 or 12 people on, total, in the queue. So it ends up 3v8, or 4v8, and ends after 30 seconds. And because of a recent patch, everyone who waited 20, 30 minutes or more for that pop gets nothing except for some valor (useless) and a few credits.

Worse, that change incentivizes the few people who are there to leave, guaranteeing warzone shutdown, because they will get nothing for staying and at least rushing to get as many medals as they can 30s after the gates open. That makes the odds of the warzone backfilling enough to stay alive very long indeed.

1) Shouldn't the game have popped an arena instead? (Much as I hate arenas, they at least last long enough to pay out CXP during extremely low population times that can't support full 8v8s).

2) Shouldn't a short warzone at least pay out about a tenth of a normal warzone, so those who stay in the hopes that someone will come in and keep the match alive at least get something for their time loading into the queue?

Nothing is more frustrating late night/early morning than waiting around half an hour for a queue pop, only to get nothing from it, through no fault of your own.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

Kaldron_Fell
03.08.2017 , 11:37 AM | #110
KOTFE chapters shouldn't be nerfed. Yes, they're quick, but they are also challenging on master mode. Not as challenging as others, but challenging enough. Unless you play a tank (which takes longer) you have to concentrate throughout the fights, especially if you're 230 geared.

There are other chapters that are much much easier, that just have way more conversation and running around in them. Why on earth should they be more rewarding in terms of CXP? Just because they take longer?
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

Dread Pony Unicorn Squad